Please help solve my dilenma

JDW3

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been looking at getting a putting green for some a while now. From what I've read I would probably get a big moss. I am currently averaging 29.5 putts over my last 20 rounds. My putting is improving. I averaged 31.3 putts over my last 153 rounds (as far back as I have the stats). It would be nice to have during the long Canadian winters and my girlfriend and daughter could use it as well.

However I think my game could benefit immediately from a new 3 wood and hybrid. I currently have a TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood that's pretty worn and a TaylorMade Jet speed 19* hybrid. The hybrid is in pretty good condition but I am constantly hooking it. I'd like to get something with a little less offset.

I am currently a 6.8 handicap but would like to get below 5.

Unfortunately I don't have the funds to get all of them so my dilemma is do I get the big moss or do I get a 3 wood and hybrid?

Long time until the winter shows up. Get the clubs. Deal with the green if you can come October.

Long time until the winter shows up. Get the clubs. Deal with the green if you can come October.

That is kind of what I was thinking. I live only 5 minutes from a could so I can always go there to practice my putting during the summer.

JDW3,

Get the putting green...Golf is SHORT GAME, SHORT GAME, SHORT GAME.

I know but the RBZ has worn down a lot more than most clubs I've seen during that time. They were definitely not built to last.

Get the clubs now, get the Big Moss in the winter! Problem solved!

As somebody just up the valley from you, get the green. No question. Can always get better quality cheap clubs on kijiji or eBay if really needed.

Based on those 2 choices get the clubs. There are lots of ways to practice putting without an indoor putting green.

I went to Golf Town tried a few different options and ended up buying a Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 3 wood and a Callaway XR16 3 hybrid. The Cobra G6 was a close second but I was getting a little bit better ball flight with the XR. I'm excited to get these on the course. Hopefully the rain holds off tomorrow.

As for the putting green, maybe in October.

Last edited:
I went to Golf Town tried a few different options and ended up buying a Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 3 wood and a Callaway XR16 3 hybrid. The Cobra G6 was a close second but I was getting a little bit better ball flight with the XR. I'm excited to get these on the course. Hopefully the rain holds off tomorrow.

As for the putting green, maybe in October.
Hit them well! Good choices in clubs

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hit them well! Good choices in clubs

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thanks. I just got back from the range. I was hitting them both well both off the tee and off the ground. I'm very happy with my purchases.

Back