Frozen fast foods

mesaman777

Reaction score
Handicap
~
So I'm grocery shopping and see White Castle burgers in the frozen section. It occurred to me that other major fast food places could make a ton of money if they packaged and sold their burgers too. Which ones would you like to see? I'd be happy with Chick-fil-A or a Carl's Junior.

So I'm grocery shopping and see White Castle burgers in the frozen section. It occurred to me that other major fast food places could make a ton of money if they packaged and sold their burgers too. Which ones would you like to see? I'd be happy with Chick-fil-A or a Carl's Junior.

Honestly, I think part of that is because of where their margins lie. I know some have dabbled in it regionally, but nationally would it be beneficial? Interesting thought.

Putting together frozen and fast food is like putting together Sears and Kmart - I don't see any good coming from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your thought process but White Castle taste like sh!t live or frozen, I still grab them when in NY :D. Chick-Fil-a is fresh and if it came frozen I feel it just would be the same. It's also an experience to dine at CF so making it available in the frozen section could make it not so special.

Honestly, I think part of that is because of where their margins lie. I know some have dabbled in it regionally, but nationally would it be beneficial? Interesting thought.
I really didn't think of this aspect which makes complete sense. One would have to assume that some if not all already researched this. And as Panda mentioned, the product wouldn't taste nearly as good as fresh. If still grab a six pack of chic-fil-a though

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I really didn't think of this aspect which makes complete sense. One would have to assume that some if not all already researched this. And as Panda mentioned, the product wouldn't taste nearly as good as fresh. If still grab a six pack of chic-fil-a though

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Me too probably. The margins are better on fries and drinks or course. Then couple that with $3 or so a sandwich and a 6 pack at $15+ dollars doesn't look so good...haha

In-n-out or Hardee's/Carls Jr easily. Maybe some chik fil a for those Sundays when a craving for it happens

There's a few local places here who will make stuff for you and freeze it if you buy it in a bigger quantity, lots of locals do that if they move away and want to take some back home with them!

A frozen whopper sounds gross and so does a frozen chick fil a sandwich. Would not be nearly the same to me. Frozen sliders I sort of get for some reason, have no explanation but still not as good as the fresh ones. Its like frozen pizza, its still pizza and its still pretty good I guess, but fresh is so much better

I don't know if I'd like any other fast food frozen. But damn, those White Castle burgers are FIRE!

If Bob Evans can figure it out, I'm sure the big fast food chains could too if they really wanted.

I haven't bought any fast food from the frozen section. We do buy the occasional TGIF Loaded Baked Potatoes. That's probably not much different. But, cheese and bacon make everything better.

Frozen food, bad idea
Fast food, bad idea

Frozen fast food, wtf? Terrible idea.

Wendy's, but they don't freeze their beef so that's kind of a non-starter...

Frozen food, bad idea
Fast food, bad idea

Frozen fast food, wtf? Terrible idea.

Except frozen veggies. Best and healthiest place to get veggies is the frozen section.

I like your thought process but White Castle taste like sh!t live or frozen, I still grab them when in NY :D. Chick-Fil-a is fresh and if it came frozen I feel it just would be the same. It's also an experience to dine at CF so making it available in the frozen section could make it not so special.

White Castle is an all or nothing deal. I don't know anyone who says that they are ok, they either love it or can't stand it! I am in the latter.

White Castle is an all or nothing deal. I don't know anyone who says that they are ok, they either love it or can't stand it! I am in the latter.

I think it's only ok :bulgy-eyes:

I think there could be some money made there. Walmart copies Chickfila under the "Great Value" brand and if you cook the items in the oven they are actually really close to the original items they are copying. They are full of sodium though (1000+ mg per fillet), but so is Chickfila's sandwich.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ok-Kola-Chicken/170718157

ef053ef7-f4fb-4e40-9e59-0973d2b7aab4_1.86121f67cbc4b8202336ad25241f850b.jpeg

Not a good idea. Those white castle frozen burgers taste like garbage. I don't think I'll ever be lazy enough to not go get the real thing and opt for frozen nastiness.

Back