Mystery Meat

Ben Hogan Fan
Reaction score
Handicap
Bad Gas
Has been getting real real dangerous on our toll roads and expressways. Construction/constant rain/mega accidents/road closures/re routing/tourists/holiday travelers ..etc etc ... which all results in road rage. Had people give me the bird /flash lights/ yell/ cuss/ and physically threaten in the last few weeks. I've done my share this year (not the threaten part) but enough to say I have been getting road rage as well. Been trying to leave earlier with my new hours but the above mentioned conditions seem to increase during the summer holiday seasons. I'm trying to keep my cool but some drivers just bring the bad out in everything.

Any road rage stories out there? Are you the recipient or the ones giving it ?

People need to pay attention and drive their vehicles, move with the speed of traffic and be courteous to those getting on and off the highway or changing lanes. It all boils down to not being a d!€% wether in a car or through daily life.

I've never understood road rage .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been on both ends. Don't know why but nothing infuriates me more than idiots, especially when they're behind the wheel.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

Had a young guy in a Jetta with ground effects and rumbling exhaust that was making an ass of himself the other day. I'm sitting at the traffic light closest to my house waiting to make a left turn. The light goes yellow, the intersection clears and I make the left turn heading into town. The Jetta runs the now red light thru the intersection and accelerates right up on my bumper. We get stopped at the next light 500 feet down the street. I'm about the 5th car in line at the light, the Jetta the 6th and last. When you get thru the next intersection the road goes to two lanes, one way for a couple hundred feet mostly to serve as access to the businesses along the left side of the road.

The Jetta driver as so many young drivers are is impatient and guns his engine to accelerate past me in the left lane. Of course one of the cars ahead of us gets into the left lane and signals to turn into one of the businesses. So the Jetta without signaling swings right back in front of me braking hard to avoid the carahead. Another couple hundred feet and we're back down to one lane and merging with another lane into another two lane, one-way road, actually Main Street in my small town.

Of course reaching the two lanes with 50 feet or so open in the right lane the Jetta swerves to the right accelerating to the bumper of the car ahead. I roll along with the ebb & flow of traffic which always gets stopped at the next light in front of the local hospital. I'm now back past the Jetta who must feel like a real loser since I have no ground or audio effects to enhance my driving experience for myself or others. When traffic gets moving again the Jetta swerves left then right then left again, finally gaining pole position going into the next light but never mind another ran red light and he's done fooling around with all of us law abiding drivers. Now its time to get it to 50mph before reaching downtown another block or so later...

No doubt the shenanigans of a punk like that Jetta driver are what leave others feeling that slight increase in blood pressure that if not for a well timed "Serenity now..." could lead to something later...

I defer to the idiots when it's in my best interest.

He's a guy in a Jetta with ground effects and exhaust. Joke's on him.

He's a guy in a Jetta with ground effects and exhaust. Joke's on him.
I remember when my friend Bobby got a Jetta. I would always post jokes about how I thought I saw his car but it was just some sorority chick.

Only time I ever get upset driving is when there is someone driving really slow in front of my and you can see they are looking down at something (most likely their stupid phone). People need to just pay attention to the road in front of them and drive like a normal person and everything will be fine.

Calm Troy drives a truck now. In the past I would get pissed at idiots but it's not worth it, they are everywhere.

Move to Florida and play in our land of bad drivers. With all the tourist, seasonal visitors and very old people that should not be on the road, calm is a very important part of daily driving. Not to mention that 80% of the local folks are armed, calm and patient is a very good way to stay out of trouble.

Drove to the big city yesterday and saw plenty of dumb drivers.

Honestly though, there is already too much stuff in life that incites anger, or is rant worthy. There is nothing you can do to prevent the dumbness of others, just be aware, and do your best to not be one of the dumb ones.

Move to Florida and play in our land of bad drivers. With all the tourist, seasonal visitors and very old people that should not be on the road, calm is a very important part of daily driving. Not to mention that 80% of the local folks are armed, calm and patient is a very good way to stay out of trouble.

I already have most of that in the DC area, only problem our tourists are also transplants from the lands of terrible drivers.

I have several issues with people driving:

Not getting up to highway speed when merging onto the highway. I'm not saying speed up to like 80 but don't creep along at 30-40 then try to merge. I see this constantly and nothing is more sketchy than trying to merge onto highway that has traffic moving at 60-70 when you are stuck doing 40 behind an idiot. Same with driving on the highway and someone cuts in doing 40.

People in the left lane going below the speed limit. I was driving on 35 up to Duluth over the weekend and this idiot was in the left lane (two lane interstate) going 55, speed limit was 70 having a freaking conversation with the car in the right lane, blocking traffic.

Speeding up to block someone from merging. Haven't seen this as much in Minnesota but its just dangerous and stupid.

Not merging at the appropriate time. When there is a long line of cars all exiting and you speed up, pass all of them then slam on the brakes in the middle lane to cut in and slow everyone else down, you should have your license revoked.

All issues than can annoy someone, potentially create dangerous driving situations or cause traffic.

Michigan drivers are the worst... Biggest idiots who see that a lane says "iPass only" . Freaking morons go in that one lane and tie up the whole toll road waiting to go thru because they thought they could pay there. Sad thing is the next lane says "pay only" . I have road rage with Michigan drivers (drive super slow in the fast lane/ swirve/ take up 2 parking spots/ drive around aimlessly) . Ok , that was my road rage moment for the day

love the state of Michigan but hate their goofy driving ways

Drove to the big city yesterday and saw plenty of dumb drivers.

Honestly though, there is already too much stuff in life that incites anger, or is rant worthy. There is nothing you can do to prevent the dumbness of others, just be aware, and do your best to not be one of the dumb ones.

I am originally from Manitoba but live in the LA area now. To be fair, driving around Winnipeg is almost worse than here.

I have several issues with people driving:

Not getting up to highway speed when merging onto the highway. I'm not saying speed up to like 80 but don't creep along at 30-40 then try to merge. I see this constantly and nothing is more sketchy than trying to merge onto highway that has traffic moving at 60-70 when you are stuck doing 40 behind an idiot. Same with driving on the highway and someone cuts in doing 40.

People in the left lane going below the speed limit. I was driving on 35 up to Duluth over the weekend and this idiot was in the left lane (two lane interstate) going 55, speed limit was 70 having a freaking conversation with the car in the right lane, blocking traffic.

Speeding up to block someone from merging. Haven't seen this as much in Minnesota but its just dangerous and stupid.

Not merging at the appropriate time. When there is a long line of cars all exiting and you speed up, pass all of them then slam on the brakes in the middle lane to cut in and slow everyone else down, you should have your license revoked.

All issues than can annoy someone, potentially create dangerous driving situations or cause traffic.

All of these happen everyday on the Florida roads, yesterday coming home from the shop after welding all day long in 90 deg high humidity weather I came to a stop light and I am in the left lane 1st one at the light. A car turns right at the light and goes to the left lane and is creeping along, my light turns green so seeing the car creeping about .25 mile ahead I move to the right to pass and this woman (who is on the phone) proceeds to speed up to block me and we are going 70 up this road and she will not let me by so I slow down to get behind her to make a left turn and she slows back down (again to block me) all the while on the phone. This could have been a very good time for road rage, but I gave her the international sign of love with both hands and moved on.

Not worth the jail time for doing what came to mind and yes it involved a high speed projectile.

Driving in BC you can see people drive through red lights, go through stop signs and swerve in and out all the time. I have seen many crazy antics and ignore it now. Like yesterday it was a green light for me, I see one guy trying to turn right at the crosswalk ahead, I slow down as I think he will try and speed in front of me. He didn't thankfully. We get to the light and hes like " bleep bleep bleep it was my turn you young bleep bleep bleep. It was actually my turn it a green light I reply and laugh. People are so rude and angry here all the time it makes me laugh and smile relax a bit you may enjoy life

And don't get me started on bicyclists and pedestrians that don't follow rules of the road either.

Had my best round of the year the other day. On my way home, driving normal, out comes a mini van decided to drive around like a speed demon, I'm just ignoring him. When it came time for me to swing to turning lane, he decided to brake check me, and then proceeded to give me the finger. This was completely unprovoked btw. So I gave him a piece of my mind, then he proceeded to get out of his car, all threatening, I said I was calling the cops on him, he got scared and decided to drive behind me so I wouldn't see his license plate.

Sometimes bad karma finds you I suppose.

Had my best round of the year the other day. On my way home, driving normal, out comes a mini van decided to drive around like a speed demon, I'm just ignoring him. When it came time for me to swing to turning lane, he decided to brake check me, and then proceeded to give me the finger. This was completely unprovoked btw. So I gave him a piece of my mind, then he proceeded to get out of his car, all threatening, I said I was calling the cops on him, he got scared and decided to drive behind me so I wouldn't see his license plate.
Sometimes bad karma finds you I suppose.

i apologize and won't do this again. Good round by the way

i apologize and won't do this again. Good round by the way

Bahahaha....Thx. yeah after shooting 46/34. A 1 under all par 1 chipped in birdie back 9. It's like I'm feeling at the top of the clouds and karma has to take me down a notch.

Road rage? Never heard of it.

And don't get me started on bicyclists and pedestrians that don't follow rules of the road either.

We have spent millions of bicycle lanes, yet they still insist on using lanes designed for cars. And they would never dream of stoping at a red light or stop sign, it is a huge problem here

Back