The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

I got to share this past weekend with a couple of my brothers,and the feelings are still so strong with us.
This event, the bonds formed, the memories, the experiences, it's all still very moving.

Getting to talk to others a little bit about the event is something that will never get old, in fact getting goosebumps when talking about it.

For 18 holes on saturday I was reminded of this great event on every green. I used my hideaway ball marker that was given to me by Kevin. Everytime I bent down to place it behind the ball and pick it up before I putt. My feelings about this event are clear. I will give the entry process 110% as I expect everyine else will as well.

Well said! I have every intention of giving everything I've got, both in the entry process and in the prep if selected.

Dont forget everybody, Gauntlet signups start very soon and the MVP gets an autobid.

Plus, #TheGauntlet is going to be freaking INCREDIBLE.

So make the Gauntlet, play my ass off (amongst other things that make an MVP) and then hope that no hanging Chads keep me from getting the required votes.

Easy peasy, right?

Getting a chance to reminisce about the Grandaddy with Michigan Slice and Jdtox, along with talking my experiences with fellow THPers this weekend, only reminded how lucky I was to get into this amazing event... and how much I want to get back in. The Gauntlet is a great place to start.

Range time yesterday may not have been the most productive, but having this as the ultimate goal is a little bit of an incentive :alien:

Well said! I have every intention of giving everything I've got, both in the entry process and in the prep if selected.

I don't know about you, but my prep has been going on already and will continue throughout the year as I would not want to be the last person selected and then worry about how little prep I had actually done compared to everyone else

I know everyone is different but I want to make sure I can be as prepared as possible in case I am selected - to take a quote from an old film.....chance favours the prepared mind (bonus points for those who recognise where I have taken that from :D)

Rare opportunity during the early hours of Sunday morning. Found myself sitting with 3 grandaddy vets listening to all their stories from December.
af661b2833157daabd9ab112d28dfb75.jpg

Rare opportunity during the early hours of Sunday morning. Found myself sitting with 3 grandaddy vets listening to all their stories from December.
af661b2833157daabd9ab112d28dfb75.jpg

My goodness, how does that one room contain all the awesome that is sitting there. I can only imagine the stories those particular gents elected to tell.

My goodness, how does that one room contain all the awesome that is sitting there. I can only imagine the stories those particular gents elected to tell.

My guess is Pete was talking about his singles match against Ethan...that was a roller coaster, Jeremy was talking about how he is an Undefeated Champion and CJ was talking about EVERTYTHING...Love you guys!

Love seeing this thread pop up.... Wish some of these reminiscing sessions were on video :)

The #Grandaddy is not so far off and my game is coming around. Really hoping to be part of #TeamRedemption.... The first team of hopefully a long string of THP teams to make the #ZooCrew have to make like the '72 Dolphins and live in the past.

We were playing out at Kennsington in OH on Friday on the way to Pitt when the pro, who some guys here have met before, Chris Carfangia decided to come out and play a par 3 with us. I came up a bit short and had a to chip it up on the green. Confidently, I stepped up and hit a nice little chip that hopped checked and rolled to about a foot from the pin. He immediately looked at me and asked what me what my handicap was. When I said I'm a 10 he said "Really? that was a great shot, I try to teach that shot to my students all the time, how did you learn that?". My response was "well, you see...I got this lesson from Roger Cleveland in December..."

Yet another fantastic #TheGrandaddy memory that will be never be forgotten.

We were playing out at Kennsington in OH on Friday on the way to Pitt when the pro, who some guys here have met before, Chris Carfangia decided to come out and play a par 3 with us. I came up a bit short and had a to chip it up on the green. Confidently, I stepped up and hit a nice little chip that hopped checked and rolled to about a foot from the pin. He immediately looked at me and asked what me what my handicap was. When I said I'm a 10 he said "Really? that was a great shot, I try to teach that shot to my students all the time, how did you learn that?". My response was "well, you see...I got this lesson from Roger Cleveland in December..."

NBD just a quick sesh with MR. Cleveland. I wish I had that little nugget in my back pocket. I hope I have the chance.

Did his jaw hit the green?

I got to share this past weekend with a couple of my brothers,and the feelings are still so strong with us.
This event, the bonds formed, the memories, the experiences, it's all still very moving.

Getting to talk to others a little bit about the event is something that will never get old, in fact getting goosebumps when talking about it.

it was pretty cool listening to you talk about your experience. Then when you showed me the hairs standing up on your arm while talking about it was unbelievable. I hope i get the chance to experience this event.

I went and played 9 today and keeping the Granddaddy in mind, i played smart and patient. While I played bogey golf for every hole except for a double on the next to last hole, it was about the best that I have plyed in well over a year. So whether I get in or not just the simple thought of this possibility, has me playing playing to a level that I have not ever gotten to. Thank you THP and Callaway.

New thread going up shortly with a nice video from Darth Finley asking for THPer thoughts and feedback. Every single hopeful should participate in creating the perfect event...Which is what #TheGrandaddy is.

New thread going up shortly with a nice video from Darth Finley asking for THPer thoughts and feedback. Every single hopeful should participate in creating the perfect event...Which is what #TheGrandaddy is.

Can't wait to see it! So pumped for every new announcement!

A couple more memories.

The bus rides were pretty great, (except for the Gatorade bottle incident...lol) with discussions of all sorts.
I remembered from a visit at Carls Demo days the winter before that Harry Arnett had a kid named CJ also, and in typical Harry fashion, when I asked how his kid CJ was doing, he responded "She's Better at golf than you are" I replied "Oh? is she 3-0 in her matches today as well?" the bus erupted, and Harry nodded a quick approval to my quick comeback.

Another conversation had Mr. Super Villain talking how us internet golfers were coming up with crazy shaft pairings and combos, to which I responded I should have had my Wedges tipped and my Putter soft stepped. it was a funny moment.
The #ZooCrew Love this event as much as we do, believe it or not, when those gates open and the bus drives into the Hideaway, there is excitement from everyone on board, THP'ers and #ZooCrew alike.

I often reminisce about my experiences last December, Love strolling down memory lane.

The softstepped putter comment even had the zoocrew laughing. It was hysterical.

You crawling over and around a Sleeping Chad was pretty funny too bud!

More like a, "hey I can fit between the top of the headrest and the luggage rack. If I can just get ove...." And that's when I fell down and bounced off the seat behind me.

You crawling over and around a Sleeping Chad was pretty funny too bud!

More like a, "hey I can fit between the top of the headrest and the luggage rack. If I can just get ove...." And that's when I fell down and bounced off the seat behind me.
I really wish I had recorded that, but I was too busy laughing...and being amazed that a human body could squeeze between the ceiling and top of the seat rest.

Back