KBS Tour or Project X?

dchun29

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm currently gaming KBS Tour S 120g steel shafts on my Taylormade Tour Preferred MC irons. I feel that on my longer irons, I have a higher trajectory than I would like. Everything I've read so far on the Project X's has said that they are lower trajectory with a more piercing ball flight. I wanted to see if anyone had any experience playing the Project X 6.0's and see what they thought. I usually hit about 170yards with my 7iron currently and I would like to keep that if I were to upgrade/switch to the PX's.

Feel is VERY different between those two. I'd find a fitting cart somewhere and try both before jumping in.

When you say the flight is higher than you'd like, what problems are you running into?

I have the PX6.0's in my irons and the feel was real rough until i put sensicore inserts in them. They were the perfect fit for me numbers wise but didnt come close to the feel i was wanting in an iron shaft. Its worlds better now with the inserts in them.

In terms of trajectory, the PX 6.0's IMO have a pretty high trajectory. At least for me. Higher than the KBS Tour shafts i had in my previous irons. I didnt lose distance at all though

I have the PX6.0's in my irons and the feel was real rough until i put sensicore inserts in them. They were the perfect fit for me numbers wise but didnt come close to the feel i was wanting in an iron shaft. Its worlds better now with the inserts in them.

In terms of trajectory, the PX 6.0's IMO have a pretty high trajectory. At least for me. Higher than the KBS Tour shafts i had in my previous irons. I didnt lose distance at all though

when I had PX I needed those inserts too because they destroyed my wrist, forearm, and elbow. It certainly helped in that respect.

For me though, KBS Tour is what feels better and performs perfectly fine. If I had to go back to steel, that would be my direction.

when I had PX I needed those inserts too because they destroyed my wrist, forearm, and elbow. It certainly helped in that respect.

For me though, KBS Tour is what feels better and performs perfectly fine. If I had to go back to steel, that would be my direction.

Ya after some sim rounds with the PX before the inserts it was tough for me to even lift a pen with my left hand. But since i put the inserts in they have felt fantastic and ive had zero elbow pain

I'm not a fan of the PX iron shafts personally as they feel too stiff for me. As other said go for a proper fitting. I did that for a similar reason as I felt my irons were ballooning on me and I was losing some distance. The fitting took me from the KBS Tour X 130 shafts to the KBS C-Taper 130 shafts and I'm loving them. For me they launch a little lower but still get up high and I'm getting about a half club longer in distance. Without a proper fitting though I wouldn't know.

Ya after some sim rounds with the PX before the inserts it was tough for me to even lift a pen with my left hand. But since i put the inserts in they have felt fantastic and ive had zero elbow pain

I have the same cf16 px 6.0 combo and haven't noticed any pain from hitting them. The total combo feels less harsh than the TM TP CB and kbs tour combo I came from but I figure the head has a lot to do with that.

Combo gives a higher flight with less spin but I haven't compared the shafts in the same heads, only different sets.

If you want to lower the ball flight but still would prefer better feel then I would look into KBS C-Taper or Tour-V versus regular KBS Tour.

PX shafts are pretty harsh, they do what they are designed for but the feel leaves you wanting.

Back