Wilson Staff FG Tour TC Wedges Review

Won't be able to make Chicago this year, but I will say this - at this point the TC wedges are the only Wilson Staff clubs in my bag. If their other products are of similar quality to the TC wedges, that probably won't last long.

A shame, but totally understandable. Nice to see that THPers will get a full set of pre-release irons for showing up along with a WHOLE slew of other things.

A shame, but totally understandable. Nice to see that THPers will get a full set of pre-release irons for showing up along with a WHOLE slew of other things.

I love searching around THP for little teasers like this. It's like a treasure hunt. I'm interested!

Picked up a 64 degree from a local shop for 60 bucks the other day. Might have to go back and get a 50 degree as well. Really like these wedges. And I really like what I'm hearing about Chicago. I will definitely be signing up.

A thing of beauty arrived on my front porch today.

hz3eyca4cUd_6jGOUjrxLXvlAIzg_vhtRiIpQKW-RNk

X5eq8S49wfGVz17O5QaH5WILO3YFl20ft8M89yCGl8M

I've been hitting my wedges as good as ever lately and it has me positively giddy to get the FG Tours in the bag soon.

Just a few more days, and 3 of these beauties, with custom KBS shafts and limited edition Lamkin grips, will be in the bag. #THPLegacy is almost here!

Just a few more days, and 3 of these beauties, with custom KBS shafts and limited edition Lamkin grips, will be in the bag. #THPLegacy is almost here!

I sure hope there join you in Savannah - would love to see and try these out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope there join you in Savannah - would love to see and try these out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Full Legacy bag will definitely be with me in Savannah.

These wedges? Oh my. Fantastic fit for me and they do everything well. Anyone looking at wedges should take a close look.

These wedges? Oh my. Fantastic fit for me and they do everything well. Anyone looking at wedges should take a close look.

I had a hunch you guys would really enjoy these, such an under the radar wedge.

(Also, best, avatar, ever).

I've got to second this! I've got the tour grind on the 54/58. Seceal
times during these rounds today I was able to oull
off some great shots. My shot of the day was from the front green side bunker today on 9. Ball was sitting decently in the sand. I hit a bunker shot that was awesome. Hit it past the hole but I was able to suck it back to 2 feet. I could t see it happen cause of the depth of the bunker. But it good fora gimmie.A couple other shots today I was able to flight them down when I needed to, or just joist them high it high and let it one bounce and stop. Love these wedges. These paired with the straight KBS wedges shaft feel
very good.

Just to add to the love, even if you're a relative newbie like me these wedges are great. I had some Mack Daddy 2's that I just didn't really get along with, they bit into the turf too much. Wilson did some magic with the leading edges and bounces of these wedges to make them super easy to hit and get the ball up and flying. Chips, sand shots, 3-to-9 half swings, whatever, they get the job done.

I really love that they come with the SCOR-style extra long Lamkin grips with two thumb dots. It helps you dial in your regular shots and choke-down shots easily.

These are the best wedges I've ever used, and I saw them at PGA SS for $60 NEW.

There isn't a better buy in golf.

Full swings and partial swings are just money with these and they impart as much spin as anyone would want. I've got KBS Tour shafts in mine and its a match made in heaven.
I'll withhold green side judgement until I get back home and play on familiar grass, but they are GOOD.

Great look at address.
e3a27200c5e5f5d775bb9065e1eafe65.jpg

Full swings and partial swings are just money with these and they impart as much spin as anyone would want. I've got KBS Tour shafts in mine and its a match made in heaven.
I'll withhold green side judgement until I get back home and play on familiar grass, but they are GOOD.
I knew you'd like these, dude. It's a foregone conclusion that I'm getting a set, just a matter of when at this point!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

$60 new? ahem, that's better than some people i know who have discounts through W/S :/ Buy em up!

I am kinda intrigued by them. I saw some guys hit some pretty darn awesome shots with these this past weekend and the all around feedback seemed to be extremely impressive.

I am kinda intrigued by them. I saw some guys hit some pretty darn awesome shots with these this past weekend and the all around feedback seemed to be extremely impressive.
Playing these around the green with touch and feel was very solid. Sand shots were solid, except some of those super wet shots, but that's a technique problem. I like the pairing with the KBS wedge shaft, except with a more full wedge shot I found I needed to club up. My standard 100yd 3/4 54 was done with a 50. My normal 50* shot I went to the pitching wedge, with less than 3/4. I may end up putting the KBS HiRev shafts in these. Or leaving them as is, and learning to play a little different game. New wedges, sharp grooves, pretty easy to spin the ball back. I was able to pull the string several times on the range and on the course. At address these look fantastic! Weighting is a tad more than the J40's IMO. This is the first set of wedges I've played with the tour grind, and I'm a big fan!

I have to ask, did you get the tour grind or the standard? The tour grinds are indeed on sale at PGATSS :D Unsure whether they'd be a good fit for me though.

I have to ask, did you get the tour grind or the standard? The tour grinds are indeed on sale at PGATSS :D Unsure whether they'd be a good fit for me though.
I got traditional grind because I love full swing wedges.
I successfully played many open face touch shots with them.

I got traditional grind because I love full swing wedges.
I successfully played many open face touch shots with them.

Good deal. I on the other hand, do not hit a lot of full swing wedges, but my inclination would still be to go for the regular grind as well so that I have the option.

Playing these around the green with touch and feel was very solid. Sand shots were solid, except some of those super wet shots, but that's a technique problem. I like the pairing with the KBS wedge shaft, except with a more full wedge shot I found I needed to club up. My standard 100yd 3/4 54 was done with a 50. My normal 50* shot I went to the pitching wedge, with less than 3/4. I may end up putting the KBS HiRev shafts in these. Or leaving them as is, and learning to play a little different game. New wedges, sharp grooves, pretty easy to spin the ball back. I was able to pull the string several times on the range and on the course. At address these look fantastic! Weighting is a tad more than the J40's IMO. This is the first set of wedges I've played with the tour grind, and I'm a big fan!
I did have some trouble in wet sand. Two, in particular. Agree, though, that it has to be a technique issue for me.

In Sunday singles, I hit 3 of the best sand shots of my golfing life, all from different bunker positions and conditions. Even so, the 58 Tour Grind worked like a champ. Medium-Firm conditions on #6, right of the green, hit it up, and it rolled past the pin for an uneventful sand save. Relatively soft conditions on #14, in the small pot bunker, left of the green. Pin was smack in the middle of the narrowest part of the green (nice short-side miss, dork) - soft landing that rolled forward just a bit, and another uneventful sand save. Very firm conditions in waste bunker left of #16 green. Opened that sucker up, and swing hard. Good check and ball is within 5 feet of front pin location - missed the putt, though.

I need some more time with these wedges, but I love them. I love the way they look at address, the way they feel, and the way they perform. I can't wait to get some real work done with them.

Glad to know people are really loving these. I just replaced my TM ATV 54 wedge with a FG Tour TC 54.10 wedge. The Myrtle Beach PGA SuperStore had the "tour frosted" model on sale for $59 so I figured I had nothing to lose. I'm still gaming the 58* ATV wedge, but had to make a change on the 54 to get myself out of the sand. Hoping this works well for me!

Back