LinkSoul Apparel - THP Review

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review is a combination of the Summer 2017 collection and their "Make Par Not War" apparel. I must say, I get a very quick sense of quality and comfort when they get out of the box, and that is a mentality that followed me to the golf course last night. More on the shortly...

Who Is LinkSoul?
Linksoul is more of a philosophy than a brand. It is the collective life's work of a group of people that care about each other and enjoy collaborating. We believe in making things with our hands, with the people we love, for the good of our families and our surroundings.

We come from a long line of golfers, craftsmen and artists. It is our idea that through these practices we can learn the most about ourselves. The word "linksoul" comes simply from the term "links soul", which was an expression of the combination of virtues we found through playing golf... and now seek in whatever we do. Our mission is to reconnect people to the soul of the game.

John Ashworth began playing with the idea of Linksoul over twenty years ago while building Ashworth, Inc. After leaving Ashworth, and following a long and winding road through several creative endeavors from course design in Scotland, to designing Quiksilver's golf apparel line, Fidra, and back to Ashworth again for another run. Through it all he collected an all-star team, and with them continued to nurture and grow this idea of Linksoul. Together, after years of conceptualizing, collecting, developing and designing, we are very pleased to birth Linksoul.

After several laps around the track, we're looking to expand beyond the current definitions of "business as usual" when it comes to making and selling goods and participating as a socially and environmentally responsible company within the community. It's no longer just about golf, it's about everything. (...but golf is still mandatory on Fridays.)

What's Here

The Revolution Tee
0607171651a-X2.jpg

Make Par Not War Trucker Hat
0607171649-X2.jpg

Performance Heathered Short Sleeve Knit Shirt
0607171651b-X2.jpg

Drytech Cotton Blend Short Sleeve Shirt
0607171652a-X2.jpg

Solid Boardwalker Short
0607171651-X2.jpg

0607171650b-X2.jpg

Floral Printed Boardshort
0607171649c-X2.jpg

I LOVE all of that. Big linksoul fan.

First encounter with this brand. I dig the look!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I love everything that arrived. Some of it is definitely outside of my typical realm, especially the fabrics, but I am excited to try them and diversify my wardrobe a bit.

For yesterday's 9 hole round, I opted for the Performance Heathered Short Sleeve Knit Shirt, which is a full button up golf shirt. Kind of wild, right?! While it wasn't the only piece of clothing I wore as a top (cooler temps = 1/4 zips), I wore it throughout the evening at home and was really impressed with how comfortable it was, and it has slightly narrower arm widths which suits my frame gloriously.

I also wore the boardwalker shorts, which looks like it could fit in with any golf specific short out there. I am kind of shocked by the name now, and considering they define it as a 'hybrid' short, I think they nailed it. There's a bit of stretch to the material, but it's not audible when walking or too soft to accommodate a cooler day.

The early stages of next week are going to bring some serious heat, which will be a great test for the materials. I'll follow up after my weekend rounds and hopefully by then everyone will get a chance to check out the full lineup at http://linksoul.com/New-Arrivals.aspx

Liking the style, boardshorts are right up my alley .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LinkSoul Apparel - THP Review

I am a huge fan of Linksoul and have a ton of their stuff in my closet already.

One thing about their fabrics, I much prefer their cotton t-shirts to their poly/blend t-shirts (for a couple of reasons); but for the collared shirts, I can find different uses (golf, casual, and work) for each of them and wouldn't hesitate crossing those lines between fabrics. What I mean by that is I bought a drytec polo which has their moisture wicking properties in it, but there is still enough cotton blend that I wear it both on the course and off (some other brands go too far with their moisture wicking material IMO).

I also have two pairs of board walker shorts, one of which I use exclusively as swim trunks--which is wild.

Obviously, I'm a fan.

I have 3 or 4 pair of Boardwalker shorts in various colors. I absolutely love them. Have a t-shirt on the way as well. Really like Linksoul clothing!

This is one brand that I love almost everything I see but I have never pulled the trigger on. I think that needs to change

Crazy jealous of you for this review my brother.

I love Linksoul. I was introduced to them when I was a short par 4 customer. I only have 3 polo's but that will change for sure in the future. I love how they are a little bit longer than normal polo's and they are really soft fabric that is awesome. I don't even wear them golfing, I only wear them as a nice casual shirt. If you are looking for a shirt for golf I would stick to Adidas, Nike, Under Armour. If you are looking for a shirt that you don't want to get dirty on the golf course but is perfect for Friday night cocktails I would try out Linksoul.

I LOVE all of that. Big linksoul fan.

^^^^ This!!! I just picked up a polo a boardwalker short in black and another LS Knit. Basically my wardrobe is being reduced to two brands Linksoul for off course and work and puma for my on course gear.

I love everything that arrived. Some of it is definitely outside of my typical realm, especially the fabrics, but I am excited to try them and diversify my wardrobe a bit.

For yesterday's 9 hole round, I opted for the Performance Heathered Short Sleeve Knit Shirt, which is a full button up golf shirt. Kind of wild, right?! While it wasn't the only piece of clothing I wore as a top (cooler temps = 1/4 zips), I wore it throughout the evening at home and was really impressed with how comfortable it was, and it has slightly narrower arm widths which suits my frame gloriously.

I also wore the boardwalker shorts, which looks like it could fit in with any golf specific short out there. I am kind of shocked by the name now, and considering they define it as a 'hybrid' short, I think they nailed it. There's a bit of stretch to the material, but it's not audible when walking or too soft to accommodate a cooler day.

The early stages of next week are going to bring some serious heat, which will be a great test for the materials. I'll follow up after my weekend rounds and hopefully by then everyone will get a chance to check out the full lineup at http://linksoul.com/New-Arrivals.aspx

I will be following your thoughts religiously Dan, so glad (jealous) that you have these in for review, excited to hear your thoughts.

I also like the history and background of the brand as well as their partnership with Goat Hill Park in Oceanside, CA

My favorite brand! Love their materials and the fit.

Have a few things in the closet, including t-shirts that are Linksoul and I have been very impressed with them.

I think I need to try some of their Boardwalker shorts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I could definitely wear any of the review items. Looking forward to hearing how they hold up long term.

Doesn't LinkSoul run a bit toward the "athletic" fit? I'm usually an XL at least in the shoulders for most brands. However, I have a little extra "Duffer" around the middle right now which precludes a tapered shirt.

I could definitely wear any of the review items. Looking forward to hearing how they hold up long term.

Doesn't LinkSoul run a bit toward the "athletic" fit? I'm usually an XL at least in the shoulders for most brands. However, I have a little extra "Duffer" around the middle right now which precludes a tapered shirt.

I would agree with that shape, especially in the arms so far as I can tell.

That said, I was really satisfied with their definition of 34. Some companies are a re-defined 32-33 rather than 34. These fit beautifully.

Whoa... Crazy. I just heard about this company today, then I see them on thp. It's like the world wants me to buy their products.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

The button collared polo's are my favorite. have really been liking those this year.

Yes they do

I would agree with that shape, especially in the arms so far as I can tell.

That said, I was really satisfied with their definition of 34. Some companies are a re-defined 32-33 rather than 34. These fit beautifully.

Agree 100% on the shorts fit

I have the revolution tee. It's one of my favorite shirts. So comfortable.

I am currently "all in" on Linksoul. I have 4 pair boardwalker shorts..2 pair boardwalker pant..7 polos...and 2 hats. Everyone is awesome. I think its top notch stuff in quality and style. They run a heavy amount of promos as well so be on the look out.

I wore the Drytech Cotton Blend Short Sleeve Shirt this Sunday in nearly 90 degree weather. I was surprised how easy it was for the wind to break through the material early on to keep me cool, and I really didn't struggle with the heat which is fantastic for a cotton blend.

Fit wise, it's a bit more of a loose fit than what I was expecting, which I think is a good thing for a lot of golfers. It sat very comfortably in every area and didn't bunch around the waist. The cotton inevitably makes wrinkles come into play, but my steamer cleared them quickly and efficiently before wearing.

I also wore the revolution tee Sunday evening, and loved it. That type of shirt is my favourite, and I wasn't disappointed at all with the comfort and quality.

Great thoughts Dan. Might have to buy more linksoul lol

Thanks for the thoughts, Dan. I do love me some LinkSoul. I saw that Steve Kerr had one of their tee shirts on during his pregame speech with the team last night....he won the NBA championship as a result. Coincidence? Hmmmmmm

Really good thoughts Dan. I'm about to grab a few T's for sure.

Back