Poll: Do you gamble when you golf?

Poll: Do you gamble when you golf?

• I'll put a few buck down if I'm pressured...

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • no way; I save my money for a beer at the turn.

Votes: 26 35.6%
  • I crave the action; give me every side bet too!

Votes: 19 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
The question is simple; are you into wagering on your game; or are you out for the pure enjoyment of hitting the ball?

We play a skins game or team thing with greenies, not big money at all but makes it fun to win a couple of bucks if your game is on.

Very rarely. I love the idea, but I feel twice as bad if I play like complete crap that day and lose everything.

I do but it's always pretty minor, $1 for team low and individual low, closest to the pin, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not as much as I should. I always will if offered but I don't always ask to. If I am playing with guys from my poker forum then it is a give there will be gambling. Don't seem to as often from guys from here. I love golf so honestly I am fine with either. These days I don't really play for any more than the round of golf cost.

Every now and then when playing with a certain group at my home course. Probably 6 or 8 times a year so less than 10% of my rounds.

I am not confident enough with my game to bet big money, although I would bet a little for s***s and giggles.

More often than not. Our group always plays for beers or food. Couple of member groups that are cash.

Almost every round I play has a little something on it. Our daily rounds have a cash pool, and even our MGA tournaments have a portion of the entry fee set aside for "pro shop dollars" that can be won. But, all of the wagers are small potatoes. I do not like side bets, however.

I said number 1. I'm never the one to suggest it, but if everyone else wants to I'll usually go with it.

I gamble every time I tee it up outside of THP events. I typically have at least 8 individual bets and a few team bets along with skins and stableford.

I love gambling on golf. It adds some incentive.

Not for cash.

I don't mind at all. I enjoy it sometimes as it make it alittle more interesting

Yep; almost every round. We try to always have some sort of game going. Never more then $20 or so on the line, though.

I rarely gamble on the golf course; however, after hacking it up for 16 holes yesterday, my buddy suggested we press the last two holes for $10/man. I finished par-par to win the cash (making a 10 footer on 18). Even something as small as $10 seemed to provide a little extra focus.

I love having a little skin in the game. Keeps me focused. 10/2 Automatic press at 2 down :)

I gamble about 50% of the time with one specific group of friends. We are all at a similar level, so there is always a real chance you could win (or lose). I really like having something on the line to help me focus on each shot.

I have another group of golfing friends that I never gamble with. That group actually includes my buddy and our sons (14 yrs old), so its probably not appropriate. Plus, my buddy in that group rarely keeps score and is probably a year or so away from being consistent enough to put any money on his game. When I play with him, I have to put pressure on myself by trying to beat a certain number so that I can stay focused.

I voted for number 1 but we play $5 for net, greenies, and skins for a total of $15 and sometimes individual groups play wolf on the side. We have an annual points and money list and player of the year. It's a lot of fun. I don't HAVE to have any action though and what we play for is harmless mostly.

JM

Not for much and not every time but it keeps things interesting

Have 2 weekly games for money. Will always play for something but am fine if nothing on the linr as well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

50% of the time yes. Mainly it's when I play with certain friends who like to play for money. Otherwise I like to play for a score.

If I play with my normally playing partner then yes. We bet every time. Normally $5 a hole. And since are are normally pretty evenly matched the most we ever win or lose is around $15-20. If I am by myself then no I rarely bet after I got taken by a one eyed old black guy when I was younger. He shot close to par.

Don't have any issues with some gambling on the course. There is so,etching going on in every group I play with periodically on sat

Back