Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Fix it now, because while we know we will be called everything in the book for impacting the outcome, we are used to it at this point and while we dont want that to happen, it has every single year we have done events like this.
Screw the outcome, just play fast. Got it.

:bad:

Nobody said anything even remotely like that and frankly I find this post incredibly insulting.

JB on the pace of play, since we dont often realize we are slow, do you, or anyone else Ive played with or around, think there is any part of my game I should work on speeding up? I would rather work on it now than have to try to adapt there.

As far as formats go, singles will be the most rewarding mentally. However, I'm most looking forward to alt shot, I simply believe it will be the most fun for me and whoever my partner may be. it's just a fun, sometimes unpredictable format, that usually involves a few smiles along the way.

~Rock

JB on the pace of play, since we dont often realize we are slow, do you, or anyone else Ive played with or around, think there is any part of my game I should work on speeding up? I would rather work on it now than have to try to adapt there.

I cant help there partner, but if people are mindful of their pace, and work on playing ready golf, there will be no issues.

The only thing JB is saying is that when the outcome of a hole is already decided or inevitable, the losing group needs to surrender the hole, pick up the balls and move on. Other than that, play ready golf and don't have a massive routine. There's nothing mean or sinister here dude.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding when he's saying he'll make you pick up and move to the right hole no matter if it affects the outcome.

I don't personally think anybody is going to get *that* out of place to where he'll have to enforce it, it just seems like an odd thing to say.

I'll bring an airhorn for the practice rounds and let you know what areas need sped up

Just keep up with the group in front of you

Maybe I'm misunderstanding when he's saying he'll make you pick up and move to the right hole no matter if it affects the outcome.

I don't personally think anybody is going to get *that* out of place to where he'll have to enforce it, it just seems like an odd thing to say.

Its fairly standard in golf. 3rd time being told you are behind without players rectifying involves being moved to no longer be behind.
Your idea that we are saying the outcome doesnt matter and that playing on pace is means playing fast and screw the outcome is not only laughable, but insulting to what we have planned and the amount of work that has gone into this.

I have my thoughts on it. I am all for golfers playing at their pace but if they go over 4.5 hours I get a bit bent out of shape. Also if it gets that bad that he actually needs to warn three times before he moves you to the correct hole he is being nice imo as after that many times to me it is time to be done. We have to remember while it is a THP event their are others on the course and the course needs those others to have an enjoyable experience. How many times have you guys gone somewhere and played a 5 hour round just to say you won't ever go back because of POP don't be the cause of doing that to someone.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Of the three formats we're going to play in Myrtle which one are you most excited to play? And Why?

Four Ball on True Blue
Alternate Shot on Caledonia
Sunday Singles on True Blue

Alternate shot for me. It brings a real team feel between the two players and I like that. I have played it before and it is a lot of fun.

It's just something that needs to be said. No one ever thinks they are slow. Just take our last event for example...we had 29 carts of THPers, and I believe 5-6 were actually on pace and they were all in the same area. Other than that, every other cart was behind, and a lot were almost 20-30 minutes behind. It just happens unfortunately and it's nothing personal to any person in particular. It's golfers in general and it just needs to be stated.

It's simple. Play ready golf. It's going to be July in myrtle beach. Trust me you won't want to play five hour rounds as is. I've personally seen someone from a course go to JB and remind him about pace of play and then it was said to us by the course before they sent us off. Courses are big on pace of play and therefor THP will respectfully enforce that. Think of it as if you were running your own business. If you are using other people's facilities to run your business, you are going to play by their house rules. You can play at a good pace without feeling rushed. Just don't pose for the camera

Not to pile on but thats not what he is saying. All thats being said is to be conscious of where you are in the match and how you can speed things up. Be reasonable about things. If you are hitting 5 from the rough 150 yards out and your opponent(s) are sitting 3 on the green, just concede the hole and move on. Read your putts and focus on the greens but get to your ball and be ready to go when its your turn. Dont stand around and watch everyone else. Yes the event is important to us but the courses also have a business to run and we dont want people waiting at every single hole behind us. There will be nerves and there will be tension, no doubt about it. It's part of why I want and have wanted you guys to start thinking about the course and how you want to play it. Practice rounds on Thursday will be helpful as well. Just have to go out and execute. If things start to get sideways on you, then just adjust and keep moving forward. Mike and I will be riding around between groups and will be conscious of pace of play as well and give a nudge if needed.

If pace of play becomes an issue let me the first to blame the captains for not putting a foot up our ass. (And i guess a little on us too)

If pace of play becomes an issue let me the first to blame the captains for not putting a foot up our ass. (And i guess a little on us too)
All on the players we are all big boys and should be able to keep a reasonable pace.

All on the players we are all big boys and should be able to keep a reasonable pace.

Sorry Ron, either sarcasm supply is running short in NC today or it wasn't as funny as it was in my head... Ofcourse it's on us :)

Sorry Ron, either sarcasm supply is running short in NC today or it wasn't as funny as it was in my head... Ofcourse it's on us :)
I figured it was sarcasm just didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea we all need to be accountable for ourselves.

lol this got out of hand quickly. Everyone take a deep breathe and relax everything will be fine

I'll bring an airhorn for the practice rounds and let you know what areas need sped up

Note to self, get ear plugs whenever Mike is around.

Legitimate question here on ready golf for this. Let's say my partner and I are 120 yards out, and our opponents are 130 yards out. However, we have a simple, flat lie, but the opponents have maybe a sloped lie, or maybe there's a tree blocking their line and they are deciding how to handle it. Do we play out of turn because we are ready? That's how I play during league, but my league is not match play, its just total team strokes. In match play, the first group/person to stick a ball close to the hole can put a lot of pressure on the 2nd group, so I'm assuming you want us to be ready when it's our turn, but not play out of turn. Just want to be absolutely sure of that though.

~Rock

Legitimate question here on ready golf for this. Let's say my partner and I are 120 yards out, and our opponents are 130 yards out. However, we have a simple, flat lie, but the opponents have maybe a sloped lie, or maybe there's a tree blocking their line and they are deciding how to handle it. Do we play out of turn because we are ready? That's how I play during league, but my league is not match play, its just total team strokes. In match play, the first group/person to stick a ball close to the hole can put a lot of pressure on the 2nd group, so I'm assuming you want us to be ready when it's our turn, but not play out of turn. Just want to be absolutely sure of that though.

~Rock

No. You dont play out of turn.
Just be ready so that when its your turn, you can pull the trigger instead of then getting out of the cart, choosing hte club, having the discussion, going through the pre-shot routine and then hitting.

No. You dont play out of turn.
Just be ready so that when its your turn, you can pull the trigger instead of then getting out of the cart, choosing hte club, having the discussion, going through the pre-shot routine and then hitting.

Perfect. Thanks. I'm golden with that.

~Rock

~Rock
Rules of golf say if you play out of turn, your opponents can make you re-play the shot.

Edit: And JB clarified while I was typing.

Cace, nailed it.

Back