Shaft Recommendations?

andrew_birdie

Reaction score
Handicap
Currently, in the market for a new shaft for my Ping G30. Have the standard shaft on it right now and with all this talk about the new Fujikura shaft's its getting me excited! If some one could lead me on the right path, that would be great. Not sure how to go about getting fitted for the right shaft but I know KBS, Fuji, Mamiya, are some of many that I've been looking at.

If anyone has some feedback lets hear it!!!!

What budget do have in mind ? Prices can vary from $19 to $800.

What budget do have in mind ? Prices can vary from $19 to $800.

Yea budget can play a huge factor.

I personally love Aldila shafts in woods, along with UST and Project X. All 3 have fitting tools on their website to try to narrow the choices, but IMO you can't really go wrong quality wise with any of them. Performance will obviously depend on how the given shaft fits your swing though.

Thanks man, I really don't have a budget. I would say $100 dollars or so. Nothing crazy. I was just looking for a few brands and take it from there. This is great info though, I'm currently broadening my shaft knowledge!

Project X Hzrdus seems to be hot ticket at the moment. Seems like most people can get on pretty well with either their Black/Yellow/Red options.

I currently have Graphite Design shafts in my driver/fairway/hybrid and also feel it's a company where most can find a model that works for them, although they do appear to be a bit more on the pricy side.

Thanks man, I really don't have a budget. I would say $100 dollars or so. Nothing crazy. I was just looking for a few brands and take it from there. This is great info though, I'm currently broadening my shaft knowledge!

Have you checked out the #ShaftUp events with UST Mamiya? The second one is coming up and it's all free. Free gear, fitting, lodging, and flight. I got lucky and was in the first one, it was awesome!

If they are right fit for you - Miyazaki and Graphite Design (particularly Tour AD) are some very good shafts. Then there are boutique makers like Talamonti or RT Technologies that still have some solid shafts floating around.

Back