hitting thin after re-gripping?

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
I had my irons re-gripped and ever since (3 rounds now) Im hitting them a bit thin. I had the same grips except now new.

I am wondering if Im either gripping the cubs lower down the shaft or perhaps my old grips were allowing the club to slip a bit and now that is not happening anymore and since im not use t that, I am now thin.

I really don't know but has anyone had any negative scenarios after re-gripping?

same exact grips? didn't change wraps or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same exact grips? didn't change wraps or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same exact grips. Strange to put any blame there I suppose. But Im simply thinking (since my grips are of the tacky type) it may be possible I am not slipping a tiny but as I set up my grip at address. You know sort of like as though with my old grips I would be able to allow the shaft to move as I adjusted my hands just prior to the swing where as now im not releasing the cub as easily to make that same adjustment prior to the swing. Don't know if that makes sense the way I am trying to explain it. But hitting thin now for about 3 rounds in a row and even at the range ever since my re-gripping was done. Not devastatingly thin by any means but I am simply having many more thin misses than before. And so I am grasping for something.

Back