Votes: 156 60.0%
  • Play Only One Brand

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • Play Only One Brand & Its Always Their Latest Releases

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Brand loyal? Me?
20140802_134204.jpg

...although I hit a lot of everything for fittings it always seems to come back to one brand for the most part.
Do yo think

Are you brand loyal?

Are you brand loyal?

I know i have a tendency of liking my stuff in the bag to be from the same manufacturer... Well I used to, but I still feel that draw. How brand loyal are you? Does it matter at all or do you just go for whatever feels good?

Just like all the other types of these threads, yes. For evidence, check my signature.

In the past I've been very brand loyal to mizuno, now though, they're First on my list. Even though I don't currently play any Mizuno clubs. Next year perhaps!

I'm not brand loyal to anyone. I'll game anything from one of the major companies.

I wouldn't game some of the smaller companies though. Adams, Tour Edge, etc. I don't know why... it just doesn't inspire confidence in me.

I am not brand loyal at all; in fact, I try to change brands on my irons everything I refresh them.

I keep buying into the hype and try other brands but I keep going back to Titleist. Their clubs just look and work better for me.

My golf loyalties started with exclusivity to company X and that relationship lasted 4-5 years. I starting researching new new clubs this Spring and confined it to products from 4 companies. My bag now has irons and wedges from company X. Company Y provided the driver, fairway, and hybrids. Strange part is company X is known for drivers. Oh well, I went with what felt best to hit and tried to keep branding influence to a minimum.

Very much so for putters with SeeMore. Not so much for the rest of the bag. Best performers win out.

Not very brand loyal at all. I play what works. Why stay with one brand just to be loyal if it doesn't work for your game?

Look at my signature lol.

For me it's just about getting a chance to get the equipment in my hands. That's the beauty of THP events. Because of the events here I've been given a chance to try equipment from companies I thought were dying, companies I thought were just average at best and companies I thought I wouldn't want any part of. And I was wrong with all three. I don't have a brand loyalty. I have opened eyes and now I really want some of the stuff I was able to get my hands on

Unless they are paying me to be loyal... why be loyal? The older I get the less I care about brands and the more I care about what feels right. I do like some consistency in the bag though, but I break it into chunks.

Driver
Fairways and hybrids that match
irons
wedges that match
putter

For me it makes it more efficient of I feel the need to change something, I don't feel the urge to change the whole bag.

I'm not loyal to a brand. I have 6 brands in the bag right now. What is important, to me, is how the clubs make me better. If I find a driver, or iron set that absolutely fits me, I will have a tendency to go with that brand for later purchases, simply because they have a good "history" of their clubs working for me.

Edit: for total transparency, I'm also loyal to whatever brand my pop-in-law will let me buy from him on the cheap.

Last edited:
I played the same set of Wilson clubs that my dad got me as a full set with bag for nearly a decade. It was a birthday gift from my father in my 20s. I recently decided that it was time to get something new since those clubs were worn out beyond belief. Ive always dreamed of owning a set of Callaway's and I couldn't be happier with my recent purchases. Will I remain brand loyal? Only time can tell. I too am of the mindset that Ill play what works. I love the Callaway brand and their products though and I have no doubt they have made a customer for life.

This is interesting for me, and i have to thank the website... Almost two years ago when i joined my bag was entirely filled with Titleist stuff. From the bag, right on down to the golf balls, all titleist. Why? I'm not sure. Today, my bag looks nothing like it, and i have to the thank the website for more of a 'try it and provide feedback' route instead of just dismissing it. Two years ago, i hated Nike, hated it. I now own Vapor Pro Combo irons and love them, because they were what i hit best. I'm seriously contemplating the Vapor Pro driver because once again i tried it, and the results were amazing. I guess i'm not brand loyal anymore, i've really focused on playing what helps me score better.

I must be T.O. loyal. I got into the R7s in the mid 2000s, and I really like the Fly-Z line Cobra is putting out now. If I didn't find a good deal on the Apex irons on CPO, I'd probably be gaming Fly-Z irons too. As it is a thp/verdant green driver will be in the bag if I don't get lucky in us open contest.

I good friend of mine is a Nike Pro and I am loyal to him as a friend. I figure I will buy the equipment at a great price, that I cannot get elsewhere. So with that I am 99% Nike. I have FootJoy Shoes along with my Nike Shoes. I also have a Titleist 915Fd 15 Degree Fairway, new to the bag and will be gaming that this weekend. I am severely close to buying the 915D3 9.5 Degree Driver, only hesitation I have is that I JUST bought my Vapor Driver.

I have Nike Pro Combo Forged Vapor Irons and I am in love with them, just wish I had gone with the CP2 Grips instead of Tour Wrap.

My Wedges are currently Nike, they are due for replacement and I just ordered custom Vokey's SM5's (to the dismay of my Pro who placed the order for me) today and even still the price he gets is ridiculous. It is almost a free club when it is all said and done. I cant wait for those to get here.

So my Comp will be (by July 1)

- Nike Vapor Driver
- Titleist 915Fd 15deg
- Nike Covert 2.0 5w 21deg
- Nike Vapor Pro Combo Customs with stamping
- Vokey SM5 52,56,60 Customs with stamping
- Nike Method Matter B2-01 (I absolutely love this putter by the way)
- Nike VRS Tour Staff Bag
- Most Shirts, Shorts, Shoes, Hats etc are Nike with a few Cutter and Buck, one Under Armor I received from work (SEC Network Logo). I also love Black Clover gear, I have 10 of the hats and two shirts. They are the exclusive belt provider for JBJGolf, Inc. (Which is not a real company).
- FootJoy DNA Shoes - Best Shoes I have worn.
- I am currently torn between the Nike RZN Black/Platinum and Titleist ProV1/Prov1x. I can't decide which I like better, I really think Nike may have found something this year with the RZN and Vapor Series. For a company only ten years into the equipment game they may have hit a stride.

I love this game and EVERYTHING about it... especially the shopping and trying new gear. I hope to be a THP tester one day... hint hint

No particular brand loyalty, just go with what looks and feels the best.

My last 3 drivers/fairways have all been Callaway, just like the looks the most. Tried TM as great reviews but horrible results.
Recently changed irons from Wilson, and after trying Callaway,Titleist, Mizuno I was handed TM RSi2 and hit them great and was shocked when I saw the brand after my woods experience, but performance is all that matters so they're in the bag.
Just ordered Cleveland 2.0 wedges as they performed great and felt lovely.
Putter is a 20 year old Ping Anser2, it works so no need to change.

Clothing is my pet here, generally look for anything that is in the sale rail I like, it bugs me to pay £50 for a polo shirt just because of the brand logo on it!!

I will play PING till the day I die.... And that's the stone cold TRUTH!

There is 5 or 6 brands that I stick with.

Jack

I would like to think I am brand-neutral, but the truth is that I can become fairly attached to specific brands. I can also develop a bias against specific brands. This can be based on personal experience, anecdotal feedback, or some kind of irrational bias. For example, I'm sure Nike makes great golf gear, but the Nike = a golf company thing just doesn't connect to me. I have never hit a Nike ball or club. I have a more traditional brand bias, I suppose. Titleist, Ping, Callaway, Cleveland, ... these brands are golf core to me, and I will look to them first. I will try to be more open, but that's just my honest and likely limiting bias.

I love this game and EVERYTHING about it... especially the shopping and trying new gear. I hope to be a THP tester one day... hint hint

Come on out to a THP Event and you can try out tons of stuff. Heck we just announced a number of new events that come with gear for review in the last week.

I would like to think I am brand-neutral, but the truth is that I can become fairly attached to specific brands. I can also develop a bias against specific brands. This can be based on personal experience, anecdotal feedback, or some kind of irrational bias. For example, I'm sure Nike makes great golf gear, but the Nike = a golf company thing just doesn't connect to me. I have never hit a Nike ball or club. I have a more traditional brand bias, I suppose. Titleist, Ping, Callaway, Cleveland, ... these brands are golf core to me, and I will look to them first. I will try to be more open, but that's just my honest and likely limiting bias.

The irony is that the guys that made the clubs to make brands like Titleist and Cleveland traditional are now making all of the clubs for other brands like Nike, Cobra, etc.
The Metal Woods person from Cleveland is now in charge of Nike R&D.
TO made everything for Titleist and TaylorMade and is now Cobra R&D
The ball and iron person from Callaway is now part of Cobra R&D
Ping's R&D team partially left and went to Parsons.

The list goes on.

Callaway gets first right of refusal to go into my bag. The reason is that the last several years they have been knocking it out of the park with their equipment. Also their customer service is second to none.

I don't always play their most current releases, I normally change clubs out on a scheduled rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on out to a THP Event and you can try out tons of stuff. Heck we just announced a number of new events that come with gear for review in the last week.

The irony is that the guys that made the clubs to make brands like Titleist and Cleveland traditional are now making all of the clubs for other brands like Nike, Cobra, etc.
The Metal Woods person from Cleveland is now in charge of Nike R&D.
TO made everything for Titleist and TaylorMade and is now Cobra R&D
The ball and iron person from Callaway is now part of Cobra R&D
Ping's R&D team partially left and went to Parsons.

The list goes on.

JB - how long does it usually take for someone to put their "mark" on a brand? To me, it seems like some of the design cues from Cleveland came over to Nike quicker than I've seen in the past with other brands, unless it's a coincidence. The Vapor Speed irons very much remind me of the 588 MT.

Back