Putter Fitting Advice

jcook10

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello Experts of THP,

I was looking for some insight on a putter fitting. I was going to head to my local Club Champion for the SAMs lab fitting but was hoping for some advice here first. I believe i have a more straight down the line putting stroke rather than the slight open to close stroke. Does anyone believe a center shafted putter or a more face balanced putter would assist me in getting the ball to roll on its line? Or is this a technique/stroke/practice issue? Thanks for any input!

JC

Hello Experts of THP,

I was looking for some insight on a putter fitting. I was going to head to my local Club Champion for the SAMs lab fitting but was hoping for some advice here first. I believe i have a more straight down the line putting stroke rather than the slight open to close stroke. Does anyone believe a center shafted putter or a more face balanced putter would assist me in getting the ball to roll on its line? Or is this a technique/stroke/practice issue? Thanks for any input!

JC

This is where I would go in Dallas if I ever decided to do one. Heard good things about them in general. Would also google putter fittings in Chicago as well. There is also a Chicago area golfing thread where a few guys might have some options or ideas.

This is where I would go in Dallas if I ever decided to do one. Heard good things about them in general. Would also google putter fittings in Chicago as well. There is also a Chicago area golfing thread where a few guys might have some options or ideas.

I know my boy Andy at Mistwood could do it as well...not sure exactly where you are located.....

Their fitting system reads your stroke and suggests the style of putter that would work best. Go see my buddy Kyle Morris @ the Willowbrook Club Champion location.

Their fitting system reads your stroke and suggests the style of putter that would work best. Go see my buddy Kyle Morris @ the Willowbrook Club Champion location.

So the system they use suggests a putter based on your current stroke? thats what im looking for most. instead of tinkering too much with grip, stance, posture, etc.

If I had the opportunity to go to a recommended fitter I would take it. I am also a nominal SBST putter and I have found that for me, being face balanced is more important than having a center shaft. I was going to center shafted because most are face balanced. I am currently deciding between two FB putters - a center shafted SeeMore Giant M1t and a heel shafted Odyssey Works Versa 2-Ball Fang Tank Cruiser. Very different philosophies. Very similar results.

to op- if your handicap is similar to what is listed in your profile, i can't imagine your stroke is too far off so i don't think they will recommend any setup or stroke changes. they'll focus on what the s.a.m. readings are, and make a recommendation accordingly.

So the system they use suggests a putter based on your current stroke? thats what im looking for most. instead of tinkering too much with grip, stance, posture, etc.

Yep! It's pretty awesome. The system may even suggest +/- loft or +/- lie angle to help your stroke and strike point on the face.

Yep! It's pretty awesome. The system may even suggest +/- loft or +/- lie angle to help your stroke and strike point on the face.

Thanks a lot. Thats exactly what I think I need. Every stroke counts in the hunt to break 70. Its my great white buffalo.

Thanks a lot. Thats exactly what I think I need. Every stroke counts in the hunt to break 70. Its my great white buffalo.

No problem dude. Good Luck!

Back