Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

A champion will be crowned in only 4 weeks from today!

Quick follow up.
I played well yesterday but had two holes blow up in my face. The one I can live with because I was being aggressive and it didn't pay off - resulted in a hard-earned triple. But the other, oof. It was horrific and ended up quadruple bogeying the easiest hole on the course...basically lost 5 strokes to the field.

All in all, I finished 5th, 4 strokes behind first place. There's honestly no good reason I can't go out there and win if I could just string 18 holes together. My goal was to do better than last time and I guess I accomplished that. I can tell I am getting much better at handling the nerves that creep up out of nowhere and grip you in a tournament setting too, so this is solid prep for me. My scorecard yesterday was a match play dream, as frustrating as it was.
Turns out I won 3rd place Low Net and stand to receive a prize. Sweet!

Pretty disgusted with my round today. I checked out mentally and let myself get angry after 6 bad drives in a row and it wore me down. I Can't let that happen for myself and my team. I feel gross. 39-47

I played with Cace Saturday morning. Through 16 we finished all square. It is a tough course that he had not played before and he played great. His hard work is showing. He hit my j15 3 wood a few times and it will be a monster for him in MB. He is going to do well :)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Pretty disgusted with my round today. I checked out mentally and let myself get angry after 6 bad drives in a row and it wore me down. I Can't let that happen for myself and my team. I feel gross. 39-47
That doesn't sound like you at all. You played so well when we teed it up and there were some shots I thought to myself that you were going to struggle with and you made it look easy. This sounds like just one of those days.

Well I had my first taste of a tournament match play event today and glad I had the experience as I think I learned a lot. Started off disastrous losing the first five (five!) holes, but had it back to down 2 by end of 9. Ending up losing 2 and 1 even though i had my career best back 9 on this course (unfortunately so did my opponent), but overall I left satisfied that I learned something and think I'm better prepared now than i was earlier today for my Legacy. First and foremost...unlike when i played hockey or other sports...getting amp'd up before the round is not an advantage. I also saw how important momentum is in this format, and how much a good up and down can deject your opponent.

Way to battle back martsy! Good experience indeed

Well I had my first taste of a tournament match play event today and glad I had the experience as I think I learned a lot. Started off disastrous losing the first five (five!) holes, but had it back to down 2 by end of 9. Ending up losing 2 and 1 even though i had my career best back 9 on this course (unfortunately so did my opponent), but overall I left satisfied that I learned something and think I'm better prepared now than i was earlier today for my Legacy. First and foremost...unlike when i played hockey or other sports...getting amp'd up before the round is not an advantage. I also saw how important momentum is in this format, and how much a good up and down can deject your opponent.

The experience and the positives are what you can take out of that. Proud as hell of you battling back buddy.

Played today, went in with a different mindset, and different strategy. All in all it was a good day on the course. Several goods to take away from it all.

Played today, went in with a different mindset, and different strategy. All in all it was a good day on the course. Several goods to take away from it all.

pretty strong game today but, other than two tee shots on back to back holes and maybe one or two others plus a couple miscues with the wedges your game is shaping up nicely and should be ready to give it a go in a month. Tightening up the putting and you will be a force to reckon with.

Won't get into why because it doesn't matter, but I had some Morgan Cup memories triggered today and it made me think of how excited and ready you all are for the Legacy in just a few short weeks.

You all are going to have an amazing time in two fantastic courses that I love very much. Finish it in style gentlemen.

Got in a round on Sun and am pleased at how my game has progressed. Shot an 86 which isnt the best but overall felt solid. Left a few shots out there. I dont have any doubts about being able to put on finishing touches in a few areas and playing my most consistant golf in years come the end of July.

What was the difference in mindset and strategy?

Last two rounds locked in for handicap purposes. USHandicap says my trend is 29.2. Does that mean it's what it would lock in as? If so that's pretty cool, I've pushed my handicap down 7 points since February, and realistically more than that because it wouldn't let me go above 36.

Still some work to do between now and MB, but I'll be out there doing it. Hopefully everybody now knows what aspects of their game need some polish and are working hard to polish it up. For me it's short game and hitting driver consistently straight--the rounds I played this weekend would have been better if I hadn't hit into some trees or hadn't skulled some chips right over greens. I'll be at the range all week straightening those things out.

Last two rounds locked in for handicap purposes. USHandicap says my trend is 29.2. Does that mean it's what it would lock in as? If so that's pretty cool, I've pushed my handicap down 7 points since February, and realistically more than that because it wouldn't let me go above 36.

Still some work to do between now and MB, but I'll be out there doing it. Hopefully everybody now knows what aspects of their game need some polish and are working hard to polish it up. For me it's short game and hitting driver consistently straight--the rounds I played this weekend would have been better if I hadn't hit into some trees or hadn't skulled some chips right over greens. I'll be at the range all week straightening those things out.

yes sir if no more scores are entered then it will indeed end up 29.2.....congrats on the drop

When we get our clubs & get some range/practice time at the Legacy, which clubs will get the most of your attention?

Things may change once I get them in hand, but here is what I'm thinking now:

Driver
: This is where I think I'll spend most of my time. I'm hoping that the W/S D200 w/ Aldila Tour Green will be close to my current Cleveland 588 Custom w/ Motore VC6.2. Both should play at 45". The D200 was designed with "the right light" in mind, so I wonder how the change in shaft & grip will effect the weight & feel. I'll be bringing a little lead tape just in case I need to tinker a little bit, but all I'm looking for is a comfort factor with consistent impact & shot shape. I don't expect a lot of distance gain or loss.

Irons: I've been playing the D200 irons now for several months & I'm very comfortable with them. The only reason I have any trepidation at all is because I'll be playing different shafts & different grips. The good news is that I have experience wi the KBS CTLs & the Lamkin grips we're using & I like them both a lot. The only difference I expect is a little lower flight with the CTLs.

Wedges: I currently play the W/S Traction Control 56* w/ traditional grind. For the Legacy I opted for 54* & 60* w/ Tour grinds. I chose the Tour grind because it is designed for a shallow attack angle & that fits my chipping style. I don't expect much difference from my current wedge though.

Putter
: I've been playing with the Infinite Southside for several months too. I went with the Northside for the Legacy because I like the sound/feel better. The only deference between them is the Northside is heel shafted & the Southside is center shafted.

FW/Hybrids: I'm going 2, 3 & 4 hybrid & not playing any FWs. This is my current set up now & I ordered my D200 hybrids in the same specs as my current Fybrids. Not much worry here.

Ball: Going with the FG Tour. Zero worries here. I've been playing with it for a while.

So which club(s) do you think you need to spend the most time with?

Irons. The M3s are a full club weaker than my C100s and less forgiving. I basically have 9 holes to figure out my distance gaps.

Irons. The M3s are a full club weaker than my C100s and less forgiving. I basically have 9 holes to figure out my distance gaps.

And range time. Last I heard the Flightscope was coming along as well.

I don't really trust my range distances for various reasons, not the least of which is range balls.

So bring some regular balls for the range.. #Balla

In this order:

Driver: I don't anticipate needing to do much, but I at least need to have a feel for it. Once I get that feel, I'll be moving on. Hopefully not much more than 15 minutes.
Irons: Again, I've hit them before, and I'm very comfortable with my shaft choice. I'm really only going to hit irons to get my distances locked in.
3w/hybrid - same as driver, just need the feel.
Wedges - particularly the 58 wedge. It's not that I need to get distances locked in or anything, but I'm going to put that wedge through the ringer. I want to know exactly what I can and cannot do with it.
Putter - I've rolled it, felt totally natural, and that's about all I ask for in a putter.

This doesn't mean I won't spend more time with each of the clubs, but that's likely the order I'd want to work on 'adjusting' to the new clubs.

~Rock

I will just use some from my captain's bag.

Gonna have to travel all the way to NJ to get to it. Plus I only use LH balls. Your SOL friend.

Back