Idiot tries to retrieve his golf ball from under a gator

And he lost his towel now also, what a bad day

Must have been a Prov1.

"here old my beer and watch this..."

A guy at our club did that. He was successful in restraining the gator, but he had nothing to gain and everything to lose. Idiot...

I have a buddy who would try this. He's killed a coyote with his bare hands, and tackled a deer off his skidoo. It would kinda be normal for him.

I'd guess that guy probably thinks he's 'cool' or proving to his friends he's a 'toughguy'...

I just think he's an obvious idiot, who probably doesn't have a lot to live for.

What he doesn't realize...

If that had turned out badly (it only did not bc the gator decided it wasn't hungry) his friends with either watch him die and have to live with that memory forever, or will have to risk their life (lives) to jump in and ave him bc he's so so insecure he thought he would impress his friends by moving a gator for a golf ball).

That was actually disturbing lol what an absolute fu**ing idiot. He's lucky he isn't dead. Good one tough guy

Wow. That guy is really lucky that Gator didn't take his arm or leg off

Why would you do that for a golf ball? SMH....just stupid.

So serious rules question here. If one's ball is in play but is resting near a dangerous animal such as an alligator, snake or snapping turtle, can one take a drop without penalty?

So serious rules question here. If one's ball is in play but is resting near a dangerous animal such as an alligator, snake or snapping turtle, can one take a drop without penalty?

Jones said the Rule Book doesn’t have a specific section to cover dangerous situations, but there is precedent.
“In the Decisions Book, there’s a famous decision — under Rule No. 1, it’s Decision 1-4/10 — that talks about dangerous situations and what the player is allowed to do,” Jones said. "Without getting closer to the hole, they can drop within a club length of the spot where it is not dangerous.”
The decision not only includes bees and rattlesnakes, but covers a wide variety of dangerous situations, like when your ball winds up on an alligator’s head, as happened here a few months ago.
On Friday, Garcia’s ball was in the rough near the green, so he was allowed to drop in a nearby section of rough no closer to the hole.

his last words "call the medic" - LOL

I have a deal with the 'gators. I leave them alone and they leave me alone, it has worked for almost 60 years. I have the same deal with bulls, I don't ride them or eat their man parts and they leave me alone. :surrender:

Dumb and lucky

I woul have left the ball its not worth the 5$ to lose an arm. #TakeYourArmOverTheBallAnyday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

love it when animals win!! hahhahahaha what a idiot!!!!!

I'd do it if it was a xxio ball haha

That's what a ball retriever is for. DUH!!!! Idiot.

I'm sure the true shame of this is that gator was either moved or killed as being dangerous.
This guy's thought process!
I'm 6 beers into this round, golf game sucks, but I can turn the day around.....I think I'll impress the **** out of these guys and ride this gator!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

You never would want to wish tragedy on anyone, but this guy was begging for it. Pretty foolish.

You never would want to wish tragedy on anyone, but this guy was begging for it. Pretty foolish.

But he had the gator's eyes covered with a towel, what could go wrong?

Back