2015 US Open Contest & Official Thread - Amazing Cobra PUMA Prizes

Glad to see that I had only 1 guy in fantasy miss the cut and 3 inside the top 5. Now for this contest, Rose and Fuyrk better pick it up! I think going out early may help them.

How many took Reed?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reed & Furyk here but there is still a long way to go. Anyone with both of their picks left in the contest is still in it IMO.

Last edited:
Reed is my lone survivor. I need a win and luck with the random draw

My goose is cooked... Both in the contest and in fantasy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My two contest players are still around. Reed and Walker. Walker by the skin of his teeth though. Needs to start moving on up. Hang in there Reed and grind this out.

JM

Reed vs Spieth could be a thing we hear for a long long time.
Golf is in a good place. Both interesting characters that are quite vocal on the course.

I'm an early fan of Finau, looking forward to seeing some solid coverage of him later today. Seems like a really good guy.

Golf is in a good place. Both interesting characters that are quite vocal on the course.
When I think of them I think "spirited", and in a good way. But I agree golf is in a very good place.

When I think of them I think "spirited", and in a good way. But I agree golf is in a very good place.

Imagine them paired up at the Ryder or Presidents Cup? Wowzers!

It really is, now we just have to hope that the media can take the stories and run with them rather than waiting on a washed up tiger and hoping to recycle the stuff they've used the past 15 years.
I'm an early fan of Finau, looking forward to seeing some solid coverage of him later today. Seems like a really good guy.
Dude can strike his ball. I'm a new early fan as well.

It really is, now we just have to hope that the media can take the stories and run with them rather than waiting on a washed up tiger and hoping to recycle the stuff they've used the past 15 years.
Thanks to poor journalism thats what we have now. Lack of creativity, a passion to write the story, and poor work ethics were faced with rinse and repeat no matter how bad it gets.

Imagine them paired up at the Ryder or Presidents Cup? Wowzers!

They were paired up at the last RC weren't they??

I like the pairing and feel like Speith is the angel & Reed is the devil, on each side of your shoulder. Not meaning that in any negative way, but feel like Patrick will be the one to take more risks and be more vocal. Either way we are very fortunate & agree Jman I hope the media can carve out stories other than the same recycled crap.

I picked Rose and Watson. Oh well. I am enjoying this US Open more and more. The first day the course and how it played didn't grab me. I loved the landscape from the 1st moment, but that's different from a course. But the more I watch, the more I am enjoying this course and the way players approach it. I think combo of new-to-golf Fox with such a different course has a learning and acceptance curve.

Spieth is so solid and consistent, and when Reed gets hot, wow, that guy becomes a birdie machine. And who else might pop to the top? Here we go!

I picked Rose and Shane Lowry.

Lowry was the dark horse to try to keep me separated from the pack for the THP contest. He's done his part.

Really wish that I went with my usual Patrick Reed pick now...

Still a few head scratchers though in yesterday's coverage. Dufner was -2 and they never showed a swing. Several others that were under par weren't shown either. I'm just tuning in today so maybe they are trying to rectify that. Sounds like it from what you guys are saying. Hope so.
This is why I've been enjoying the usopen.com video more. You can watch the feature holes so you can see all the players and the featured group so you can see the whole course. The PIP is nice for that. I just put it on the laptop and stream it to the big screen TV.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

I'm still good, I have Rose & Reed

This is why I've been enjoying the usopen.com video more. You can watch the feature holes so you can see all the players and the featured group so you can see the whole course. The PIP is nice for that. I just put it on the laptop and stream it to the big screen TV.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

From watching around 4pm on yesterday I thought they improved on several things from the first day. Did show more golfers, and kept the players score/hole up for longer time periods when playing their shot. Seemed like fewer commercials than some of the other networks, but thats just a feeling, could be my imagination. I still get annoyed at the long 10 to 15 minute recaps they do 3 or 4 times a day.

From watching around 4pm on yesterday I thought they improved on several things from the first day. Did show more golfers, and kept the players score/hole up for longer time periods when playing their shot. Seemed like fewer commercials than some of the other networks, but thats just a feeling, could be my imagination. I still get annoyed at the long 10 to 15 minute recaps they do 3 or 4 times a day.

I did catch one of those recaps Thursday evening. Thought it was weird.

With that said, Fox has obliterated the product that NBC has been offering for decades. It makes me cringe knowing that NBC is taking the Open Championship, though.

So far I've been happy with Fox, watching thru PC at work so far. I've been watching the featured groups with the featured holes on the PiP. They've had a couple of small things things like saying par putt when it's a birdie putt but I knew those things. I guess Holly is on the TV side because I haven't even heard her name.

I have Rose and walker left. So need some magic this weekend

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Great story just now on the golf channel on how Chambers Bay came about. What a great and crazy story. Makes me want to play this course even more. I should have that chance next year this time.

Back