Signup for Free Gear & Fitting with UST Mamiya - THP Shaft Up #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The details are here and they are incredibly unique. What you need to know is that you will be fit, you will play golf and there are zero costs to you. That's right, zero, including the travel, but wait, read through this as there is a whole lot more including a bonus finale that is incredible. In case you missed out on what happened in the first one, click here. Each participant received brand new irons, wedges, shafts and a whole lot more.

[video=youtube;aF_DpVOz-xE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF_DpVOz-xE[/video]
Recommend viewing in full screen in either HD or 4K

When & Where

July 20th and 21st
UST HQ in DFW, TX

Cost & What's Included
There is no cost at all to you.
Tour the UST Facility
Get fit for new equipment
Every participant will get new equipment (shafts and heads)
Play Golf
Group Dinner
And much much more

THP Shaft Up with UST Mamiya is about making the impossible, possible. World Class fitting with one of the best in the business, new equipment for each participant and of course playing golf at one of the beautiful courses in the area. You will leave the event armed with more knowledge, better gear and of course the memories that last forever. All of this, completely free of charge including your travel.

The Finale
THP has teased this thing called the Finale and today we unveil the details. Each of the THP Shaft Up events (there are 3 total) will feature the fun and equipment, and post event, your job will be to review the gear you receive. The person that does the best job of this, from each of the Shaft Up events gets a ticket punched for what we are calling The Finale. It's another event, held at a beautiful resort where you will go later in the year, meet with UST Mamiya and play some golf for the weekend with your new gear and even test some more new products...And it wouldn't be Shaft Up if there were any costs, so it is all 100% free of charge.

How To Get Involved
Getting to be a part of this special program will be by sign up each month in the respective threads. Your 2017 Albatross Club membership is your key to unlock this and many other programs on THP. If you are not a member, and want information on how to join and help support an amazing charity helping children in need, click here.

It Said Equipment What Does That Mean
Every THP Shaft Up event will not only feature new shafts, but different equipment. One might be all about the driver, the next could be irons and so on. It will be a surprise when you walk through the door and are greeted by THP & UST and you never know what will be included. The only thing we can say on this is, prepare to be surprised and no two Shaft Up events will ever be the same in their entirety.

Signing Up
Signing up is easy. Way easier than it should be honestly : )

1. Subscribe to THP TV

2. Watch one of the three live streaming videos from Shaft Up #1 and tell us what your favorite part was

Fitting Talk

Guys get their new gear

How to Reshaft Irons

3. Post those thoughts and which video its on in this thread.

Sit back and wait. All three must be accomplished for a shot at the trip and gear.

The How to Reshaft Irons video/watching it live when it happened helped me reshaft my irons with Recoils. He explained everything so well and made it all look way too easy. I would love to get the chance to take a trip down there and have Danny fit me into whatever equipment I'd be lucky enough to receive!

Guys get their new gear - Definitely my favorite part was watching the reactions of the guys when they found out they were being hooked up with some sweetness from Cleveland and Srixon!

The best part was the priceless reactions of OG and so-ill in the second live feed when Lindsay tells the guys they just got hooked up by Cleveland/Srixon golf to receive brand new wedges and irons custom fit by Danny himself. Pretty awesome to see the reactions live as it happened!

Edit: Im subscribed to THP tv but my email in YouTube is wagonportion12@gmail.com and my name on YouTube is Zachary Buechner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How to Reshaft Irons - I've been getting materials to reshaft a hybrid and fairway wood. This video was extremely helpful and helped answer some questions I had. Especially the amount of epoxy you need to use and the types of epoxy to purchase. Learning that the epoxy is spreading out over time and that Danny prefers the 24 hour type - really helped in my decision making.

All of these videos are phenomenal. Good luck everyone!

Can we signup to go again? :joy:

My favorite video/moment was the 'Guys get their new gear'. The look on their faces around the 18 minute mark is priceless. The look of pure excitement/joy is amazing. THP has that effect on people, big smiles, huge surprises and amazing prizes!

Good luck to everyone entering this amazing contest!

Favorite video is Guys get their gear. Just love the expression on them Boys faces when the see the Cleveland/Srixon Iron heads.

Well, my favorite part was in the reshafting video, when I was able to ask a question on the forum about extracting graphite shafts, and Danny answered right then and there live. I had asked if there was any way to pull a graphite shaft and save it without a graphite shaft extractor. I figured if someone knew some magic tricks to do it, it would be him. Of course, the answer was no, but at least now I know definitively.

~Rock

Dang, I just planned a trip for those exact dates. Good luck to everyone else, this was fantastic to follow along with on Shaft up #1 so #2 will be awesome as well.

Sine I love tinkering. Love the video where Danny does the shafting. He explained it so well and he was a rock star. Just so fluid and easy. Just watching it and listening to him explain what he was doing was awesome for me. I love how he explained things so well that I could easily follow and understand everything. It makes me confident that I myself could easily reshaft irons. So much great info there.

For me it would be amazing to get to have time with him to learn and interact.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Has to be the reshafting part and learning how to properly do it

The how to reshaft video really was eye opening. I am not too mechanically inclined, so seeing some one really break it down into terms that I could fully understand was beyond helpful. A lot of times when someone explains something out of my comfort zone, it is hard to understand, but Danny just hit on so many key points and made it fun and easy to follow along with. Another thing that stood out is how he seems to really enjoy what he does.

Shaft Up #2 has some big footsteps to follow in, but nothing that THP and UST Mamiya could not do.

I am not a person who does any repair work them selves on clubs, however I really enjoyed the How to Reshaft video. Watching Danny use his little secret tap to get the shaft/ferrells into the head without having to set with epoxy was actually cool to watch. You can tell Danny is great at what he does and I would like nothing more than to work with Danny and get fit with something that will work with my golf game.

I think there's two things I found interesting (well, most interesting. there's a lot of great stuff in here).

1. Fitting talk: The talk about shaft weight I enjoyed a lot. That, coupled with the discussion on shorter/heavier and longer/lighter as options in the driver really highlights the optimization problem that club fitting is. And here we're really talking about feel and contact, and not even talking about the launch monitor numbers. Though, of course, contact quality will have a bearing on those.
2. Iron Building: I would never have guessed you could be that aggressive in terms of banging the top of the shaft on the ground to seat the ferrule as Danny was there. There was plenty in that video that was interesting, but that surprised me the most.

Last edited:
The best part is when the guys get to see how the restarting is done. Danny really explained it so well. As a person who is recently intrigued by shaft and how the club is put together properly I really enjoyed that.

The fitting talk and how to reshaft irons was great but the best one was guys getting their new Cleveland/Srixon gear. Like kids in a candy store or at Christmas. Having Danny fit you for shafts would be an ultimate experience.

Watching How to Reshaft Irons was by far my favorite video!

And watching the master Danny at work. My favorite part was the Tungsten Powder, I had no idea that was even done, what a cool process and fun details that we wouldn't get to see or learn about without cool videos like this and THP bringing them to us. Kudos to UST, Danny, Lindsay and Josh for bringing us this awesome access!

1. Subscribe to THP TV - check

2. Watch one of the three live streaming videos from Shaft Up #1 and tell us what your favorite part was - check. Watched all three during the event and replayed the fitting talk. Lots of great info in the segment.

Fitting Talk - my favorite

Guys get their new gear

How to Reshaft Irons

3. Post those thoughts and which video its on in this thread.

Fitting Talk is my favorite. Appreciate Danny's explanation of the steel shafts compared to Recoil and how they help you as a player. Also, thanks to Danny for answering the question I submitted during the segment.

My favorite part was being there! :D

Good luck everyone!!! Can't wait to see who's going to #ShaftUp next!

sweet way to sign up! I think I already commented on most of the videos but will do it again tonight to make sure.

How to reshaft irons. Learning about the intricacies of reshafting and somethings to pay attention to is very helpful and informative. Watching an expert like Danny is both entertaining and educational

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back