The best shot of the round

The 5-some in front of us waved for me and my buddy to hit up on the 150 yd par 3 5th at Fyre Lake. Slight breeze into and out of the left. I just dropped a ball on the tee and hit a perfect little carved 8-iron to about 8 feet past and to the right of the pin. I lipped out the putt for birdie but tapped in for an easy par.

Par 3 5th today from 155 yards. Hit a PW to about a foot and spun back to about 5 feet.

Birdie putt lipped out but loved the swing I had on the tee shot.

Par 3 5th today from 155 yards. Hit a PW to about a foot and spun back to about 5 feet.

Birdie putt lipped out but loved the swing I had on the tee shot.

Nice shot!

18th hole today, 255 yd drive with a nice fade to the 150 yd post left me 120 to the hole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

460 yard par 4 6th
I hit a decent (not bad, not great) drive in the fairway leaving me with 210 downhill to a nasty green. Ball was above my feet and on a downslope. I pulled 5i and hit a seeing-eye draw that landed at the front of the green and released to the back pin leaving me 8 feet for birdie.

134 yards over a tree to here for a birdie
a44220524b129358ea22051d6b394544.jpg

Also hit 2 drives over 260 today which is a bomb for me.

3813f9aaa24d50ead69b6bf4b326085e.jpg
Par 3, 185 yards, 5i.

So close to my first ace! As the ball rolled towards the cup my heart stopped beating for a second... It was straight on line, but had just too much speed. Hit the flagstick, and ended up a solid yard from the cup.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Great shot mash!

Had two shots yesterday that made me smile:

9i from the FW 130y downhill. Ball mark was pin high 6 inches left of the hole; ended up about with a 10 footer - which I missed... tap in for par, walk off disgusted ;-)

The other was a 30y pitch with my sand wedge over a bunker to a tight pin. Checked up to 5 feet and made the putt for par.

Uphill Par 5 (first time playing it) decent result! The rest of the round tho...we wont talk about :banghead:

5o5kjs.jpg

Had 160 to the front edge on a par 3 that I might have birdied once in my life and hit a 9i that got a little help from the wind. Nice, high draw that was tracking the whole way. Landed just short of the pin about a foot to the right and ended up about 5ft behind the hole. Drained the left to right putt down the hill for the bird.

Played The Heritage Club in Pawleys Island yesterday. On #8 and far right pin placement hit 9i from 140* to 2 inches. Almost my 3rd ace.

9th hole today. Par 5. 205 to pin. Slightly uphill. Ball in viewable but has grass behind so clean contact is doubtful. 815 20* hybrid to 4 ft for eagle putt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Par 3, #16. 151 yards. Put the 7i three feet to the right of the pin. Left me with a five foot putt. Birdied the hole.

75efa86418a2019677db657f87517620.jpg

189y par 3, 17 hole of Bethpage Black. Surrounded by bunkers and fescue I wanted the ball to drop straight down with little roll. Attempted a shot that I have never done before. Raised the tee and wanted to hit up on the ball with my 6i as if I were teeing off with a driver. The results was awesome, ball landed on the backside of the green and I walked away with a happy par.

7 iron from 173 to an elevated green to feet from the hole, chalk up the bird!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

442 yard par 4 which plays downhill for the second shot. Had a good drive and was 187 from a front pin. Hit a solid drawing 5i that landed just short, released forward and trickled to 4 feet. Made the putt for an unlikely birdie on the #3 handicap hole. Bam!

Good drive on a Par 4, left me a little over 100 yards to the Pin. A 58 wedge to about 3 feet

9c65566b2c5c559791576b8ea57e0546.jpg

I had a severe side hill lie on an approach from 178. The ball was sitting above waist high, but the ball was sitting up a little bit in the rough.

I held my spine angle and muscled the shot onto the green about 15' from the pin.

Three from today.

The first, a 164ish yard 8 iron that spun back and across the face of the hole. Stopped about three feet away. Thought it was an HOI moment!
The second, a 40ish footer double breaker up and back down a hill that went draino for EAGLE BEAGLE!!!!!! Awesome.

And the third, the one I'm most happy about... I watched my dad hit a 9 iron from 135 yards hit the green, spin left and forward, and disappear into the cup.... OH MAN!!! It was so awesome. I shouted a lot and probably injured him but I was so ridiculously happy. He did it on the hardest handicap hole as well. What a great moment.

#5, 6-iron, 155 uphill to a back tier. About six feet and converted the bird!

#9, hybrid from 174 to 10 feet. Grazed the edge for the bird. Easy par.

JM

Spun a 48* wedge back (or it rolled back) and saw it ride the lip on #2 for what should have been an ace.
Or a drive straight pounded on #4, caught the down slop of the hill and kept rolling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Friday: 70 at Walden on Lake Houston CC - best shot was a 7-iron from 169 on the 18th. Stuck it to 3 feet for the birdie.
Saturday: 77 at The Golf Preserve at Atascocita - after a smother-hook 3-wood on #12, I hit a 229-yard hybrid over the houses on the left and played a big cut to find the green for a really unexpected birdie.

Hit a bad tee shot on the tough par 4 14 at Olde Point. Tee shot went right, clipped a tree and came to rest (inbounds) just left of the 13th tee box. This left me a 195 carry over a large pond straight into a 15 mph breeze. Grabbed the new XR 4 wood and made a nice shot to the front fringe (front pin), salvaging a par.

Tommy

3d hole for our sunday group, 2 man scramble. Partner hit a nice shot onto green, sank 18 footer for birdie. Then our opponents let us "know" that this was match play, not stroke play, so it didn't really matter since we'd already won the hole. Still though, it was a great putt.

~Rock

Hit some greens, but nothing really close. Had a chip hit the stick and bounce off a few feet away.

Back