Any Recommendations for New Driver Grip?

Papatortuga

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone, wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good grip for my driver? I'm new to golf and have been using my little brother's old clubs. I was able to regrip the irons and my 3 wood with golf prides and I am very happy with them. Should I go Golf Pride for driver too or is there something better? Thanks!

You don't say which Golf Prides but the Superstroke S Tech are really nice grips and get a lot of love here. If I fall out of love with the Lamkin Z5 - another grip worth considering - I will try the S Techs because I tried them on a club and liked them. I would look for threads here on both grips. You will learn more there about which are rougher surface (corded), which seem to do well in wet conditions, which wear well, etc. Those threads should answer a lot of questions and may create a few more.

Welcome to THP and golf!

I'm a Golf Pride fan all the way. The CP2 line is awesome!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Golf Pride Tour Velvet or SuperStroke S-Techs are straight forward grips that should last awhile. Both are pretty cheap as well.

im not sure which ones I have honestly. I know I went with corded for my irons and a rubber one for my 3 wood. I love them all, but man I started hitting that 3 wood good after I regripped it. My instructor was surprised my driver hasn't come flying out of my hands the grip is so bad (about 9 yrs old I think, not heavy usage though). Thanks for the recs guys I really appreciate it!

I believe that all clubs, excluding the putter, should have the same grip. Consistency is very important.

Back