The best shot of the round

150 yard par 3 to about 7'

This was Monday, 36* Hogan to a downhill par 3

10a85e16c1ce628aa27938691fb7a136.jpg

My best shot of yesterday was definitely 3d hole. Have to get a 6 iron over a very large tree to a small, 20 yard green. So, 3d hole, par 3, 6 iron, carried 181 to very front edge of green, released a bit. It is rare for me to hit such a small target and have it hold the green (green runs away from you about halfway through it). I was extremely happy. Just missed the birdie putt, but a par on that hole is gaining a stroke on the field, so I was happy.

~Rock

9I into the wind with about 125 yards to the pin. Landed it 7' away about about 1 yard past the pin. It stuck and was only about 2' from the ball mark, loved the trajectory. Oh, I also knocked in a 37' putt with about a 16" left to right break.

131 yards perfect 9 iron with some found precept. Stuck ping high 2 feet. Made birdie.

Entire hole (555 yard par-5) was good:
-290 yard drive that split the fairway
-275 left, layed up with a 5i. About 190 yards, middle of the fairway
-80 yards left, hit my 60*, about 6 feet short
-Made the putt for birdie

My best yesterday was a 7 iron from 187 to about twelve feet that led to my only birdie

I hit most of my irons and wedges really well today, and long for me. I had 180 with a little wind behind, and pulled 7i to about 10'. I had 136 in some rough, a little downwind, and hit gw to 8' (flyer city in the rough today). I had 137 on #17, no wind, and thought "I'll hit a sawed off 3/4 push draw with wedge" and pulled it off perfectly to 4' below the hole for my birdie only birdie of the day. on the 385y tight #18, I hit my tee shot ob and re-teed, smoking (for me) my 3rd shot off the tee down the middle to 120 and hit a spinny 52 to 10' but missed the putt. as well as I hit my irons, I missed a lot of putts, and couldn't drive the ball for sh1t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First round with the TM SLDR Mini TP in the bag and was waved through a twosome on the tee box. Nothing worse than being waved through and you hit a bad shot. No pressure...

I hit the best one of the day with the mini, a nice lazy draw, for about 260 total, perfect position on the right side of the fairway. It was a bend down and pick the tee up/walk off the box before it lands because you know it's so good, kind of shot. "Thanks guys, I'll be out of your way shortly..."

My last hole I hit a hosel rocket off the tee on a par 3. Went through the woods and onto the other fairway. Had 110 left over a huge pine tree with a bunker directly in front of the pin and hit a smooth PW to here and made the par putt.

dcf8b3b9b9fc7d90562931f32659f4b4.jpg

168 into breeze, XR 5h thin heeled to here:

22742bae099b8bcf30aaa5cafcc6f2f6.jpg

230 to the green and hit the Adams pro mini to about 5 feet for eagle!

HIt a absolutely dead solid perfect 18° hybrid - it was glorious. Reminds me of the DJ commercial ... "don't ask me to hit it any harder, because I caint"

249 out for my 2nd shot on a par-5. Attempt 1 was OB, but on the 2nd attempt, I hit a high fade and stuck it to 8-feet. I missed the eagle/par though...

Got in a fairway bunker with an above the feet lie. Range finder said 168 to the flag. Caught the ball clean and landed it to somewhere between 10-15 ft and on the green. Two-putt for par. Considering the lie, it was my shot of the year, so far.

Best shot today had to be my approach on the #1 handicap par 5 11th. Double dog leg, left then back right. All tree lined. Had 163 in. Pin was middle left. Hit a high majestic 9 iron to about 8ft. Buckets for the eagle!

Mini 1.5 off the deck on a par 5, 276 to the middle, ended up 25 yards from the green.

And no, not all roll.

Yesterday I 199 to a front flag on a par 3 where the tee shot comes out of a chute of trees. Hit a high 5 iron with a little draw that bounced on the front of the green and stopped pin high.

Drained a 20 foot downhill right to left putt for birdie.

225 out on a par 5. Pull hybrid and land just short of the green, rolling up pin high. Lip out the putt, 2 foot putt for second birdie in a row.

Back