Hooks and pushes off the tee

rumps11

Reaction score
Handicap
so the title explains it all. off the tee with my driver and 3 wood (even my long irons occasionally), I hit a low hook the majority of the time. sometimes it starts straight, sometimes it starts right, but it always take a hard left and goes for miles. usually these hooks are accompanied by contact near the toe. on other occasions, i will hit the ball quite solidly, but its a straight push that more often than not is OB. i play my irons and wedges very well, my shot shape is usually a baby draw, but that just does not translate to the tee box and it is killing me. I'm fed up with hitting 4 or 5 iron off the tee :angry:. any tips or drills would be appreciated!!

Moved to Swing Tips so Tadashi will be sure to get with you on this!

Your swing path is likely too far inside for the driver, though it works well on the irons. Experiment on the range with a weaker grip, not coming as far inside and see what happens.

so the title explains it all. off the tee with my driver and 3 wood (even my long irons occasionally), I hit a low hook the majority of the time. sometimes it starts straight, sometimes it starts right, but it always take a hard left and goes for miles. usually these hooks are accompanied by contact near the toe. on other occasions, i will hit the ball quite solidly, but its a straight push that more often than not is OB. i play my irons and wedges very well, my shot shape is usually a baby draw, but that just does not translate to the tee box and it is killing me. I'm fed up with hitting 4 or 5 iron off the tee :angry:. any tips or drills would be appreciated!!

As Jstubbs said, path too far right...you have to figure out why.

Often, when irons are good and driver path is too far right, trying to hit up too much is the culprit.

When you drop the right shoulder too much to hit up more, that tilts the spine too much Andre shifts the path way right.

Not saying for sure this is the issue, just common with what you're describing.

Back