Do You Test Gloves

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking about something today in regards to a consumable like a golf glove.

So we buy based strictly on price? Strictly on brand? Or are you trial and test to find the best fit and durability?

I buy on price. If I don't like it, it's cheap enough to go buy a new one and relegate that one to a rainy day backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price and trial for me usually.

I buy based on feel and durability. I was fortunate enough to buy 10 packs of the callaway gloves that costco sold a couple years ago. Soft, gripy, and lasts a bit.

Price and trial for me usually.

This is what I do as well.

The Puma glove we got last year at ambition was fantastic, but hard to find.

Right now my go to is the Sciflex. Like the fit and durability.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

While I don't play with a glove the last 2 I bought were based off the Hirzl review on here. Both those gloves lasted well over a season and by comparison cost a lot but they were well worth the money.

Price and feel for me.

This Is something that rarely changes for me. I have found two types of gloves that I like and are reasonably priced and I stick with them.

Since we burn though a lot of gloves in the hot, humid summer I have come to prefer all leather gloves and the ones given to us so generously from Callaway are really nice. Somehow I had never tried that particular one and will be gaming it moving forward.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I will buy on price but only when after also referencing some reviews.

Not attached to brand at all as just today I took a flyer on a 3-pack of Finger Ten 2017 gloves on Amazon for $25.

Never heard of them so, we'll see... ☺

Used to be price for me, but trial has indicated that I prefer to use weather gloves year round.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

I buy based on fit. It's one of the few items I go to the store to get

I usually buy multipack gloves, I can get a two pack of Callaway gloves at Walmart for $14.

I wouldn't say test. I look for durability and price point. So far I've been happy with Wilson's brand of golf club and only costs me $5 each.

Good question. Decision used to be based on price (80%) and look (20%). Feel and durability are becoming more important. Current decision factors are spread evenly across feel, durability, price and look.

I've been a FJ guy for a long time and use Titleist gloves as well predominantly. I will test some globes lit here and there to see if they feel better or their durability. I've come to like the UA gloves so this are in the rotation now

I buy on Padding. Have surgery on both hands, I'm looking for a glove that can take some shock. Really leaves me with one brand for now. I'll pay up for better leather.

I buy based on trial and use. I've used FJ, Titleist, WS, UA, and callaway in the last few months. There are clear losers from testing, and very few winners.

I buy gloves based on feel. I've tried on a couple dozen different gloves and always end up purchasing the same one.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I use to buy based on cost, however a few months ago I lost my glove out of my pocket during a round.
Haven't bothered replacing it, and really haven't found there to be much difference.

I've done the trials. Now I just stick to what I know fits well and feels good. Callaway dawn patrol and Bridgestone tour premium, both great price and great fit and feel. Now thanks to the gauntlet I can add Callaway tour authentic as well to the list

Feel first then price. Then availability long term. Before the PGA SS Clearance I was strictly a Callaway dawn patrol guy. Then after I'm now a UA strikeskin guy

Have been using the same Foot Joy WeatherSof gloves for as long as I can remember. Honestly do not even look at other gloves. They offer a solid value and good durability.

First, best fit is my priority. Second, I do not like the feel of synthetic gloves so when I find a decent price on a full leather/leather palm glove, I will buy a few and wait for the next deal to come along. thus I don't have any brand loyalty.

In the past, I've asked for feedback from the guys I know at Edwin Watts before I've made a purchase. Once that was done, I've been buying the same since.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Back