I enjoy chrome on irons, but angles are everything, because there is nothing like trying to look down at your iron and being blinded in those few instances where the angles are just right. LOL

I love chrome too, I just bought an old but mint set of hogans and man the chrome just fits my eyes

I've always preferred chrome. I guess it's because it is a more classic look.

Have always liked chrome for my irons all along.
Briefly went to black wedges but now back to chrome.

The finish doesn't bother me at all - I prefer it.

Signs my golf game is in the dumps and I'm back at work this morning...

I assumed this was going to be a thread about the browser. :D

I think I'm more a fan of a raw / matte finish from a practical standpoint. Chrome definitely looks nice just sitting in the bag though.

I'm partial to the nickel chrome finish in my Forged Tec irons. Haven't had a single issue with glare yet.

Play satin, but I must say, chrome looks extremely appealing.

I love chrome but need some iron headcovers. Any bag chatter and wear (aside from the face) drives me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love the way chrome looks, but I don't like playing them, I get way too much glare when playing in the sun.

For me I think it depends on the profile and club. I love chrome on players iron or blades and I don't think there's a better looking golf club made. I think chrome can look a little cheap on the wrong clubs. I love black wedges way more than satin or chrome, I know it's kind of weird, but it's golf brain...

Chrome is for sure my least favorite finish. It's not that I wont game them, but I prefer other finishes more.

I like chrome but without steps, hate that look.

It might be my least favorite look when playing, although they look damn pretty on the shelves.

They look pretty, but I hate the glare and prefer other options

They look pretty, but I hate the glare and prefer other options

for some reason I associate chrome as the less premium finish on irons. Not to say the irons are lesser quality, but look at Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal are chrome, next up in the 900 forged with a more brushed finish. Callaway XR irons chrome vs the Apex finish.

for some reason I associate chrome as the less premium finish on irons. Not to say the irons are lesser quality, but look at Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal are chrome, next up in the 900 forged with a more brushed finish. Callaway XR irons chrome vs the Apex finish.

I think the SLDR irons at the LITA even about blinded me.

That's an interesting point. And actually, I much prefer the look of a chromed forged iron to some of the 17-4 stainless options out there. I feel like the chatter ages better than the scuffs and scratches the finish that's on the XR, for example. And the chrome they put on the back of the PING G looks TERRIBLE after a few rounds in the bag (then once it's scuffed up it looks fine).

I think the SLDR irons at the LITA even about blinded me.

they were bright! It was just about the only thing I didn't like about them.

Nope. I still prefer chrome. Not sure why. Maybe I just like shiny things. Maybe it's why I'm drawn to clubs like new TM 700 series irons.

~Rock

I prefer the raw more nickel look like older Ping irons had. you can find a set of G2's on the rack that still look the same as they did many years ago.
2nd choice would be black PVD.

Chrome just looks too beat up after a couple swings.

I like the look of chrome but like others that have mentioned the glare from the sun it what gets you. My 58* TM Milled grind wedge is a perfect example which is why it's probably on it's way out. Matte chrome would be fine.

Has nothing to do with glare, but I just prefer satin.

I have played two different sets of chrome irons along with a matte set over the last 6 years. I have never had any issue with the glare off of the chrome. I am starting to think I am just way less sensitive to these things than most golfers. I have literally never noticed any glare...

Love the look of Chrome. After 3+ years of a Satin finish I am loving playing chrome finished irons again.

You cant go wrong with chrome but it seems like matte and gunmetal finishes are more popular right now.

Back