Official THP Event Pondering Thread

I just want to make it one official THP event this year. It's not looking great, but I can dream.

Multiple airports are available for that one if one is willing to make a minor drive (which they most likely will anyway. Seeing some great fares from FL with arrival Thursday.

SW does LA and Santa Ana. About $450 round trip from Nashville right now. It's not terrible for sure but it adds up quickly adding a car and hotel. I'm going to check flights from ATL as well.

Sucks not being very near a major hub. #livinginthesticks

SW does LA and Santa Ana. About $450 round trip from Nashville right now. It's not terrible for sure but it adds up quickly adding a car and hotel. I'm going to check flights from ATL as well.

Sucks not being very near a major hub. #livinginthesticks

Gotcha. Didnt know you were stuck with a single airline, that does make a difference too.

I just want to make it one official THP event this year. It's not looking great, but I can dream.

Take advantage now JJ!! It only gets harder when more kiddos suddenly appear out of nowhere! Do it NOW!!!!

With that being said, me along with my 3 kiddos, ponder just about every single THP event that is posted up.

I ponder every single THP event. How can you not? Not only are the events incredible, but THPers really put it over the top. I wish with every bit of me that I could try and make the Cleveland/Srixon event, but a trip out west is completely out of the question unfortunately.

Going to throw all my marbles at #TheGauntlet, the Wilson event, and of course #TheGrandaddy. I just hope I have enough marbles for at least one of those.

I ponder every single THP event. How can you not? Not only are the events incredible, but THPers really put it over the top. I wish with every bit of me that I could try and make the Cleveland/Srixon event, but a trip out west is completely out of the question unfortunately.

Going to throw all my marbles at #TheGauntlet, the Wilson event, and of course #TheGrandaddy. I just hope I have enough marbles for at least one of those.

Just a heads up that I say to everybody, you would be surprised how much flights cost. For many people, flying out west is as cheap or cheaper than east coast cities if booked at the right time. My flight to San Diego costs less than my flight to Pittsburgh.

Just a heads up that I say to everybody, you would be surprised how much flights cost. For many people, flying out west is as cheap or cheaper than east coast cities if booked at the right time. My flight to San Diego costs less than my flight to Pittsburgh.

Yea, it's the flights in general unfortunately. I can drive to Chicago no problem. And also have housing covered there with my sister living out there. No flight and no hotel is a HUGE financial swing for both #TheGauntlet and Wilson. Makes it easy with basically just event costs.

I ponder each and every event that is announced, but know that at this moment in time it is not going to happen - but on the flip side, by the time I am in a position to be able to consider making it over there for an event, THP and whoever else is involved will have ramped up the wow factor, so that is something to keep me ticking over until that day comes when I thrown my name in the hat

Obviously, this doesn't include TheGrandaddy as that is always on my mind and quite possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity

the new up and down event looks great, the Wilson event will be awesome, but my budget will not allow for another event this year for me. you can bet though that I will do All I can to get into the #Granddady.

Wilson, Gauntlet, Grandaddy, now the Cleveland one. Hmmm, what can I sell to support my habit?

#TheGauntlet
#TheGrandaddy

Wilson, Gauntlet, Grandaddy, now the Cleveland one. Hmmm, what can I sell to support my habit?

First born....? Second born.....? Heck, all the kids and the wife...?

Take advantage now JJ!! It only gets harder when more kiddos suddenly appear out of nowhere! Do it NOW!!!!

With that being said, me along with my 3 kiddos, ponder just about every single THP event that is posted up.

Ha, no more kids for now. It's hard right now to convince the wife for me take time away from the family right now for golf as I'm gone for 12 hours a day with work.

Anyway, every single event this year is absolutely astounding and I would be beyond happy to get to participate in any one of them.

Ha, no more kids for now. It's hard right now to convince the wife for me take time away from the family right now for golf as I'm gone for 12 hours a day with work.

Anyway, every single event this year is absolutely astounding and I would be beyond happy to get to participate in any one of them.

I know....I was just trying to get you in trouble. #Patna

Going into this year I wanted to be a part of a few events that were outside of my "comfort zone" of Ohio and neighboring states. I'll admit, and hopefully she doesn't read it lol, but spousal support was something I anticipated being an issue. Something about the "hey honey I'm gonna take our family vacation money and spend it on a golf trip for myself so I can travel to play golf with Internet friends" that I didn't think she would be all about. But after she saw the treatment we received at #PersonalDistance and how much it meant to me that started to change. I came into this year with my eyes set on LIITA, Pittsburgh and Legacy. I got lucky enough to get into two of those plus Kentucky and Cure and so far my THP event year has been packed. After we got into liita I said to my wife that there is no way I can do multiple long trips this year and guess what she changed my mind and we are now going to Disney this September. So for me to say events are completely out of the picture is wrong but I just can't see adding any more events to my plate. Which sucks because the Gauntlet is something I really want. Obviously the granddaddy is a must and should be for everyone but the only one that's a maybe for me right now is gauntlet

The outings were the best. Yorkem yelling 'Kong you suck' at dome random black guy putting at 7am. And him responding, how did you know I suck.

Being asked for water by some random old man.

Playing golf with Ben our tech guru.

Cooking with Wareagle two years in a row.

Going into this year I wanted to be a part of a few events that were outside of my "comfort zone" of Ohio and neighboring states. I'll admit, and hopefully she doesn't read it lol, but spousal support was something I anticipated being an issue. Something about the "hey honey I'm gonna take our family vacation money and spend it on a golf trip for myself so I can travel to play golf with Internet friends" that I didn't think she would be all about. But after she saw the treatment we received at #PersonalDistance and how much it meant to me that started to change. I came into this year with my eyes set on LIITA, Pittsburgh and Legacy. I got lucky enough to get into two of those plus Kentucky and Cure and so far my THP event year has been packed. After we got into liita I said to my wife that there is no way I can do multiple long trips this year and guess what she changed my mind and we are now going to Disney this September. So for me to say events are completely out of the picture is wrong but I just can't see adding any more events to my plate. Which sucks because the Gauntlet is something I really want. Obviously the granddaddy is a must and should be for everyone but the only one that's a maybe for me right now is gauntlet

I took was hoping for the Gauntlet but with Disney being the same month I cant swing it....hoping to try for the wilson event again but they may be tough too

It's been said before, but each event is unique and always tends to offer something that will surprise you & leave you wanting to attend more events. That's the beauty of THP events, there is something for everyone.

With Bridgestone University done, KC & Disney on tap, I'm firmly looking at Up&Down along with #TheGrandaddy.

2015 is shaping out to be a banner year for me where events are concerned.

Travel will probably limited this year, with that being said.... Savannah or bust. Daddy will need a day for himself by then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took was hoping for the Gauntlet but with Disney being the same month I cant swing it....hoping to try for the wilson event again but they may be tough too

Ya Wilson will always mean something special to me. So of course I will do whatever I can try to make that happen. But five events, two of which are trips to Orlando, is a lot of extra coin

Back