What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
39/38 - 77.

Two 3 putts and two doubles kept me from a PB. 13/18 GIRs is a new record for me. I had a ton of birdie putts in the 20 foot range, just couldn't get anything to fall until the 16th where I drained a 40 footer. I was more in control of my game yesterday than I've ever been.. except for putting. First time on this track and had trouble reading greens and getting the speed right. I'd leave one a little short, then get aggressive on the next hole and blow it by. Really itching to get back out there after how I played yesterday.

o6YbIq1.png

77 with two doubles is a heck of a score. Well done.

#DisappearingPops

Played in one of our clubs "majors" this weekend, a 54-hole stroke play event with a cut after the first 36. Saturdays round of 78 left me in good shape, only 1 shot out of the top 8. I hit the ball really well, but had 3 three-putts and one hosel-rocket that led to a dissapointing double. Should have easily shot 74-75. Yesterday started off really promising, birdies on 2 and 3, but then ran off a string of 5 straight bogeys and a double to close the front with 41. Birdie 10 and 12, and then lost my game with back-to-back-to-back doubles on 14-16. Of course I birdie 18 just to add insult to injury and shoot 81. Missed the cut by 4 strokes. :banghead:

Yesterday I accidentally booked a prepaid golfnow tee time trying to get the 50% off deal to work, so my wife and I got out for a round. Made it through 13 before we got worried about lightning in the area. 40 on the front, and I was 2 over on the back after 4. I need to figure out my driver issues fast.

Shot 85 yesterday.. Argg .. Missed EVERY putt outside of 3 feet... Iron play and short game was below average too.. ( other than that I played pretty good.. lol)

52/46 for a 98 on a track I've never played, inconsistent green speeds and the first time I've played in a month so not too disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walked 9 yesterday before the heat became too much for me and shot 43. Weird day though, I felt like I was hitting the ball horribly but was surprised when I saw the score. Looking back, the reason I thought I played poorly was because I doubled both Par 5s, but scored well on every other hole, which is backwards for me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Walked 9 yesterday before the heat became too much for me and shot 43. Weird day though, I felt like I was hitting the ball horribly but was surprised when I saw the score. Looking back, the reason I thought I played poorly was because I doubled both Par 5s, but scored well on every other hole, which is backwards for me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Thats a great score! Keep it up man.

Shot a 78. I was 4 over after 14 holes, and then my score got in my head. Doubled 15 & 16, then back to back birdies on 17 & 18 for my best score in years. Pretty happy about finishing strong.

82 yesterday - worst round since the beginning of May. I hit it really well, but could not putt to save my life. I'm pretty sure I had 40 putts. The only good news was that my lone one putt of the day won me money in the deuce pot. Time to put in some short game practice.

83 yesterday with 3 pars, 4 bogeys, 5 birdies and 6 doubles. Its was feast or famine, although 3 of the 5 birdies were on par 5's and the other 2 were long putts (our greens were absolutely perfect yesterday).

So amped about how I played Sunday that I have to recount it for someone. I was playing in the semi-final round of my CC's best ball team match play tournament. I shot an 84, but the details are what made it so great.

My partner and I started off with two birdies on #1 to take the first hole. My partner took down the second hole with a birdie. We tied the third hole (thankfully my partner came in clutch again). I chipped in from 15ft for birdie on #4 to give us three birdies in four holes and a three hole lead. We lost #5, but pushed the remainder of the front. That included my partner hooking two OB on #8 leaving me solo against our competitors that both stroked that hole (my par putt to win the hole lipped out). We ended the front up two.

When we got to the back, both my playing partner and I hit a wall. I made a couple clutch putts on #10 and #11 for pushes, but by the 14th tee box they were back at all square.

I went on to win us the next two holes with back-to-back pars. Then my playing partner hit a chip on #16 to half a foot to secure a push and go dormie.

#17 is a short uphill par 3 that measures 130-135yd on the ground. It usually plays 5-10 up. I hit a soft 7i to about 25ft right of the hole. This left me a downhill 3 ft right to left breaker which I center cupped for the win!

So many good feels today....

Bought an Aeroburner Mini, put the driver away, and shot an 84.

Not too bad for my second round in a couple years!

40/39 and 41/35

Was a long ass day. Walked 12 miles.

Left a LOT of putts ​just short today with the 6M and V-Line.

44/47 for 91. Had trouble off the tee box most of the morning. Short game is really getting solid. Just need to work on my fairway game.

40/39 and 41/35

Was a long ass day. Walked 12 miles.

Left a LOT of putts ​just short today with the 6M and V-Line.

That HCP has to be trending down after this month

That HCP has to be trending down after this month

Yeah, big drop happened today. Honestly, I'm not too fond of it bc I don't feel like I'm that consistent. But, it is what it is. Need to really start travelling again.

Yeah, big drop happened today. Honestly, I'm not too fond of it bc I don't feel like I'm that consistent. But, it is what it is. Need to really start travelling again.

I hear you. In my last 15 rounds I have only played one course twice. I guess I just cant decide on a home course.

83 (42/41). Great ball striking day except for one triple and two doubles where my drive found the woods. Didn't make any putts of consequence. HOT and HUMID, but a good day.

83 (42/41). Great ball striking day except for one triple and two doubles where my drive found the woods. Didn't make any putts of consequence. HOT and HUMID, but a good day.

It was 97+ for my round today. Felt like I was in a microwave!

Shot 43-36 (79) on a relatively easy course. 3 birdies. Great time on the course

Scrambled to a 42/41 83 today. Started out great par par then missed a 2 footer for par that just completely messed my head. I couldn't really get the driver working today and my irons I was aiming wrong all round. The only thing I was hitting well and saved my round was the PM wedge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back