JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody have one? The outdoor variety that is. I have a Kamado grill and it does incredible pizzas, but I long for the complete outdoor kitchen with pizza oven. Hoping some THPers can educate.

• Admin
I have been dreaming of building my own for years, I would love to see some examples if anyone's got one.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Some of that stuff is really nice. Any experience with them?

We've sold one pizza oven and it was around $3500 canadian. Customer loves it. It is a good company to deal with for sure. We buy our patio stones and retaining wall blocks from them as well.

We have the Kettle Pizza attachment for a Weber grill up at the cabin. It does a great job getting up to temperature and cooks very quickly. It's definitely a good (relatively) low cost way to get started.

We'll be up there making fresh pizzas this Saturday or Sunday. I'll do my best to get some photos for the thread.

• Admin
We have the Kettle Pizza attachment for a Weber grill up at the cabin. It does a great job getting up to temperature and cooks very quickly. It's definitely a good (relatively) low cost way to get started.

We'll be up there making fresh pizzas this Saturday or Sunday. I'll do my best to get some photos for the thread.

We love doing them in the kamado. Works great.

No experience with them but, for me I would go Kamado as you and Sposey have raved about the pizzas cooked in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still need to get the implements to make it work on the kamado to try again. i'm not sold on the added smoke flavor, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like I need to get a pizza stone for my kamado. Sorry off topic, but do you use a smoking stone as well?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sounds like I need to get a pizza stone for my kamado. Sorry off topic, but do you use a smoking stone as well?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not for pizza, but for cooking, definitely. We have a solid manado thread too.

I wish this thread stared two days ago, I was at the NRA show and most of the people building really good pizza ovens where there. I ate pizza out of all of them! :D They are almost all selling ready built home pizza ovens, gas and live fire versions. Most build Gas start wood burning which would probably be a great option for most people.

Chicago Brick Oven, who builds some really fantastic ovens sells kits that makes things a little more inexpensive and customize-able to your landscape.

https://www.chicagobrickoven.com/

Mugnaini is a big name in the business, they had to build my buddies oven three times, he ended up ripping it out and going with someone else. I have no personal experience with them.

https://www.mugnaini.com/pizza-ovens/residential-pizza-ovens

Forno Bravo builds great stuff and has modular options that work well for residential. They do insane tile work if you like a Neapolitan look.

https://www.fornobravo.com/residential-pizza-ovens/

I don't have a pizza oven...yet. I will eventually. I am building a patio with a fire-pit to accommodate a Argentine grill first.

They are very common in Brazil as most folks with the area have a open BBQ and a small dome pizza oven. They are not too difficult to build and kits are available.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They are very common in Brazil as most folks with the area have a open BBQ and a small dome pizza oven. They are not too difficult to build and kits are available.

I talked to a guy recently who found a pizza place in Brazil that served honey seasoned with chilies in Brazil, are familiar with this? This guy started a business based on the Hot Honey concept and the honey he makes is really good.

No never heard of that, might be a regional thing and that is a big Country.

No never heard of that, might be a regional thing and that is a big Country.

Stupid American....:bulgy-eyes:

They do enjoy cooking with fire out doors in Brazil...

It is a family thing from what I experienced, the group comes over and they grill meat and eat it sliced right off the grill with real nice rolls.

Making Pizza in a small dome takes longer to heat it up then cook the Pizza. It took about 4-5 beers to get it heated up then maybe 3-4 minutes to cook the pizza nice and brown (the cheese) and bubbly on top. These folks made a thin crust and it was delicious, the most common was the Margarita Pizza and then some with cheese and onions or Sausage.

Much wine and beer is consumed and it is a all day Event. Just wonderful fun even if you don't understand much Portuguese..

No but I do have an outdoor fireplace that's certainly deep enough and has a shelf possibly suitable for cooking.

1.5 years here though, haven't even sparked it up yet. ?

Decided to start simple and ended up picking up one of these PizzaQue ovens. Actually works really well for what it is.

I'm really digging this thing called the RoccBox, but it's not really sold in the US. Small, simple. Gas or wood pellets. Great reviews.

Some of the smaller units get pretty solid reviews. The Pizzaria Pronto is interesting.

Went with the Blackstone because of it being able to get very hot (800* +)

74c2bb9532cc2d030e86981c83c8b9ee.jpg

Adding to my Amazon wish list. Hope my wife looks at it haha!

Back