Most embarrassing golf moment . . . And I was playing by myself!!

TripleF

Reaction score
Handicap
Playing a practice round this morning got to the 6th hole., Hit a substandard drive and had to hit a "knock-down" 4 iron to get to the middle of the fairway. But I couldn't get my 4 iron back in my bag!! The lining must have come loose or something. Anyway, got to my ball and had maybe 50 yards to the pin. Hit the shot a tad long. But I couldn't get wedge back in my bag either!! WTF? Got to the green (carrying my 4 iron and my 60°) . . . and couldn't get my putter out!! Tried for maybe 5 minutes. No luck! And no luck getting the 4 iron or the 60° back in either.

I simply walked off the course . . . pissed and embarrassed!

Yep. That's bad day.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hahahaha. Funny. Did you figure out the issue?

I can't imagine that happening, but I probably would have done the same thing.

Can't blame you...I'd probably done something similar or worse.

I think the lining somehow came loose. Once I got home I managed to get my clubs out! Hahaha! Time for a new bag!

Ouch. Mine was sending two balls into the parking lot on the first hole a few years ago. Luckily I didn't hit any cars. But damn I felt like an idiot.

It sounds like some of the golf interrupted dreams I have sometimes; (no room for stance or swing, no grip on the club, etc...) except yours was real.

Maybe it was your clubs telling you they want a new bag!

Maybe it was your clubs telling you they want a new bag!

Love it!! But they are going to be disappointed! I ordered 14 tubes that should fit in the "problem" bag!!!! Hahaha! That 'il show it!!!

Love it!! But they are going to be disappointed! I ordered 14 tubes that should fit in the "problem" bag!!!! Hahaha! That 'il show it!!!

Hmm.. Too bad you got the tubes, you could have gotten something fun like this!

0628758cf7450c23c1d05ac878f96b77.jpg

I'd pull a zack Johnson and dump the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My most embarrassing? At Golf Galaxy...they had a line of 8 simulator bays that curved like the outside of a baseball diamond. Topped a driver off the curve of the heel edge which shot left and barely missed a guy. Courtesy apologetic waive and straight to the car to avoid the death star from this guy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Have probably had quite a few embarrassing moments but I have become so good at zoning them out and putting them out of my memory that I cannot really remember most of them. The one I do was when I hit the ball from the white tee-off box (which I always use) and it ended up hitting the markers at the red tee-off box (red balls) and ended up from behind where I had originally teed up .. :D

I just laughed it off. Its golf .. stuff happens. And it happens even more when I am golfing.

Shopping for a new driver, brand new to the game. Took some test swings on the simulator and swung underneath the ball so bad that it clinked off the top of the driver and hit the ceiling. That's when I learned that I tee my balls too high.

Back