Magnolia National, Georgia (Saturday)
- http://youtu.be/Gwix4YjGeAc
Woodlands Golf Club: Australia - http://youtu.be/wmXzszOfTPU
Bethpage Black Official Pin B by NYJET81 - http://youtu.be/3yi6o38OmQE
TPC@Sahalee by DOGGZBOLLOX - http://youtu.be/nvbm5PQBc4E
The Brabazon at the Belfrey by TIMWILSONUK - http://youtu.be/JNbFP2OZmc0
Coeur De'Alene Resort by DOGGZBOLLOX - http://youtu.be/osI_O5GlFKI
PGA@Sahalee South Course by DOGGZBOLLOX - http://youtu.be/FxxVszo6Wvg

I just signed up on that TGC Tours site. Going to have to do Q-School tonight to see how far under the PGA tour I'll have to start.

I was looking for reviews of courses a few weeks back and found that TGC Tours website (kept meaning to post it in here too). I've tried these online tours with other games in the past, but this one seems particularly well run. I did Q-School in February (they intentionally pick really hard courses, so my score over 6 rounds was like +20), and am on the Web Tour, B Flight. Played my first tournament last week, and with the way they have tiered the tours, the scoring was very fair and competitive. I think I finished T-7. I've already posted my rounds for this week's tournament as well.

Anyway, it's a fun new way to play the game.

I jsut got my Champions Tour B card.... Did Q School sunday morning after not playing for a couple months...... Couple coures tortured me bad with heavy winds....... Will be fun! Seem like a tightly ran operation!

Hey, I'm Web-B myself, but my play in the two tourneys so far has been less than awesome. My first, that Shawnee (?) or whatever with the tiny, domed greens was ridiculous. Then I choked on like three shots in two round in this "Grey Matter" tourney and kept me down around par. Yeah, I quad'd one hole after being -4 thru 7 then I just lost willpower. Next week I guess.

Also, there are a bunch of new Augusta courses up. Some are fantastic but have a couple hokey things going on in them. You'll see. One is rated like 9.3.

Reviving this thread because it looks like SkyTrak may be going with TGC for simulation. ProTee already uses it I believe.

I have a course almost done, but I'm waiting for the Tropical Theme to tweak it and release it. Still nothing compared to the work some of these guys do, especially with contouring/elevation changes

I have a course almost done, but I'm waiting for the Tropical Theme to tweak it and release it. Still nothing compared to the work some of these guys do, especially with contouring/elevation changes
I'm trying to finish up a Boreal course (my 27th) and focusing on trying to come even close to the contouring some of these guys do. I accidentally played a random one the other day that had like 140 plays and it was just phenomenal. I can't remember the name now, but there must have been 1,000 pieces of that wooden surround used accent the lakes and stuff.

This should make a lot of people very happy

Jlukes7
All good golf courses are designed to account for the prevailing (normal direction) winds.

Would be nice if we had an option to select the direction of the prevailing wind when designing a course.

HB_KeithC
I have that on my list for Anthony to review.* The designer could set a prevailing wind direction and then the wind could fluctuate off of the prevailing.* This might help the designers build that info into their course design.

Played it earlier today. Pretty tricky with the elevation changes. The 100ft drop on the par 3 is a 3 club drop FWIW, not 4.

Birdied the first. Thought I was going to tear it up. +3. :(

New PS4 DLC is out. Brings a new season mode and different course environments.

here are some user created courses on xb1. Got this from HB's website, and I noticed Toad Hollar II is on there too;

Lowlander Links at Cally Park
Loon Lake state park Par 3
Devil's Whisper
Par 3 Tournament Course at Hunter Meadows
Field Stone Farm (Sunday and Thursday Pin) TGC rating - 4.5
Eagle Lake Resort - Sunday Pin and Thursday Pin TGC rating - 4.25
Stone Ridge C.C. - Sunday pin and Thursday pin TGC rating - 4.0
Cedar Lake Plantation TGC rating - 4.0 - My tastegw contest entry
Bent Tree TGC rating - 3.75
Cherokee Valley Executive - My par3 entry into the elz and canuck contest
Whispering Heights Country Club course
Berkshire County Down
The Par 3 World Championship at TGC Stadium
Middle Tennessee Golf Club - 18 Holes - Par 71 - 7194 Yards
The CTGC at Graber #33 (Sunday)
Saddle Ridge C.C. - Sunday pin also Thursday pin
Pebble Beach Golf Links
Baxter Pines CC
Sleepy Willow CC (Championship)
Sundance CC
Oasis CC
Spring Meadows CC
TPC at Sawgrass Stadium Course
Firestone CC South Course
El Primero CC
Hobble Creek Golf Course
The Reversible Course - Routings A & B
Links on Lake Pleasant
The Happiest Place
Meadow Lakes CC
Toad Hollar II
Birdies @ 15,000 ft.
Rolling Meadows
Stoney Brook Creek
The Snowy Summit GC
Eagle Hills National Golf Club
Harbour Point CC
Columbia Fall Classic
A Stones Throw
Woodland Valley Champions Course
Potomac Country Club
old moors gc
Boardmans bush resort
alpine chill by roboseal1
Swindlers Bluff (Thursday)
Swindlers Bluff (Friday)
Swindlers Bluff (Saturday)
Swindlers Bluff (Sunday)
The Sandie CC
Karsten Hills
Island 9-Hole at Palm Winds Resort
Crater Lakes 9-Hole at Chippewa Winds Resort
Savage Gulf Ocean Course
TGC Trail @ Adirondack National
The Par 3 Course @ Diablo Canyon
The Sidetrack @ TGC Meadows

I may pick up Rory eventually (because I am a sheep when it comes to golf games), but based on what the user community is cranking out in design, and how much the physics have improved on this game from launch, I find myself playing this game more than any other on PS4.

I'm definitely hooked on this one. Been playing on TGCTours for about 3-4 months now and really liking everything they've done. HB Studios finally put out an API for the game so TGCTours has implemented that on their site to show scorecards by round and round-by-round statistics. I find TGCTours to be a great resource for finding new courses to play. If I'm searching courses myself I'm likely to find 3-4 I like and will keep playing them. TGCTours usually gives me a nice course each week I haven't played yet. And playing the courses used by the other tours provides a different challenge all-together.

Reviving this thread because it looks like SkyTrak may be going with TGC for simulation. ProTee already uses it I believe.

Latest update on this from one of the testers: "As I said, I am testing Skytrak with E6, TGC and Perfect Golf. They are working great and we getting minor tweaks. TGC is ready to go. Skygolf is going through the final testing however I am not sure when it will be released."

I'm definitely hooked on this one. Been playing on TGCTours for about 3-4 months now and really liking everything they've done. HB Studios finally put out an API for the game so TGCTours has implemented that on their site to show scorecards by round and round-by-round statistics. I find TGCTours to be a great resource for finding new courses to play. If I'm searching courses myself I'm likely to find 3-4 I like and will keep playing them. TGCTours usually gives me a nice course each week I haven't played yet. And playing the courses used by the other tours provides a different challenge all-together.

I play on there too...currently on the CC-A tour. It really adds a cool element to the game.

Latest update on this from one of the testers: "As I said, I am testing Skytrak with E6, TGC and Perfect Golf. They are working great and we getting minor tweaks. TGC is ready to go. Skygolf is going through the final testing however I am not sure when it will be released."

I'll be on that boat when it sails! TGC and Skytrack! That's awesome, and a bit more affordable than the protee.

I'll be on that boat when it sails! TGC and Skytrack! That's awesome, and a bit more affordable than the protee.

I have no info on pricing but I'm worried it will cost as much to add simulation as it did for the unit itself.

I have no info on pricing but I'm worried it will cost as much to add simulation as it did for the unit itself.

From what I heard, that is the case.

Back