THP Golf Leagues & Weekly Events Thread

Shot a 39 in a two man scramble. Started ok, but finished in a flurry of bogeys.

First week of pre-play in the books. Shot 43 with 5 putts that burned the edges. Better.

And for the second week in a row, shot my best league round of the year, +3 in 9 holes. Had 2 good looks at birdie, but just couldn't get them to drop, but it all averaged out in the end as I made a couple of par putts later on. It was a very solid 'no mistakes' kind of round for me.

~Rock

The guy who runs our 48 team (2 man teams) Wednesday night league came in with last week's results. Tells me that we are now flighted, so we'll be playing against similar teams the rest of the way.

I ask him if my team made it up to B flight.

He says, "You barely made the C flight."

Oh boy, hahaha.

Jacqui's "Girls Night Out" weekly event had 12 golfers tonight. Doubling last week. This could actually work. The 12 golfers is already bigger than a few of our "leagues".

I shot another 44, but the guy I played against had a rough night so I won. I have to get off this 44 train!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had not seen this thread before.... shot my league PB last week a 47, not the greatest but very consistent for what I have been shooting as of late. Which that is also a good score for me, trying to get them down slowly but surely.

Won my first league match 4&3. My opponent really struggled getting off the tee on the back nine. Made it a lot easier to secure the win. We were evenly matched on the front ninel where I had a 1 hole lead.

Nice cpl

Great job Barry! Congrats man.

JM

Barry doin work!

League yesterday resulted in my worst league round of the year. I was +5 through 8 holes. Then took a quad on the 9th and final hole. Hit tee shot into 12' wide rough on the left, spent 5 minutes looking for ball. Did I mention its been wet here? Rough was about 5" tall. Found ball, actually had a shot to the green, but the rough told me otherwise, ended up hitting it way right, into swampy rough. Spent 5 minutes looking for ball. At this point, I was getting upset, because I hate looking for balls all the time, especially when white clover is everywhere. Found ball, had to punch an 8 iron to keep under trees, no big deal. The rough told me otherwise, proceeded to get hung up, hit ball about 30 yards, still in swampy rough. Spent 3 minutes looking for ball, which was now in 7" rough, and likely in casual water. I was fuming at this point. Took wedge, took full swing, because i was mad, somehow caught it totally clean, flew green by 10 yards.....in the rough, full of white clover. Spent 5 minutes looking for ball. Found it, flubbed the chip back over the green.

At this point, i was in the fairway, so didn't have to look for ball very hard. I've had blow up holes before, but usually I don't get quite so upset. I learned that I just can't stand looking for balls.

Thankfully, my team is in first, because no one really performed well yesterday.

~Rock

It was horrible. Two man scramble. Started out good, pars on 4, 5, 6 and 7.

Then we ran into a wall. Well a small wall, but this group took forever. Bogeyed the final five holes to shoot 40.

Won my club's 2 man, 27 hole tournament last Saturday and have a go at men's club tonight. My scored haven't been good lately but they're enough to land me in the low gross top 5. Hoping to go low tonight!

Won my club's 2 man, 27 hole tournament last Saturday and have a go at men's club tonight. My scored haven't been good lately but they're enough to land me in the low gross top 5. Hoping to go low tonight!

Well done Nate, your a great player. Best wishes tonight, get em tiger. I mean '99 Tiger

Shot a 42 in league tonight. Was giving up a few strokes and I just couldn't overcome my opponent. He played really well against me today. A couple of times I topped irons off the tee, but was able to reach with a hybrid from over 200 yards, so that was ok. Also no three putts! Have to get back on track next week.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I had league play last night. I played just ok. not terrible not good. I shot a 43. It seems I can shoot lower in casual rounds. But suck it up during league. When I played in THP competitions, I don't seem to have a problem. Well, I guess I did in April but that was winter rust so not counting that one. I just can't explain it. It's not like I'm stressing to win or anything. I feel like my mentality is the same during both types of rounds. What gives????

I won my flight in my league's tournament today. I shot a 88 (net 70) on a course I've never played before. I didn't think I had any shot after carding a 9 on one of the par 5s.

Preplayed for Tuesday. Shot a 44. Felt like it could have been a lot better but I made a lot of mistakes around the greens.

I shot 41 and it should of been much better. A couple missed putts and a couple knucklehead shots. But I won my match, and I've been winning some points the last few weeks and moving up the standings.

Preplayed for Tuesday. Shot a 44. Felt like it could have been a lot better but I made a lot of mistakes around the greens.

We don't do pre-plays in our league. How does that work? Do you have to let your opponent know and give them a chance to play with you? Seems like pre-playing a golf round would be a lot different than pre-bowling a bowling league, what with weather conditions, pin placements and tee positions, etc. being different.

Shot a rough 50, terrible day for my mid-iron game, but my putting was as sharp as ever. On the plus side, my team is in first place in our league (didn't even know it til the other day). Not gonna let it get to my head tho, just gonna keep playing how we been.

Shot a 40 and won my match 3 and 2.
Also, made a 15-20 footer for longest putt.

My 78 on Thursday was good enough to take low gross in men's club this week. Also picked up a KP on #15 and a skin for my birdie on #12. Successful week!

Shot 34 (-1) on front 9 tonight then 41 (+5) on the back. 2 over going into 17 and a bogey, double finish ruined a great night.

Back