Dog washing at home for large dogs

FernDog

Reaction score
Handicap
We have 2 dogs; one of them is a golden retriever, Stella. We have a walk in shower and 3 tubs at the house. When we try to wash her at home it's a severe pain because she will jump out of the tubs and our shower head in the walk in doesn't give enough water coverage. With two back surgeries I can no longer wrestle with her during this process Can anyone recommend a good shower wand or something like this that you use? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 2 dogs; one of them is a golden retriever, Stella. We have a walk in shower and 3 tubs at the house. When we try to wash her at home it's a severe pain because she will jump out of the tubs and our shower head in the walk in doesn't give enough water coverage. With two back surgeries I can no longer wrestle with her during this process Can anyone recommend a good shower wand or something like this that you use? Thanks

Bentley's Dog Wash Independence and SpringCreek

Used them many of times.

Last edited:
We just used your average detachable shower head for our dog. Made showering easier for us and made bathing the dog easier too.

Don't know if there's one near you but the petco near my house has a self dog washing station for $8. It's nice cause it's a raised tub, easy access to hose and dryer and they do they clean up

Just saw the video. Great idea: thanks!

Don't know if there's one near you but the petco near my house has a self dog washing station for $8. It's nice cause it's a raised tub, easy access to hose and dryer and they do they clean up

I'll see if they have a wash station at the one near me. Thanks!

We have something similar. It's called U-Wash-Puppy. Rates are based on size though, I think large dogs are 15 or 17 bucks.

I would be good with a 40-50 wand at home for the shower. The dryer part at these places sounds worth the cost though

We have something similar. It's called U-Wash-Puppy. Rates are based on size though, I think large dogs are 15 or 17 bucks.

Dang that would suck for me...my dog is 75 lbs!

Dang that would suck for me...my dog is 75 lbs!

Two of ours are over that (80 and 110). The new one is about 45 pounds. She's tiny.

Back