Best Stand Bag for Cart riding

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a TourTrek bag I'm looking to replace due to a rip in the ball pocket. I just bought it last year but I guess that's what you get when you buy cheap. I go to the range 2-3 time per week and like the stand part but when I go to course I ride in a cart. I could keep my stand bag for the range and buy a nice cart bag for the course but moving clubs between bags seems like a real pain. I'm hoping I can find one that is the best of both worlds.

Thoughts and suggestions?

I have a TourTrek bag I'm looking to replace due to a rip in the ball pocket. I just bought it last year but I guess that's what you get when you buy cheap. I go to the range 2-3 time per week and like the stand part but when I go to course I ride in a cart. I could keep my stand bag for the range and buy a nice cart bag for the course but moving clubs between bags seems like a real pain. I'm hoping I can find one that is the best of both worlds.

Thoughts and suggestions?

SunMountain hybrid bag
Nike Perfomance hybrid bag

I know of those 2 that are almost a cart bag bag do have the stand if needed.

Sun mountain hybrid or four5

SunMountain hybrid bag
Nike Perfomance hybrid bag

I know of those 2 that are almost a cart bag bag do have the stand if needed.

Thanks for the input. I had been looking at the Nike bag. It seems like it has pretty positive reviews. I think I'll have to give that a second look.

2014 Taylormade purelite. Square shape bag that has cart compatible base.

Another vote for the sun mountain hybrid. I think they discontinued it but can still be found online for a good price or look at the four 5 which is very similar.

I've always wondered...when people put the stand bag on a cart, do they move their clubs around?
IE: As a stand bag, woods on top, where the ball pocket is. When I put in on the cart, ball pocket out, my drivers would be closest to me, which seems odd to me...
I'm lazy, so I've been using the passenger side spot, and put it in with the ball pocket pointed perpendicular to the wheels...

Ogio grom xx. Great bag.

It took me awhile to realize that tightening the strap that holds it in the cart too tight will result in bent stand legs and make it almost worthless on uneven ground. Next bag I buy will never get buckled in that tight and hopefully the stand feature will work longer.

Wilson nexus has a solid platform for buggy!!

The Sun Mountain four5 has been awesome for me. The cart strap channel makes the bag slide around less when riding and the stand is convenient for the range, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ogio Recoil gets my vote. 14 way top, cart friendly bottom, cart strap tunnel and my favorite part is a rubber strap between the legs that hooks around the basket in the cart to hold it really tight.

Clic Gear B3, best bag I've ever had.

I have the Hybrid from Sun Mountain. it works good but I am looking at getting a C130

The 14 way divider just isn't for me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Agree w this reason to change bags.

I would try the Ping Hoofer 14 if you like the dividers. I have no issues with the Wilson Staff neXus stand bag, as long as you put it on the cart "sideways".

I use the Sun mountain Hybrid and it's great on the cart but really sucks walking with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Mountain hybrid is the best of both worlds IMO. Perfect for the range, big enough to sit and not move strapped into the cart. It's too heavy to walk with, but on a push cart it works.

Sun Mountain hybrid is the best of both worlds IMO. Perfect for the range, big enough to sit and not move strapped into the cart. It's too heavy to walk with, but on a push cart it works.
#nailedit

I've found this to be the best bag out there if you ride, hit up the range, or want to walk a round with a push cart. I'm not a fan of a 14 way top, but this one is done really well (the two larger slots at the top of the bag come in very useful).

I've had this bag for quite some time. Really have enjoyed it. Had it on a cart for the first time a few weeks ago. Worked great.

If you decide to go the hybrid route let me know. Id be willing to part with mine that's barely been used.

I've been looking for a replacement for my C-130 because it is way to damn big. Its a tight fit with that and my friends nike sport cart bag. I'm looking towards Ogio just for the sheer fact of crazy color combinations.

I've done a lot of riding with my Ogio Ozone. I'm *really* liking that bag. The Woode top is great, and it transitions well from carry to cart without having to re-organize. It also does well on my Clicgear if you get it strapped down tight enough. It has a cart strap channel which I think makes all the difference.

Back