2015 US Open Contest & Official Thread - Amazing Cobra PUMA Prizes

Need that UA pullover Jordan has on right now.

Everytime I see those Callaway bags it just makes me want one. Those are sweet.

latest
Don't insult Plinko like that!

hahahaha just seeing this.

Someone tell me that's good for the US Open or 'a fair challenge' for the players.

The more stuff like this happens, the more the U.S. Open becomes my least favorite major. Test the players to the max, sure. But, make it fair. No one has a problem on tour with hard but fair.

If I wanted to watch 5-6hr rounds and bad play, I'd just play golf at a local muni on a holiday.

What makes it "whining" when a player offers his opinion on the course?

Maybe Sergio's twitter rants could take it there.... But if you're asked about course conditions, and share that the greens are a mess, is that whining? I don't think so.

I really don't even think Sergio's tweets were too whiny...cause, they were pretty much true and exactly what everyone else has been saying.

I just really hope they can fix it. I don't know how you make them smoother right now short of ripping them out overnight and replacing them with bent grass.

This is BY FAR the best thread and read on THP in a long time. Very entertaining and informative. Good job guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The more stuff like this happens, the more the U.S. Open becomes my least favorite major. Test the players to the max, sure. But, make it fair. No one has a problem on tour with hard but fair.

If I wanted to watch 5-6hr rounds and bad play, I'd just play golf at a local muni on a holiday.

I look forward to seeing what the USGA does next year. It's clear that trying to make the US Open play like the Open hasn't gone all that well.

The rounds being crazy long have to be a combination of endless bad breaks (on a course designed to give bad breaks), bad putting surfaces, and crazy elevation changes.

I look forward to seeing what the USGA does next year. It's clear that trying to make the US Open play like the Open hasn't gone all that well.

The rounds being crazy long have to be a combination of endless bad breaks (on a course designed to give bad breaks), bad putting surfaces, and crazy elevation changes.

Next year is at Oakmont, last time there was a really good open IMO. Hoping they don't USGA it too much

Looks much greener this morning.

Sorry, green-ier.

I agree about the greens. I don't mind the course browning out and letting it play firm and fast, but when they show close ups of the ball on the green and it looks like it does on TV, I can't imagine what it's like in real life. They look bad. When a pro can't get a 5 foot putt to hold the line (multiple golfers, multiple times), there's a problem.

I read this morning that they have 21 extra minutes of walking from green to tee built in, that's just a crazy amount of time contributing to the alow rounds.

Featured Holes video is up & running on USOPEN.COM

I read this morning that they have 21 extra minutes of walking from green to tee built in, that's just a crazy amount of time contributing to the alow rounds.

and it's relatively unsafe, especially in the afternoon. Two caddies down in the practice rounds confirms that.

I'm surprised Tiger didn't tear a glute yesterday when he jumped on that mound.

and it's relatively unsafe, especially in the afternoon. Two caddies down in the practice rounds confirms that.

I'm surprised Tiger didn't tear a glute yesterday when he jumped on that mound.

what hapenned to the caddies?

I agree about the greens. I don't mind the course browning out and letting it play firm and fast, but when they show close ups of the ball on the green and it looks like it does on TV, I can't imagine what it's like in real life. They look bad. When a pro can't get a 5 foot putt to hold the line (multiple golfers, multiple times), there's a problem.

And yet Stenson had 5 one putts on his way to the house yesterday. DJ stating that he loved the course set up right now. Of course, they are the 2 sitting at -5 right now. Looking forward to seeing if the greens continue to roll like they did yesterday. Doesn't seem like a lot of time to get things corrected but does the USGA want to correct anything?

what hapenned to the caddies?

Two of them fell in the Wed practice rounds and got injured. One was unable to carry yesterday (Steven Gallacher's caddie)

I love it too. To me, it's much better than, oh look, they're at Winged Foot, Pebble, Congressional, etc. with the same set up they played 5 years ago when it was here the last time. The USGA no doubt makes some bold moves, but I've enjoyed the heck out of what they've been doing. I can't wait for Erin Hills in a few years.

For me, greens should be green - or at least greenish. And should roll truer than these. The rest of the course I have 0 problems with. ( Although personally it doesn't appeal to me ) I do like that they are playing some different courses though!

My wife, who just started playing, said yesterday that if that is how all courses looked, she wouldn't play. Just curious, I wonder how many casual golfers feel the same way?

12 is such a great golf hole.

next year will your typical US open setup. I truly believe it. I think the only reason you can see the similarities to The Open is based on the courses played. But I doubt you will see Oakmont or Winged Foot play like that. I love the elevation changes. It's certainly a hard course to get around physically(based on time of play, length, elevation). I also think it's funny, because I think we saw yesterday some bad shots get beneficial bounces and turn out good where on normal US Open venues they probably would have been heavily penalized(see Fowler's 2nd shot of the day). Normal US Open that thing is shanked in to deep rough and he's pitching out instead of running and using a slope to run to the green.

I'm enjoying this tournament. I think you either appreciate different styles of golf or you don't. If you don't and expect the typical one dimensional course, you're obviously going to not enjoy this. The greens need to be improved, but the rest of the set up has been enjoyable to watch for me.

next year will your typical US open setup. I truly believe it. I think the only reason you can see the similarities to The Open is based on the courses played. But I doubt you will see Oakmont or Winged Foot play like that. I love the elevation changes. It's certainly a hard course to get around physically(based on time of play, length, elevation). I also think it's funny, because I think we saw yesterday some bad shots get beneficial bounces and turn out good where on normal US Open venues they probably would have been heavily penalized(see Fowler's 2nd shot of the day). Normal US Open that thing is shanked in to deep rough and he's pitching out instead of running and using a slope to run to the green.

Yeah, that was definitely ridiculous (and lucky). I genuinely look forward to what Oakmont has to offer.

This made me laugh today. The caption was "Just do it"

CH2MKn7UAAA8Bw8.jpg:large

Back