Taylormade RSI 1 polymer issue

Rock26

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently purchased a used set of Taylormade RSI 1's from the Taylormade pre-owned site. Within the first two rounds of using them a piece of the polymer fell out of my 7 iron, I contacted them but had no luck. Yesterday during a round I noticed my 5 iron also had a piece missing.

Can someone tell me what type of affect this has on the performance of the clubs?

Luckily I am getting a custom fit set of Wilson irons in July so it might not matter, but I will be using these until then.

-Rocky

They are not responding or said they wouldnt fix it?
Im assuming the clubs purchased from them directly would be under at least a short term warranty. Is that not the case?

I did not think they were under warranty becuase they were used. I was asking about the affect of the damage and they had no answer. I will check on the warranty right now.

I did not think they were under warranty becuase they were used. I was asking about the affect of the damage and they had no answer. I will check on the warranty right now.

I have no idea on the playability being affected but as JB said I would see if they will repair/replace them.

Hit up TaylorMade on Twitter. They are pretty well known for making these types of situations right.

I emailed customer care earlier, I will try the twitter method as well.

Thanks guys

Not Taylormade, but I had an issue with an old set of Pings. The badges on a few of the irons had come off. It didn't affect playability, but it looked bad. I contacted Ping and they fixed it no charge, but I had to send the clubs in to them to do it.

I would definitely think that if you purchased from their preowned site, then you'd be covered under some sort of warranty. If not, it kind of defeats the purpose of buying from them vs. a 3Balls or some other used clubs site.

So far no response from Taylormade. I have been a Taylormade fan for a long time (last 4 sets of irons) but this is discouraging.

Quick update:

After two emails and two tweets I finally got a response from Taylormade. They asked for pictures and told me they would check the warranty, fingers crossed I will get some replacements.

Back