Golf Channel AM TOUR

smetlydc2

Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody play in this?

I live in the DC area and gave this some thought but didn't pull the trigger.

Was wondering if anyone wanted to share their experience?

Guessing I would be in the Sarazen flight.

Playing in my first event July 24th

Thanks. Let us know how it goes.

There are 1 and 2 day tournaments and from what I can tell it looks like courses are high quality. Green fees seem to be a tad more than normal green fees for same course.

Can't say I have played a tournament that didn't cost more than the green fee.

Never mind I think I know what you meant.

I haven't but several golf buddies have played in the DC area ones. They liked it for the most part but just stopped playing in them. Tournament staff do a good job of controlling sandbagging

Anybody play in this?

I live in the DC area and gave this some thought but didn't pull the trigger.

Was wondering if anyone wanted to share their experience?

Guessing I would be in the Sarazen flight.

The VSGA one day events are more fun. Prizes aren't as much but competition is good. The D.C. Am Tour plays some inexpensive courses that you end up paying $110 to play, VSGA plays a lot or Private members only courses for $58 to play. Am tour is $199 to join, VSGA is $40 and you get a GHIN USGA handicap and you get to compete in the USGA and VSGA qualifiers etc.

Love the GCAMTour. I've played on it for four years now. The tournaments really give you a good place to play straight up stroke competition. The guys I've met on the tour have become some of my best friends. I can answer any questions you have! I also did a live update thread for the "Sea Island" major in January if you'd like to check that out...

Follow Along & WIN: Golf Channel Amateur Tour Sea Island 2-day Tourney

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...com/forum/showthread.php?t=90249&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested as well. I'm looking to get more tournaments in my life around the DC area.

I play the GCAmTour. It is well run and a lot of fun. Their Major Championships are on some great golf courses as are most of their normal season tournaments. I have met some really great guys out there.

I know this reply is a little late but I played in the GC AM Tour for 2 seasons and really enjoyed myself. I played in the Baltimore, MD chapter and was able to win player of the year for my flight (JONES). one of the only down falls is the cost to participate, it gets very expensive very fast when your trying to qualify for Nationals. This season I have changed over to the Veterans Golfers Association so a can continue to play quality tournament golf at a much cheaper price.

These events still have my attention but I can't seem to sign up for some reason.

I’ve played on the gcam tour since 2013 and love it. I’ve played in nationals a few times and quite a few of the majors. I look forward to playing Every year

I think the true answer is what your ultimate goal in playing is. If you are looking to play in something that is widely known and well run, I think it's a great option. If you are looking to play in some competitive events for prizes, not sure the GC Am tour is your best option as the gift cards for the DC tour are for Dicks or Golf Galaxy. I like to play in the VSGA One-day events because you get to play some terrific public and private courses for just $49 or $59. The prizes aren't great for those, but the courses for the price can't be beat, plus there are always net and gross divisions. Purely for prizes, I think something like the TGAA Tour could be what you are looking for.

Playing in a gcam tour event today for the first time in a while. Mainly because it’s at a course thats very very private. But I love the competition!

Playing in a gcam tour event today for the first time in a while. Mainly because it’s at a course thats very very private. But I love the competition!

Go kick some tail! :good:

Back