Another possible Terror Attack in London

I hate that I'm becoming numb to these incidents, and I hate that I honestly have NO IDEA where to get real, straight and true facts regarding any of these events. Everything I read is saturated with political and cultural slant and I feel like nobody is even able to use their own two eyes objectively anymore.

I can't wait for the "world leaders" to step up to a mic and "Condemn the attacks" while they do absolutely nothing to deal with the real issues at play here.

Our greatest threats are heart disease and cancer. Far more people die from them each year than die from terr0r attacks. The purpose of terr0r attacks are to make us give up our rights in the interest of security. When we do that, they win, and we are doing just that.

You can kill the people responsible, but this is about ideas, and you can't kill an idea with violence. You kill it with education. Ideas spread across borders. Today we have the Internet. Yet you can't follow everyone who looks up something related to terr0rism... or Islam... it's a religion and people have the right to believe in whatever superstition they want.

Interesting that the attack comes just days before an election. I have yet to read the identities of the terr0rists anywhere. People will be afraid and angry. And when people are afraid and angry they react and tend to vote more right wing. Am I saying it was staged? No. I'm saying it was interesting. If there's a government elected that's more hostile to the Muslim population in Britain, the terr0r organizations can use these for recruitment tools. Just saying.

You can't coexist with people who want to end your life and spread their diseased faith, the UK has turned a blind eye to the invasion of their nation for decades. The radicalization that takes place in local mosques, that should be under constant surveillance, is where this hatred is emanating from, the UK is today, tomorrow it's Germany or France or Italy, pick your nation that refuses to fight for it's sovereignty and way of life.

Been to a mosque, have you? Interesting you use the word hate, you seem quite consumed by it.

Been to a mosque, have you? Interesting you use the word hate, you seem quite consumed by it.

how could you NOT hate people who would do something like this? "people" does not = the entire religion, but it does apply to extremist religious ideologues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think the question is why with an election on the horizon would that elevate terror activity? doesn't make much sense to me either.

Trying to disrupt an election might not make much sense to you, it probably does to the terrorists. Of course it might just be coincidence that there has been 2 big attacks in the last 7 days.

I hate that I'm becoming numb to these incidents, and I hate that I honestly have NO IDEA where to get real, straight and true facts regarding any of these events. Everything I read is saturated with political and cultural slant and I feel like nobody is even able to use their own two eyes objectively anymore.

I can't wait for the "world leaders" to step up to a mic and "Condemn the attacks" while they do absolutely nothing to deal with the real issues at play here.

These factions of radical islamist are dead set on establishing a caliphate. They will stop at nothing to rod countries of their current beliefs and ideals and establish sharia law. Whiles it's a small percentage of radical Islamist I'm the world compared to non radical Muslims they are powerful and resourceful. Mosques, social media and any way they can find to turn ore people to their cause. Look at the numeber of Europeans who are returning home after stays in Syria and have become radiclaized. We have an issue here with that as well but not on the same level.

Then add in that the leaders of the "moderate" Muslims are doing nothing to condemn these acts and to help destroy the movement. When it all boils down to basics the end goal for these radicals is annihilation of the infidels and Islam to,rule the world.

The world leaders you talk about are ore worried about political correctness and not offending Muslims in an effort to have them not hate the west and to stop attacks. It doesn't matter how much they fail to speak out or act in a manner that will restore the true sovereignty of their birders and scale back immigration and refugees the radicalized faction will stop at nothing. They hate us already and trying to show them love isn't going to change their minds.

These factions of radical islamist are dead set on establishing a caliphate. They will stop at nothing to rod countries of their current beliefs and ideals and establish sharia law. Whiles it's a small percentage of radical Islamist I'm the world compared to non radical Muslims they are powerful and resourceful. Mosques, social media and any way they can find to turn ore people to their cause. Look at the numeber of Europeans who are returning home after stays in Syria and have become radiclaized. We have an issue here with that as well but not on the same level.

Then add in that the leaders of the "moderate" Muslims are doing nothing to condemn these acts and to help destroy the movement. When it all boils down to basics the end goal for these radicals is annihilation of the infidels and Islam to,rule the world.

The world leaders you talk about are ore worried about political correctness and not offending Muslims in an effort to have them not hate the west and to stop attacks. It doesn't matter how much they fail to speak out or act in a manner that will restore the true sovereignty of their birders and scale back immigration and refugees the radicalized faction will stop at nothing. They hate us already and trying to show them love isn't going to change their minds.

Wow, rupert murdoch has a lot to answer for.

Wow, rupert murdoch has a lot to answer for.

you obviously disagree, and i welcome a different perspective. i mean this sincerely: enlighten me on why any of what has been posted in here is incorrect. i genuinely want to know.

you obviously disagree, and i welcome a different perspective. i mean this sincerely: enlighten me on why any of what has been posted in here is incorrect. i genuinely want to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Here is an idea, let's follow theresa may with her 4 point plan. Let's do everything we have done before but with more force. Yeah, that's going to work great. I don't have the answer but repeating previous mistakes isn't going to work. If you believe that, you probably think the orange idiot is doing a great job. I can't believe I'm saying this but give me mike pence!

So this is what the debate thread is like!?

No quite sure where this turned into a storm political view thread but can't we just focus on mourning those that lost their life along with the families affected by their loss and leave the other stuff for another time in another thread?

Have been in contact with all of our friends that are currently living in London. Luckily, them, their families, and friends are all alright.

I suspect because there is a general election about to take place.

No offense but I think that's a little short sighted. Similar attacks occurred in GB in March and May, as well as France and Germany, if not elsewhere across Europe (honestly, there are so many it's easy to forget). There is a larger story at play here involving ISIS' use of technology (Internet) to influence Muslims to commit domestic terrorism using homemade bombs, knives and trucks, the latter two cannot be regulated / legislated to be safe. It's terrorism pure and simple - they are trying to create fear by proving that we are not safe in our everyday lives. The election is happenstance.

Remember, terrorist attacks are just part of what comes with living in a big city. I mean, that's what the new mayor of London says...

Remember, terrorist attacks are just part of what comes with living in a big city. I mean, that's what the new mayor of London says...

Well played for taking that comment right out of context.

Well played for taking that comment right out of context.

Please provide the context that makes that seem like a sensible statement.

Please provide the context that makes that seem like a sensible statement.

You know, I could try, but in this thread, it would be a complete and utter waste of time. I'll provide his quote, and if you still think the same, well......

09327ad35f435ca36fd24589fba10f6e.png

So he's telling people to prepare for terror attacks. Is that because he does nothing to stem the flow of invaders to a country that outlaws defending oneself efficiently? Even the street cops are stripped of reliable means of self defense and had to run away, leaving bar patrons to fight off their attackers with chairs. I fear how many people would have been killed had it not been for the one brave officer you stuck around and used his baton to try to fight them off.

So he's telling people to prepare for terror attacks. Is that because he does nothing to stem the flow of invaders to a country that outlaws defending oneself efficiently? Even the street cops are stripped of reliable means of self defense and had to run away, leaving bar patrons to fight off their attackers with chairs. I fear how many people would have been killed had it not been for the one brave officer you stuck around and used his baton to try to fight them off.

Seriously mate, where are you getting all your info from?
As any responsible leader would be saying, yes, they need to be prepared. That means the police need to be on high alert, the emergency services need to be on standby and people need to be alert. You think that's wrong?????
The flow of invaders that you talk about? I'm not aware of this flow. However, just to explain how my country works, the Mayor Of London doesn't control the national immigration policy. We have someone called a Prime Minister that does that.
To claim the police ran away, is quite frankly offensive!!!! Those brave enough to wear the uniform (both police and ambulance service) ran towards danger not having a clue what they were running into. It's digesting to claim they ran away, utterly disgusting!
There are armed cops in London. From the moment the first call was made to the death of the last terrorist was 8 minutes!!! You clearly aren't aware of what goes on over the pond, but to give you an idea, the attacks took place in an area that would have been packed with pub goers on a Saturday night. You may think 8 minutes is unacceptable, I'd like to see a police force anywhere in the world end this any quicker. Ant by the way, if you think the British Police think they should be armed, the majority of British Police themselves don't!
Your post pretty much sums up the complete and utter total misunderstanding of what actually went on. I can't believe what I just read LOL. These type of threads always end up going exactly the same way.

While you may find the claim of police running away offensive, that doesn't make it any less true. Dave Kopel of The Guardian tweeted that unarmed police were running away, as reported by The Gateway Pundit. I'm aware the mayor of London doesn't control immigration policy, but he certainly isn't advocating against stemming the flow of refugees who are known to be infiltrated by jihadists.

Maybe I'm insulated by my bubble of freedom, but 8 minutes for an armed response, by police or anyone else, is unacceptable. When you have seconds to live, the police are just 8 minutes away. You can start counting now to get an idea of what unfettered knife wielding terrorists can accomplish in that amount of time while everyone is waiting for the good guys to show up.

There was a shooting at a company in Orlando this morning. Deputies from the Orange County Sheriff's Office responded in two minutes.

Maybe I'm insulated by my bubble of freedom, but 8 minutes for an armed response, by police or anyone else, is unacceptable. When you have seconds to live, the police are just 8 minutes away. You can start counting now to get an idea of what unfettered knife wielding terrorists can accomplish in that amount of time while everyone is waiting for the good guys to show up.

My apologies for correcting you once again, but that 8 minutes wasn't a response time. The incident was over in 8 minutes.

My apologies for correcting you once again, but that 8 minutes wasn't a response time. The incident was over in 8 minutes.

Is that to imply that people just hung out for a while before alerting police? Did the police that were there and ran away not call in three masked men running down groups of pedestrians and then running around attacking the crowd with edged weapons? Or was it over and they stopped stabbing people before the armed police came and shot them?

Back