More weight on left leg during address

Yenz

Reaction score
Handicap
A friend suggested this during our game as my divots are rarely after the ball and there's hardly any compression for my iron shots. I'm poor with weight shifts and I tend to hit fat shots when I miss. Experimented with his advise and ball contact improved greatly with more penetrative ball flights.

is this something worth doing? Or am I getting myself into trouble down the road?

A friend suggested this during our game as my divots are rarely after the ball and there's hardly any compression for my iron shots. I'm poor with weight shifts and I tend to hit fat shots when I miss. Experimented with his advise and ball contact improved greatly with more penetrative ball flights.

is this something worth doing? Or am I getting myself into trouble down the road?

You're going to have no where to go if this fix starts to fail. Read my thread on driving the rear knee to trigger weight shift.

I fight this problem also. When you are standing around waiting for something, say, waiting to check out at the store, do you favor your right side? If so what feels like a balanced stance at address may actually be a 40/60 or more bias toward your right side. Putting more weight forward may just be another way of telling you to get more balanced in your weight distribution.

Back