Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
Know there was an older thread about skydiving but did not see anything. I went for the first time last Saturday and loved it. Since I saw the movie Drop Zone back in 1997 I have wanted to jump. Actually got to jump with Anderson Cooper who was there shooting a special for his CNN show. Already signed up to do it again. Anyone here actually certified?

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 3.46.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-20 at 3.43.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-20 at 3.45.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-20 at 3.46.52 PM.png

Know there was an older thread about skydiving but did not see anything. I went for the first time last Saturday and loved it. Since I saw the movie Drop Zone back in 1997 I have wanted to jump. Actually got to jump with Anderson Cooper who was there shooting a special for his CNN show. Already signed up to do it again. Anyone here actually certified?

View attachment 27835View attachment 27836View attachment 27837View attachment 27838

The pilot asks: Why would anyone want to jump out of a perfectly good plane?

The skydiver answers: There's no such thing as a perfectly good plane.

Looks so cool.Did tether strap 30 years ago. Hung from the wing strut to get in an arch position and then let go.
Was awesome. Keep doing more jumps. GoPro it for us.

I've jumped twice. First jump was actually a solo jump; I went through an 8 hour course to get a cert to be able to jump solo but with a static line from about 5k ft. Unfortunately I didn't have the time or money then to keep jumping and get a full cert.

Second jump was tandem from around 10k. I was the best man for my best friend's wedding, and taking him skydiving was the beginning of his bachelor party. We'll just say I got a pretty nasty phone call from his fiance'....worth it.

And btw, those planes were NOT perfectly good. Even the pilot was wearing a chute ready to jump. Couldn't get out fast enough.

I loved my one time jumping, one of the coolest experiences of my life. I knew the free dive would be cool but even after the chute deployed it was still very cool. I really wish I would have gone ahead and been certified.

Back