Defeated Nemisis Hole this Weekend

glenncal1

Reaction score
Handicap
20 before
It isn't that hard of a hole. Par 3 generally plays about 150 from the tees I use. You have to carry the ball about 135 over a small lake but there is plenty of green and area around the green to play the shot (definitely no #17 at TPC). The past 4-5 times I have played this hole the results have been disasters, balls in the water, huge pulls out of bounds, on to the cart path and off in the distance etc. This hole was in my head, Sunday a nice easy 7 iron (into the wind) a little past pin high 20' or so and a two putt. That'll show the hole gremlin :banana:

Congrats. Such a great feeling.

Yeah that's awesome. I am still trying to defeat my nemesis hole. It sounds very similar to yours. Par 3 about 140 with 130 carry over a deep bunker with trouble everywhere and OB long. Seems to always be between clubs for me and I have taken enough doubles on it to last a lifetime.

It's #17 too so it looms all day!

congrats, we all have a few holes like that that eat our lunches, it feels great to do weel on them.

Congrats! It's one of the best feelings, isn't it?

Congrats! I have a hole like this at my home course. First 10 times I played there I had trouble getting the distance right. It is surrounded by trees and when the ball gets up in the air it can do funny things. The day I conquered it, I decided to take an extra club that I thought I needed and took an easy swing. Landed the ball about 8 ft past the hole, right over the top of the pin, and spun it back off the flag stick. Nice and easy birdie putt from there, which I nearly hammered over the hole.

Good for you, nothing like slaying the dragon that gets the best of you on a course

very well done! there's a short par 4 at a course that i play frequently. bunkers everywhere down the left, water about 30 yards right of the fairway. it should be an easy 3w or 4h layup, then a full wedge or 9i into the green. the last few times i've played it have been massive block fades into the drink. it's inexplicable.

I have the same type of hole that's my nemesis. Short 3 water/oob

Lol. My demon right now is the easiest hole at my course. 255 downhill par 4 with a lake right behind the green. Lately I'm pushing it right on the tee or pull hooking. I even put one over the green into the lake. The right center fairway feeds to the front of the green like a funnel. It's so in my head.

I have a hole like this at my course, short/driveable par 4 and I just can't play it considerably well, grrrrr...........

Congrats man! Have a hole that is similar at a course I play quite frequently.

Congrats!

Defeated mine 2 weeks ago. This hole has ruined many good rounds mostly mentally after screwing up the hole.
Last time I played the course I didn't care what I shot all I knew was I was paring that hole.

Its a a par four where you need to hit a 220 ish yard layup. That leaves about 150 ish over a deep gully up to the green that is on the side of the hill.
I hit hybrid, 7 iron to pin high side of the green, chipped to 8' and made the putt for par. If my truck was park where the cart was I would have gotten in a drove home. My beast was tamed and I was ready to go.

Congrats on the conquest!

Congrats, always nice to beat a hole

Congrats, I have a few holes like that. No matter how well I am playing before a big number appears. Cheers to many more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogeyed my nemesis agin today. Drive wide right.......

Nice - it seems I have one Nemesis on every course I play. It's good to tame the beast!

I remember doing that. Number 7 at Southern Gayles. 90 degree dogleg right with thick trees on both sides. Hit 5w off the tee then 5w again in for a 2 put par. That one hole caused me to make my high school golf team.

I did a little dance on the green after defeating my nemesis hole. 18th hole - par 5. It has a forced carry over water. I dunked my second shot. Put my fourth on the green 5 feet from the hole and putted out for a par.

My nemesis hole is probably the easiest hole on the course, a par 4, about 290 yards long. You have a a 25 yard wide fairway to aim for from the tee with an iron, with trees to the left and bunkers to the right. For some reason I keep hitting it left in to the trees, no matter how much to the right I line it up. Made par for the first time in about 35 attempts last week.

Back