How come I haven't heard a word about anyone playing on Friday. Not that want to start trouble lol but can anybody play on Friday

Earliest I can get out is noon on that Friday, but more likely closer to 3 or 4.

Yea, I've been drinking.....drinking the sweet nectar of victory!

~Rock

You're drinking, alright, but it's that partially fermented Iowa corn mash. Haven't we talked about the fact you need to let the fermenting and distilling process finish before you open the tap?

Earliest I can get out is noon on that Friday, but more likely closer to 3 or 4.

You're drinking, alright, but it's that partially fermented Iowa corn mash. Haven't we talked about the fact you need to let the fermenting and distilling process finish before you open the tap?

I have gotten into brewing my own beer.

~Rock

This can only end badly. :alien:
For Team Illinois. After drinking McRock Albatross Ale. You guys will wake up the next morning realizing you LOST!

Tap Talking my way thru the World of golf!

I'll be needing some strokes as well!
Um what? Really? Are you going to only play with a putter?

For Team Illinois. After drinking McRock Albatross Ale. You guys will wake up the next morning realizing you LOST!

Highly doubtful. What is likely, though, is we'll see some suspicious pics on Twitter or Instagram, where one or more Iowa/ISU coaches are canoodling with a co-ed in the Boulders Inn lobby, along with a bunch of THPers. Seems to be something that happens to coaches in Iowa.

Highly Overpaid Football coach: "How old are you, honey? Wait, what? You have a granddaughter?"

Highly doubtful. What is likely, though, is we'll see some suspicious pics on Twitter or Instagram, where one or more Iowa/ISU coaches are canoodling with a co-ed in the Boulders Inn lobby, along with a bunch of THPers. Seems to be something that happens to coaches in Iowa.

Highly Overpaid Football coach: "How old are you, honey? Wait, what? You have a granddaughter?"
Well it is the Prince's THP bachelor party. No telling what will happen.

Um what? Really? Are you going to only play with a putter?

No, not playing with only a putter. It's just nice to get strokes once and awhile, haha.

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure I came in last or pretty close to last that first round at Arbor.

No, not playing with only a putter. It's just nice to get strokes once and awhile, haha.
Tell you what. For every stroke I give you, you give me 4 strokes.

I think Wedge is giving me at least 5 strokes.....

#IllinoisVictoryIsImminent
#MVPGetsNoFireball
#WedgeWins0DollaBills
#BulldogGetsAnAce

I think Wedge is giving me at least 5 strokes.....

#IllinoisVictoryIsImminent
#MVPGetsNoFireball
#WedgeWins0DollaBills
#BulldogGetsAnAce
You already had some McRock Albatross Ale? Only way you get strokes from me is by playing the tips using only a 9 iron.

I'll play the tips...But I'm using all my clubs....ESPECIALLY my 4 wood.

You already had some McRock Albatross Ale? Only way you get strokes from me is by playing the tips using only a 9 iron.

Probably one of the first times someone was excited to travel to Iowa...
I'm excited to travel to Iowa all the time....

To see paying customers!!!

Need to get your priorities straight. Excited to travel to Iowa for fellow THP and golf!

Sometimes that's not even enough to get me excited to travel to Iowa...haha.

I'll be needing some strokes as well!
Which Tony is going to show up? Round 1 at arbor or round 2? The 20 shot swing is tough to gauge.

Also, to any fool (read Derek) who thinks they will stand between me and fireball will get a lesson in why you never get between a mama bear and her cubs.

Which Tony is going to show up? Round 1 at arbor or round 2? The 20 shot swing is tough to gauge.

Also, to any fool (read Derek) who thinks they will stand between me and fireball will get a lesson in why you never get between a mama bear and her cubs.

That's why I need strokes just in case it's my Round 1 game.

"Will you be coming to Iowa, sir?"

"Yes, ma'am. But only if you... SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! Otherwise, we can just have a TC, and I can avoid crossing the state line."

...Speaking of competition, do we have any idea what the format is going to be?

I have a thought, here, especially after I think it worked so well for the Live Driver Testing in MSP last month. Icey, you know where I'm going with this, right? We'd probably have to tweak it if we going to keep trying for a state/region overall score, but it opens-up the competition a lot, even with some lower index guys and higher index guys.

I have a thought, here, especially after I think it worked so well for the Live Driver Testing in MSP last month. Icey, you know where I'm going with this, right? We'd probably have to tweak it if we going to keep trying for a state/region overall score, but it opens-up the competition a lot, even with some lower index guys and higher index guys.
What format was that?

~Rock

Vegas (with a twist/modification)
We used Vegas Par Buddy in NE, worked well, and it only ended up being a couple birides, so many holes were quite close.

We used Vegas Par Buddy in NE, worked well, and it only ended up being a couple birides, so many holes were quite close.

Sounds good, especially if it helps take care of strokes without having to track them every hole. Not sure how it would work for groups, and/or how to handle odd numbers of players or one team larger than another. Details. Details.

Back