Noise Cancelling Headphones

I got my QC25's in that replaced my damaged QC15's. So far I like the design a bit more and the smaller carrying case is awesome. Noise cancelling seems to be a touch better and the bass is stronger, which I assume is to keep Beats from poaching market share. Overall impressed and the white color scheme is pretty tight.

I found QC15s on Amazon for $123. I know they are the older model, but the price seems way to good to pass up. I should mention that the price does cause a red flag for me as anytime a price seems to be good to be true.. it usually is.

I found QC15s on Amazon for $123. I know they are the older model, but the price seems way to good to pass up. I should mention that the price does cause a red flag for me as anytime a price seems to be good to be true.. it usually is.

Might be a refurb model, but Amazon is a safe bet.

My Beats are still going strong, I normally travel weekly and don't know how I did it for 15 yrs before I got them...

I too have really enjoyed my QC25s. Best way to tune out my co-workers!

Bought a pair of Skullcandy Hesh (Had the Chicago Cubs logo and pinstripes, looked really cool) for like $20 the other day. I've owned better headphones, but I'm really shocked on how good these sounded... I'd suggest them if you're on a budget.

Bumping this one.

I have not read every post in here yet (just got through the first 7 pages so far).

I want a pair of over the ear Bluetooth headphones to use while mowing the lawn. They don't HAVE to be noise cancelling as long as they fit tight enough to block most of the loud mower noise without turning it up so loud that it is bad for the ears. I don't want to spend much as my plan is only to use them while mowing. Been looking on Amazon and it seems there are a lot in the 30 to 60 range.

I like the Monoprice ones JB posted early in the thread but they don't have them anymore and the earpieces on the ones they are selling now don't look all that good (too small).

I know by not spending a bunch of money I won't get anything like the Bose that GG couldn't get JB to hear her even by banging two metal dog bowls together, just looking for something I'll use an hour or two every week or two.

Last edited:
Got a headphone set a couple days ago that I hope work well enough for me to hear the music over the lawn mower. They cost $50 and I didn't want to spend too much because I'll be only using them when I mow, most likely.

https://smile.amazon.com/Active-Noi...srs=12575843011&ie=UTF8&qid=1473999825&sr=8-4
Actually, these were 40 bucks. But the day after I bought them they went to 60 bucks.

Used them for the first time today and they are perfect for what I wanted them for. As long as the sweat doesn't destroy the ear cups these will work perfect for me. Got rid of most of the lawn mower noise and wasn't too heavy on my head. I could tell they were there though.

Actually, these were 40 bucks. But the day after I bought them they went to 60 bucks.

Used them for the first time today and they are perfect for what I wanted them for. As long as the sweat doesn't destroy the ear cups these will work perfect for me. Got rid of most of the lawn mower noise and wasn't too heavy on my head. I could tell they were there though.
I think it's money well-spent as I used them again today when I mowed. Do get a bit of sweating around the ears with this though, as was expected.

They aren't bad when not mowing either.

Just picked up a new pair of he Bose QC35 and jman was right. Holy exceptional.

My QC15 suffered their demise in the #CrazyHilton fiasco of 2017.

The Bose are really sweet JB you will really love them on the plane

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I'm interested in the QC30 ear buds now. Would come in handy at the range not having a wire to worry about.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I made the same upgrade because a friend got me a pair of the QC35 for $200. Wireless is fantastic and then the noise cancelling is so much better.

Hopefully you get the Hilton Saga settled soon.

I'm interested in the QC30 ear buds now. Would come in handy at the range not having a wire to worry about.

I will have to check these out. My wife has jaybird x3's which work great, but are NOT noise cancelling. I like not having to turn up the volume to block people out.

Dang man. I hope Hilton paid for those. I love my QC15s, they're perfect for plane noise. I'm sure the upgraded version are even better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just pulled the trigger on the QC30's. Had some service award points through work so they didn't cost me a cent. Looking forward to getting them. I really like my QC20s so the wireless option will be great.

Just pulled the trigger on the QC30's. Had some service award points through work so they didn't cost me a cent. Looking forward to getting them. I really like my QC20s so the wireless option will be great.

How did the QC 30's work out for you? I have a pair of QC 20 but man, those wires.
Thinking of picking up either the QC 35 or QC 30. I like to wear them while I'm cutting the grass - Just shuts out all of the noise.

Anyone using the QC30 or 35 while at the practice range?

How did the QC 30's work out for you? I have a pair of QC 20 but man, those wires.
Thinking of picking up either the QC 35 or QC 30. I like to wear them while I'm cutting the grass - Just shuts out all of the noise.

I like the QC30's. I find the sound to be really similar to the QC20 pair that I have. My only problem is that they won't pair with my older iPod touch because of a Bluetooth incompatibility so I'm still working on a solution for that. I haven't had a chance to try them at the range since mother nature hates us here and we have been getting abnormally cold temps and snow here again this last week.

I have the qc35 but haven't worn them to the range. I have a pair of cheap wireless earbuds for that. But I will say that they are fantastic in terms of sound, and extremely comfortable. Could easily be used on the range. Battery life is outstanding too

In light of the latest news about Bose and their Bose Connect application collecting and selling your personal data and the lawsuit that has been opened against them I have subsequently uninstalled the Bose Connect application from my devices. While it may be handy to manage the device easier from my them it works just fine connected over bluetooth only without the app.

Around the ear Bose. Can't beat them.

Looking for some solid recommendations in this category for my upcoming birthday. (Wife needs ideas) not trying to spend $500 and it’s a toss up between Bluetooth and non Bluetooth as long as they play music. (Hopefully) lol

Airplanes usually have to use a cord....grrrr

Looking for some solid recommendations in this category for my upcoming birthday. (Wife needs ideas) not trying to spend $500 and it’s a toss up between Bluetooth and non Bluetooth as long as they play music. (Hopefully) lol

Airplanes usually have to use a cord....grrrr

I lean towards Bluetooth but the cost.....

Back