Golf Apps - Scoring and Personal Stats

TrippyTriperson

Reaction score
Handicap
Good evening. Somewhat of a rookie question here. Does anyone have a suggestion for a golf app they use to log scores and monitor personal stats? I keep an Excel document but feel like there has to be something out there better and more mobile friendly. Thank you for any and all suggestions!

Good evening. Somewhat of a rookie question here. Does anyone have a suggestion for a golf app they use to log scores and monitor personal stats? I keep an Excel document but feel like there has to be something out there better and more mobile friendly. Thank you for any and all suggestions!
The grint is pretty good. Stat tracking and handicap. Reasonably priced too for full membership, or use a lite version for free.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I have tried several apps. My personal favorite is Golfshot. I do have the Plus yearly membership. Some cool features:

1. It lets me post directly to GHIN.
2. Works well with my smartwatch.
3. Can keep score for multiple people without them needing to get on Golfshot as well. This is kind of a requirement for me.

I cannot seem to find any other software that does (1). Also, (3) is kind of a requirement for me because my father-in-law will never sign up for a 'social' site for me to keep his score .. :D

But honestly there are several softwares that may serve your purpose. I have read good things about Grint but it did not do (1) or (3). I have read good things about Diablo Golf.

I have iPhone I have used the Grint, Golf Handicap Tracker, and GHIN app. They are all about the same. I feel like The grint app is the best. Along with their website too. I also use game golf which tracks an unofficial HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamegolf, same stats and everything as the game golf live, you just tag with your phone. Plus it gives you the gps rangefinder as well.
I use this when my device is at home or dead.

I've used Golfshot for years and love it. The grint is also great but I already have more features on golfshot since I paid for the lifetime upgrade when it came out a few years ago.

I cant help with that, but if you have iOS, I recommend the THP Golf App, for great content. :D

Another vote for TheGrint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying both Swing by Swing and The Grint...not sure which I like yet.

Iv been personally using 18 birdies and swing by swing, but I'll be changing to game golf app as I now have the game golf device, I just downloaded the grint and it seems a clean app not tried it yet tho

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Grint was always my go-to before I picked up Arccos. It just has everything you really need.

I used Swing by Swing for a couple of years now and really like it. It's simple, yet works great. It gives you points that you'll want to hit to with distance. You can move these points manually and it gives you the distances from the new points. When you approach the green, the app changes over to the score card. You put in your score and putts. It's easy to use, but lacks some "fun" stuff other apps have.

I have 18 birdies also, but it's over complicated. You'll spend a lot of time on the app instead of playing the game. I thought it was cool to make up your own golf bag with the clubs I have and put in the custom distances I hit with each club, but it seems useless. An example- A hole will be 340 to the center of the green. Yet the app is showing me 170 to the middle of the fairway and 170 to the green from there. Why? My driver is listed for 250+. It's also very time consuming. When you get to the green you manually have to go to your score card. You'll enter score, putts, GIR, fairway hit, to the right or left of the fairway, and 2 other things. After that, you'll manually have to go back to the GPS. The GPS would sometimes be way off too. Saying that I'm 120 from the green, yet I'm within 40. I get that it's accurate sometimes, but don't rely on it yet. They have some catching up to do. I think it's fun, but you don't get to enjoy the game as much as I found myself messing around with the app too much. What makes it fun is you can follow friends and see their scores and pictures and kinda compete with them. It's a lot more detailed than SxS, but more time consuming. It's basically Facebook for golf. I will say this about them- Their CS is actually very awesome! The course we played was messed up in the app. It showed 275 yds in the upper corner of the app. The green in reality was straight ahead,but the GPS was showing a dog leg right @ 470yds! The next day I figured it out. They asked me to rate the app. They actually contacted me about the course and wanted to make sure it got fixed. Within 2 days the app was updated and correct! Impressive!

18 birdies is solid

I am a rookie too but have been using 18birdies. I haven't really been using many of the advanced features yet as I am still pretty bad but slowly easing into it now. I use it mostly for gps and general layout of the hole and club suggestion although I havent added in custom distances yet as I dont have enough data to go on quite yet. Seeing what it suggests and then seeing it with my own eyes is slowly getting me more familiar with looking at a hole and knowing about what club I should use. I also use the track shot feature when I feel like I hit one pretty well to use later in help putting in more accurate distances.

Another vote for the Grint here. Love that it actually tracks a legal handicap.

Thanks for the info. I have also been looking for a scoring app. I'm going to try out Grint.

Been using swing by swing. I'm gonna have to take a look into this Grint.

No golfpad gps users? Man i love it. You can get tags if you want them, or the whole thing that clips on your belt. I just manually add the shots myself. But the price is cheap. The premium app is 9.99 a year, it works with the golf watches as if you have Android the golf tags 75.00 work with your phones nfc function. 40,000 courses

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No golfpad gps users? Man i love it. You can get tags if you want them, or the whole thing that clips on your belt. I just manually add the shots myself. But the price is cheap. The premium app is 9.99 a year, it works with the golf watches as if you have Android the golf tags 75.00 work with your phones nfc function. 40,000 courses

I tried the golfpad GPS but it would not find my course so I went back to 18b mostly for the score card and stat tracker and I use gamegolf to track my round

I tried the golfpad GPS but it would not find my course so I went back to 18b mostly for the score card and stat tracker and I use gamegolf to track my round

What course is that?

All of them it won't pick up the course round the corner or my local, all outher gps apps work

Never used a golf app for score tracking until I saw a review on 18 birdies here on THP. I have been using that for the last few months and it works well for the features I use. Score tracking and stats is my main use as I have a range finder that I use, I have tried the GPS on some blind shots and it works well. I have a stand alone Garmin G6 that I never use anymore as I always have my phone with me and I would sometimes forget to charge the Garmin. I tried Golf Shot years ago on my I Phone but it was hard on the battery at that point. The 18 Birdies app is very battery friendly, I just wish the premium version was more reasonable in cost as I wanted it for the betting side of the game. I use the free version of it at this time, but the premium side is just to much at 4.99 a month.

I used to use swing by swing. Since getting my Garmin watch, I use that and the Garmin Connect app after the round to review stats.
I like not needing to have my phone handy during the round.

Golfshot here, but I'lll try Grint when my subscription expires/

Back