So this is my Legacy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so great you got that trip with Matt. I loved reading your recap of that snippet of conversation with him. Such a great kid (back when I played with him), and now a young man.

Does indeed sound like the trip came at the perfect time. You'll press forward from here and finish the race. That's just what you do Kevin. You are going to give everything you've got in preparation and at the event.

It's so great you got that trip with Matt. I loved reading your recap of that snippet of conversation with him. Such a great kid (back when I played with him), and now a young man.

Does indeed sound like the trip came at the perfect time. You'll press forward from here and finish the race. That's just what you do Kevin. You are going to give everything you've got in preparation and at the event.
Thanks Barry, they fm grow up to damn fast as you're well aware of. But it's rewarding as a parent to see them mature, and become adults. Bitter sweet at times. I'm really excited to enter the final push with a clear mind and go "all-in"

Great weekend of golf with THPers, my game seemed to travel,fairly well this weekend. I came away with some things to work on, and some mental things that need to be adjusted.

A few quotes and thoughts from over the weekend:

"Stop being ok with just ok"
"Trust it"
"dont allow the actions of others take me out of the task at hand"
"going after it really only means losing control"
"take it to right field"
"enjoy the moment when your in it, it may never happen again"
A true friendship win every time.
I'm one lucky SOB! Out kicking the coverage is winning!

Last edited:
Great weekend of golf with THPers, my game seemed to travel,fairly well this weekend. I came away with some things to work on, and some mental things that need to be adjusted.

A few quotes and thoughts from over the weekend:

"It's not ok to be just ok"
"Trust it"
"dont allow the actions of others take me out of the task at hand"
"going after it really only means losing control"
"take it to right field"
"enjoy the moment when your in it, it may never happen again"
A true friendship win every time.
I'm one lucky SOB! Out kicking the coverage is winning!

I got a thought for you, get your @$$ out of your own head. You're only one who doesn't believe how damn good you really are and IMO that's what's holding you back! You need to start believing that you're the bad mofo on the golf course that you really are. Once you get over that hurdle dude the sky is the absolute limit.

I got a thought for you, get your @$$ out of your own head. You're only one who doesn't believe how damn good you really are and IMO that's what's holding you back! You need to start believing that you're the bad mofo on the golf course that you really are. Once you get over that hurdle dude the sky is the absolute limit.
Ha! Of course and that one! I've got to get to that "place". It's getting closer and closer. There are a lot of years of bad mental thoughts I'm working to erase.

Ha! Of course and that one! I've got to get to that "place". It's getting closer and closer. There are a lot of years of bad mental thoughts I'm working to erase.

I can certainly appreciate that my man! Once it clicks for you and it will, you're going to be unbeatable.

What jimmy said!!

i loved how Dan started that conversation with you just looking at you with a dead straight face and asking "why aren't you breaking par" and just waiting for the answer.

I haven't gotten to play a round with you yet this year (let's change that soon) but have watched you a lot on the range and both those guys are spot on.

I know know you're more motivated than ever, I think this weekend was probably just what you needed for the home stretch.

What jimmy said!!

i loved how Dan started that conversation with you just looking at you with a dead straight face and asking "why aren't you breaking par" and just waiting for the answer.

I haven't gotten to play a round with you yet this year (let's change that soon) but have watched you a lot on the range and both those guys are spot on.

I know know you're more motivated than ever, I think this weekend was probably just what you needed for the home stretch.

I couldn't agree more. It was the the perfect thing for the home stretch. We will get out an play, no doubt about it.

Like I said on Friday. Think back to that final walk on 18 at The Hideaway. Remember what the joys of the game bring. Remember that a legacy is built on that.

Emotions are good for the soul.

Like I said on Friday. Think back to that final walk on 18 at The Hideaway. Remember what the joys of the game bring. Remember that a legacy is built on that.

Kevin can try to hide it all he wants but those of thus that have known him know it's not in his nature to not wear his emotions on his sleeve. He just needs to embrace it.

That round has been my fuel for many things in my life, and will continue to be.

Kevin your game is solid. If this weekend was any indication of how you are going to play at the Legacy, you will be a force to be reckoned with.

Kevin your game is solid. If this weekend was any indication of how you are going to play at the Legacy, you will be a force to be reckoned with.
Thanks buddy, had a great time playing Saturday.

don't even get me started.

One of the smoothest swings I've ever seen in an amateur golfer. One of the best people I know.

Your legacy is so far beyond your game in my world. Time to elevate and do what you know damn well you can do.

After spending the weekend with THPers in Pittsburgh this past weekend and seeing my game travel fairly well to two courses I've never seen I came away more confident with how my preparations are panning out. Its no secret that other people see my game on a better light than I do. It's a product of years of negative thoughts, and other counter productive mental mistakes.
There were a couple times Saturday that my partner was out of a hole and I was basically carrying our team. It felt good to have the pressure on my game, the results weren't always as good as I wanted certainly, but the reps with added pressure will help.

After spending the weekend with THPers in Pittsburgh this past weekend and seeing my game travel fairly well to two courses I've never seen I came away more confident with how my preparations are panning out. Its no secret that other people see my game on a better light than I do. It's a product of years of negative thoughts, and other counter productive mental mistakes.
There were a couple times Saturday that my partner was out of a hole and I was basically carrying our team. It felt good to have the pressure on my game, the results weren't always as good as I wanted certainly, but the reps with added pressure will help.

Your hard work will pay off so it's almost time to quit pressuring your self and put this thing on auto pilot. Remember one thing if nothing else. You can practice your arse off but you will never be perfect however you can relax your arse off and have fun and soak in the experience.

Don't forget the pressure of making a 3-4 footer. I'm sure at the time you were not happy we made you putt, but you'll thank Emart and I later. :alien:

Don't forget the pressure of making a 3-4 footer. I'm sure at the time you were not happy we made you putt, but you'll thank Emart and I later. :alien:
Yup, it exposed an ugly side of my game, and you can bet it's top priority

Yup, it exposed an ugly side of my game, and you can bet it's top priority
I played a match this morning. My only 3 putt was on missing a 3 footer my opponent didn't give me. Certainly identified a danger in my game from the gimmies my normal group plays.

Tonight has been one of those night that I spent reflecting on the what. What my Legacy means to me. What I wanted it to look like. What I wanted to truly get out of these short months. How I wanted it to make a difference in me, and those that I've shared this journey with.
Pits no secret that I'm an emotional kind of guy, and I tend to wear me heart on my sleeve. It's who I am, and it's what I am. I'm not afraid of it, I'm not ashamed of it. It's me, and I'm learning to be pretty ok with it too. The following 30 days with whizz by I'm sure. So I wanted to say thanks to those that have read along, those that have given me advice, support, encouragement, and a kick in ass when needed. It's easy to say it means more than you know, so I will say this. To each and everyone of you. It may be my Legacy, but 1 is a lonely number, so this is "our legacy" with out you I'm just 1.

So this is my Legacy!

Dude it's been a blast following along. These last 30 days all you can do it fine tune the machine and be ready mentally. You've put in the work to be better & now it's time to enjoy it. Dial in that short game and mentally be ready to wreck fools.

In the short time I've known you, I've never met a more real and true individual. From that first handshake I knew you were good people and like I said then, I'll say now, I'll cut for you any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Thank you for letting us in and allowing us to follow your #Legacy journey.

Dude it's been a blast following along. These last 30 days all you can do it fine tune the machine and be ready mentally. You've put in the work to be better & now it's time to enjoy it. Dial in that short game and mentally be ready to wreck fools.

In the short time I've know you, I've never met a more real and true individual. From that first handshake I knew you were good people and like I said then, I'll say now, I'll cut for you any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Thank you for letting us in and allowing us to follow your #Legacy journey.
Thank you brother! We share a lot of similar qualities and traits....lead with your heart and good things happen. I'm sure more will follow in this thread.

The best leaders are those that lead by example. You are one of those guys Kevin. You have a simple power about you that is a great influence on Legacy teammates, and frankly many of us. Great person, great golfer, great dad, great husband. I'm going to enjoy watching you finish this #Legacy!

I will add this: For me an opportunity to take this journey/challenge to build a THP Legacy was not just about the physical game of golf. It was much more than that, it was trying to find a way to to be a better living life. I've had some things in my past that have brought an incredible amount of weight down on my shoulders, so things that I'm not terribly proud of, so things that I had to do for the good of this Nation, and then some things that I'm incredibly proud of. Seeking some professional assistance to help me through the layers of this onion I call life has been part of this for me. Hence why I call it a challenge earlier. It's never easy leaking a close look at your own stuff, but the work that I've done certainly is part of what will ultimately define my "THPLegacy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back