One of those days

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
I'm sure everyone is familiar with the "Best Shot of the Round" thread. But what about that round of golf that you can't really think of any shot you feel comfortable calling the best shot of your round? I had one of those rounds yesterday, and can say that there wasn't a single shot that I would classify as "best shot" Not that I had a horrible round, but it certainly wasn't a great round. I simply hit some average shots and had a less than average score. The main reason my scoring was bad is because I couldn't buy a putt yesterday.

So have you ever had a day when you can't recall a shot you would classify as best shot?

Last edited:
Well, even if all your shots were just "Meh.", the had to be one that was slightly less "Meh.", therefore the best.

Lots, unfortunately!!!

I was thinking about this the other day when I wanted to post in the "Best Shot" thread and nothing came to mind. It definitely happens.

Nah, there's always a 'best shot.' It's all relative. Even a 3 footer made can be a best shot. The other day, I hit 3 bunker shots that all made it out. 2 of them even made the green. That's pretty spectacular for me.

~Rock

I do have those rounds, but I try to at least find one shot where I can think to myself "that wasn't glamorous, but that was hit/played really well". A positive attitude can do wonders.

For me, 'one of those days' would probably be one where I can remember an incredible shot. Most of my shots are between bad to good. I generally don't hit enough amazing shots to to make them memorable .. :act-up:

Most of my days are one of those days. Last night we finished up on the 18th green, we all dropped a ball in the edge of the green for a little putting competition. My putt rolled 50 ft, broke 2ft right and dropped in the hole on the last rotation. The best shot of the day but not the best shot of the round.

Last edited:
I can always find a best shot but I know it was a rough day when I pick making a 25 foot putt or something as the best shot.

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the "Best Shot of the Round" thread. But what about that round of golf that you can't really think of any shot you feel comfortable calling the best shot of your round? I had one of those rounds yesterday, and can say that there wasn't a single shot that I would classify as "best shot" Not that I had a horrible round, but it certainly wasn't a great round. I simply hit some average shots and had a less than average score. The main reason my scoring was bad is because I couldn't buy a putt yesterday.

So have you ever had a day when you can't recall a shot you would classify as best shot?

I haven't been able to buy a putt in weeks, maybe months... my wife made two 40 footers in Hilton Head. I lipped out countless 10 footers, ok it was 19 in 4 rounds...

Back