What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
43/39 with bogey bogey finish. Could've broke 80 but wasn't in the cards I suppose.

43/39 with bogey bogey finish. Could've broke 80 but wasn't in the cards I suppose.

Hmm you with 82 and Rob with 80 on Tuesday, sounds like a team hitting their stride

Shot a 44 last night on a beat up track. The greens were in pretty terrible shape and extremely slow, so there were a few 3 putts that probably could have been avoided. They weren't very receptive either, had a few hit the green pin high and then roll off into the rough.

Driver and irons were good. wedges were so-so. But I was happy. Next round will be Olde Stonewall.

49 today. 5 bogeys, 4 doubles. Once again, I choked on the toughest hole on the course. 350 yard par 4. Got off great from the tee with a FIR and 120 left to the pin. Nice smooth 8 iron hits three feet from the hole and rolls 20 feet past for GIR (twice in two days, see picture*). Was up on a table so tried to baby the first putt and left it 10 feet short. Missed the next putt by an inch and wound up with a bogey. Again, snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. One day I will par this hole! Had at least three looks at par's today but couldn't get any of them to drop. 16 total putts thanks to holing out from the fringe on the first hole for a zero putt, to go along with 1 1 putt and 1 3 putt. Was decent off the tee today, and wish I had a couple second shots back ... I'm losing strokes inside 80 yards. That needs to stop.

*My ball is the one on the left, and no I didn't walk in my partners line ... he chipped it through there after I had walked back to my ball.
179482d39750117e7c91aabe7006d48e.jpg

Last edited:
Holy crap. Last night - great weather and conditions. Still didn't help my game.

0/7 FIR, 1/9 GIR - 45. But I still beat the dude in my match play event. Good lord I could not buy a shot. So frustrating. I was hitting the ball well, actually, but it was not going where I wanted it to go!

42/44 for 86. 30 putts. Waited a little longer to go out today. Tee'd off at 0730 and played right behind the mowers. So I didn't have to putt in the dew. Nice morning.

3o/41 80. Played solid on the front with 6 GIR's then bogeyed the first 3 on the back. Very solid putting though that came in clutch situations (playing for skins) so I was happy about that.

Wish you could get to Pittsburgh, think we could win it
Yeah we do have unfinished business. Unfortunately I'll be going north instead of Southeast this weekend. Wish I could make it but work beckons.

Played 9 holes today, shot 43 on a par 35. Apparently it's hard to shoot a good score when a person misses every fairway. :banghead:

Played 9 holes today, shot 43 on a par 35. Apparently it's hard to shoot a good score when a person misses every fairway. :banghead:

Come to Georgia and I will show you straight missiles down every fairway :alien:

48 with 5, count em, FIVE three jacks. I am so bloody lost right now.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Try putting with the vapor pro?

Shot a 40-40-80 today in men's club. I feel like I should have shot much better considering the way I was hitting the ball. Bad misses and brain farts popped up on occasion to screw things up. Had some really weird weather with the edge of the eye of that tropical depression sitting right on top of us. Swirling winds to say the least!

Had the confidence to try working the ball today and had some really good results. Still had a few misses, of course, but a few flew exactly as intended. Feels like a next step!

Shot 47 in league tonight with only one 3 putt! Should have been a 45 but after a great drive I got robbed on my 2nd shot on a par 5. There was only one branch 25ft up hanging out over the FW that could upset things and sure enough I hit a great 3w. Hit the limb and bounced straight left 50yds to the other side of the fairway and OoB and lost it. Still was able to finish the hole with a 7. Kills me because I hammered it good and most likely could have made it to the green in 3 which I usually don't reach.

Personal Best
38/38 76 (par 70). One birdie and two dbl on the front. Three bogeys on the back. 34 putts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personal Best
38/38 76 (par 70). One birdie and two dbl on the front. Three bogeys on the back. 34 putts.

That's what I'm talking about! Great round! You didn't get many chances to add to the ball count with that round, I'll bet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a 45 as I subbed in our shotgun Thursday night league tonight. I was the low handicap (wtf?) so everybody else was getting strokes. Our league splits up the 9 holes into three 3 hole matches. We lost the first third 2 down, won the second third 2 up, and I birdied the par 5 #1 to win the third third and the overall match. I was glad that I could contribute since my putting was mediocre to shoddy all night long!

gr8dryv, I've got my clutchiness ready to go!

Shot a 92(45/47), 36 putts, 5 FW and 5 GIR. Short game was terrible today, gave away a lot of strokes right around the green.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

@tpluff: How far north? :alien:

Played 14 holes before heading home last night. Was +7 over those 14.
8 pars.
Surprising since I was guessing on most of my iron shots, which were all about a club longer than my Apexes.
Measured a couple 7 irons to 165-170 (old setup was 155-160).
Knocked one 5 iron out to 193y. That used to be my 4HY.

Looks like I'll be concentrating on a new gapping setup in the near future.

Shot a 44 on league last night. Got on a bogey train and couldn't get off fast enough. Looked like I had never played golf in my life. Took me 5 to get down from 210 yards out on the first hole, a par 5, and it went downhill from there.

Just setting myself up for a good round today and a great round Saturday!

Played 14 holes before heading home last night. Was +7 over those 14.
8 pars.
Surprising since I was guessing on most of my iron shots, which were all about a club longer than my Apexes.
Measured a couple 7 irons to 165-170 (old setup was 155-160).
Knocked one 5 iron out to 193y. That used to be my 4HY.

Looks like I'll be concentrating on a new gapping setup in the near future.

Wowser! :bomb: Sounds like you have some cannons in the bag :golf2:

Gave up scoring the front 9 this morning, I couldn't hit a club.. Back 9 was a 41. Five pars, 3 bogies and a double. I don't understand this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back