Iron set - are these quality irons

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
I bought a set of irons at a yard sale this morning and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they were or are quality irons. They are 3-PW Tommy Armour 845s Silver Scot irons. They look in real nice condition. Even the grips are decent. I only paid $3.00 for them. Hard to pass up with the condition they are in.

I'd say you did alright. do some searches for TA 845s. these were a well loved iron in their day. And for $3, it wouldn't matter if they were cast Chinese K-mart clubs; you still came out ahead.

Great iron back in the day. Got a buddy that still plays the 845's. He still shoots an occasional round in the 70's with them. Can't beat the price you paid. If you don't like them, someone will probably pay 25-50 for them.

Excellent deal. I've played with a few guys who still game those. The 845s are right up there with the Ping Eye 2s when it comes to older clubs that still perform great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played those forever. I still keep an eye out for a cheap set just for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad for 3.00

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Now I'm curious. I'll have to take these 845s sticks to the range and see what they can do

For $3, there is nothing wrong with that at all!

I for one will be very curious to see the effects on your game of a matched set of irons. Great score for $3!

$3.00 for a set of clubs - great score! Who wouldn't like a set of clubs for the price of a golf ball.

Classic set of irons that may very well still have a cult following akin to the formerly mentioned Ping Eye2.

My dad rocked these for years! If nothing else, a little fun range session to test your skills for $3 is well worth it!

I played them for 15 years, 2 through the W3. Nice set that held up over time and you got a great deal.

Took these clubs to the range today to see what I could do with them. They worked out pretty good. My ball flight was straight with good distance with these 545s sticks and I sensed a good size sweet spot on them. Yet I don't envision them replacing the sticks which are currently in my bag, so I will probably be selling or trading them for something.

I used to play the 845s irons and played my best golf with them. I recently bought a set and found that I still hit them well and more accurately then my current set of irons. I am going to test them in a tournament next Saturday. It should be fun!

Back