CC's Swing - Panda input requested

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Don't know if Panda saw this. Friendly bump.

Bump for Panda.

I'm not Panda but ..... this is what I see in your Push Driver

1. Your clubface is open at the top of your backswing. (facing the sky)

backswing3.jpg

this requires too much hand manipulation in order to get the face back to square at impact. It should look like this. The face should parallel your left arm in the backswing.

backswing1.jpg

2. You seem to take the club inside too much on the take away.

backswing2.jpg

the club should be "outside" the hands on the backswing. Like this.

backswing4.jpg

I'm no teacher but these are my thoughts. Hope it helps. If you think it would, I could give you practice drills to help accomplish it.

:)

I'm not Panda but ..... this is what I see in your Push Driver

1. Your clubface is open at the top of your backswing. (facing the sky)

View attachment 27966

this requires too much hand manipulation in order to get the face back to square at impact. It should look like this. The face should parallel your left arm in the backswing.

View attachment 27967

2. You seem to take the club inside too much on the take away.

View attachment 27968

the club should be "outside" the hands on the backswing. Like this.

View attachment 27969

I'm no teacher but these are my thoughts. Hope it helps. If you think it would, I could give you practice drills to help accomplish it.

:)
Thanks, but isn't the clubface pointing at the sky a sign of a closed face at the top?

Last edited:
Thanks, but isn't the clubface pointing at the sky a sign of a closed face at the top?

Sorry ... meant closed. Either way, it still requires too much manipulation to get the face back to square at impact.

Your 7-iron push swing ... same thing basically.

1. on the take away, at waist high, the toe of the club should point straight up (yellow) ... yours is shut, still looking at the ball on the way back (red)

iron2.jpg

iron_right_way_1.jpg

2. face is shut at the top ... facing the sky. The club face should mirror your left arm.

View attachment 27975

iron_right_way_2.jpg

Attachments

• iron3.jpg
    iron3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0
I would look at your grip .... it's my bet that it's too strong. (left hand too far to the right pointing at the right shoulder)

Try getting it more neutral on top of the club. See about 2 knuckles (instead of 2 1/2 to 3) of the left hand with the thumb more on top or just off to the side of the shaft.

But again ... I'm not Panda. So you may want to wait to ask for his input.

Back