Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball Review Thread

Played 36 with this ball today. Lost 3 on my first 18 was still warming up. Teed off at 7 30. Didn't lose any on the second 18. Love this ball and don't see me switching any time soon

Nice...i see where this ball would help reduce your spin that causes your driver to get away from you.

very good day with this ball today. excellent spin with irons and wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anybody seen the email I got this morning from PGA superstore advertising chrome softs with new "Truvis" technology? Apparently it's the same ball but it has a bunch of red pentagons printed on it....looks like a mini soccer ball...supposed to increase focus and visibility. Anybody seen or used em yet?

That's gnarly. I'd put it into play but would be weird putting with it

I believe Jason Finley was using these at the Grandaddy and my initial thoughts were they looked pretty interesting. I meant to ask the reason for the design, but forgot. If they help increase visibility in addition to being pretty cool looking - I would definitely give them a try.

I believe Jason Finley was using these at the Grandaddy and my initial thoughts were they looked pretty interesting. I meant to ask the reason for the design, but forgot. If they help increase visibility in addition to being pretty cool looking - I would definitely give them a try.

I was using it, one of the first prototypes of it. It is a very interesting idea and something that a lot of people will like and enjoy. Another strong option on a great ball.

I was using it, one of the first prototypes of it. It is a very interesting idea and something that a lot of people will like and enjoy. Another strong option on a great ball.

Was it a stock prototype or a custom prototype?

The internet demands the truth!

Nice! Do you know if this will be available through all stores or just PGA Superstore specifically.

Was it a stock prototype or a custom prototype?

The internet demands the truth!

It was custom, of course. Since I have been accused of being an internet golfer, it could not have been stock. I prefer my compression rating to be 1 point different and one Hex pattern to be slightly bigger.

Nice! Do you know if this will be available through all stores or just PGA Superstore specifically.

It should be available at all stores (that choose to bring it in). Retail date is Friday.

is_thumb.jpg

The "Truvis" technology is kind of cool. Like darnell said, it looks like a mini soccer ball. I alternate between the Chrome Soft and another brand so I'll have to pick up a box of these prior to my next round.

Edit: Or order them on Friday.

ummmm, wut? that is an, um, "interesting" design. i'll stick with the all white, thanks.

Interesting pattern with the Truvis tech...need to know more about this I think.

I'm not going to lie, I thought it was a joke when i saw the ad but after thinking about the potential for what it could be, I'm intrigued enough to buy a dozen and see what differences, if any, this ball has as compared to all white or all yellow. Also it beats marking identifying dots or lines on your ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the purpose of it? Just to be able to follow your ball better?

It was custom, of course. Since I have been accused of being an internet golfer, it could not have been stock. I prefer my compression rating to be 1 point different and one Hex pattern to be slightly bigger.

I do understand the standard Hex pattern is a little clicky.

i saw these on the shelf at GolfSmith in San Jose yesterday.

Due to recent events, I'll be playing with these balls a bit more for the rest of the summer.

I would play those in my monthly tourney just to troll everyone.

I love the Chrome Soft and have been playing it regularly this year. I will have to try to find a sleeve of the "Truvis" balls to try out before I buy a whole dozen.

I thought it was a joke at first as well my neighbors are a big soccer family so I had to buy them just to show them. Golfsmith has a bunch of them on the putting green in the store they are an interesting roll.. I am going to game them tomorrow just to see how they look in flight I will probably get a lot of strange looks..

I picked up a dozen of the Truvis balls and put one in to play today and I really enjoyed playing it to be honest. The ball does appear a bit larger and it seemed easier to manage the roll on putts. It was only 9 holes so hardly a large enough sample, but initially I enjoyed playing it.

I picked up a dozen of the Truvis balls and put one in to play today and I really enjoyed playing it to be honest. The ball does appear a bit larger and it seemed easier to manage the roll on putts. It was only 9 holes so hardly a large enough sample, but initially I enjoyed playing it.
Nice! I picked up a dozen as well and I am looking forward to putting them into play.

That ball seems too busy IMO, gonna be hard to knock yellow out of my bag.

Back