JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I know most people use the one that comes on the phone and/or computer, but I am looking for assistance in others. Right now I am using BusyCal and have for a long time. It is high powered, works well and for my needs has been excellent. The problem I am running into is the last couple of updates, I don't care for, so I have been debating making a switch.

Anybody use any of the high powered apps like Fantastical or others and been happy with them?

I really like Fatastical. I think other apps have added it, but the natural language for adding entries is what got me hooked

• Admin
Are you using fantastical or the 2nd version. I know that one added a widget on ios

Are you using fantastical or the 2nd version. I know that one added a widget on ios

I have the newest version that gives you a full calendar n he desktop - the first version only gave you something in the menu bar. It was useful but having access to a "normal" calendar view without opening the standard app was useful.

Running the latest on iOS too though I don't find myself using widgets in general as often as I should.

Calendar Apps

Interesting because I was going to start a thread about looking for a calendar app that my wife and I could access from our iPads so we could have 1 master calendar to work from. Dry erase board on the "Frig" doesn't got out far enough.

I'll be interested in everyone's input.

Last edited:
We use Cozi for our family calendar. Lets you setup reminders etc and we both get an email every morning with that days calendar listing of things going on

Our family used to use the iCloud family calendar and then I switched to Fantastical for a while but ultimately we ended up on google calendar for our family sharing. I still have fantastical on my phone because their iOS widget is the best IMO and it links to our family calendar on google as well as my exchange calendar for work.

Google cal works well with Alexa too so we just ask her what's going on if we don't want to check our phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Interesting because I was going to start a thread about looking for a calendar spp that my wife and I could access from our iPads so we could have 1 master calendar to work from. Dry erase board on the "Frig" doesn't got out far enough.

I'll be interested in everyone's input.

GG uses Google Calendar, but Mikedean's suggestion below is popular too.

We use Cozi for our family calendar. Lets you setup reminders etc and we both get an email every morning with that days calendar listing of things going on

That one is very popular. Have you tried Google Calendar to compare?

• Admin
I have the newest version that gives you a full calendar n he desktop - the first version only gave you something in the menu bar. It was useful but having access to a "normal" calendar view without opening the standard app was useful.

Running the latest on iOS too though I don't find myself using widgets in general as often as I should.

Have you used BusyCal? Im curious the differences.

GG uses Google Calendar, but Mikedean's suggestion below is popular too.

That one is very popular. Have you tried Google Calendar to compare?
I cant recall if I've used google before or not

I'm definitely a big fan of Google Calendar. I have multiple calendars set up for the various school bands/performing groups that fall under the music association's umbrella, and I share them as public non-editable so parents can subscribe and have the entire rehearsal/show/competition/travel schedule right from their phones in a matter of seconds. Plus the integration with Google Maps is sweet so they can click on an event and automatically have the GPS on their phone set to the event location.

Obviously this is a bit of a different scenario, but the more I play around with it, the more I'm finding and liking with it.

Good suggestions here. I'll have to try some. About 15 years ago, I had Ecco Pro and loved it. It went away and I've never found anything that I like as well

Google just added a family feature to make it easier to share across accounts

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back