What Are the Fastest Greens You've Played

I was amazed that relative to the hardness of the greens, Neshanic Valley had slow greens to putt on with little break.

I Agee. I couldn't hold the greens very well on my approach shots, but they weren't fast. Just hard!

Dan told me they were slow, I think he is trying to already trick me for when I do down to play with him :p

Dye Preserve in Jupiter roll at 13 and probably faster than the Blue Monster. I definitely putted better the second time around.

My home track usually is around 8-9 but the greens are sloped back to front on most holes, so downhill is always much faster than people anticipate, and usually leads to bogey or worse. For a state qualifier or the club championship, they'll get them up to 10-11, and that is honestly about as fast as they could go while keeping the course set up fair.

Fastest though would be my grandfathers club. Even after a thunderstorm they were like glass and the ball always holds its line. I like fast greens.

Played a club championship where they rolled and cut the greens, but then the weather turned very chilly and windy that morning. Greens that were supposed to be quick in general turned significantly quicker than the course was anticipating. People were putting off of greens the first few holes.

I Agee. I couldn't hold the greens very well on my approach shots, but they weren't fast. Just hard!
Agree with speed, but I really didn't have an issue holding the greens. They told me they would be in the 9-10 range but I'd say they were <9.

Fastest I've putted was Merion, a few weeks after the US Open in 13. I'd say they were 12 +

I played a tournament a while back and the greens were officially 12.5 , best I've ever putted. The greens were so smooth, luckily not massively undulating greens otherwise it'd have been a different story altogether.

I played Aronimink the week after Tiger's tournament was held there in 2012, they were at 12.5 and it was so nice putting on them, true roll and they held their line so well.

Our greens today were right at 12.5 and it is early in the season. Our Pro told me today, 12 is what he is after and he admits that he lets them get away a little at times and they have been over 14 before.

My club had the USGA and the AzGA out to rate the course last month. They played in a group about 5 behind me on a Tuesday afternoon.
They wrote a report that stated that the greens that day were running at 11.5 stimp. While I do not think that is the fastest greens I have played, it took me a month or two before I was used to the speed.

The fastest, most true greens I ever played are at the Dormie Club, outside of Pinehurst NC. #2 was pretty fast, too, but I thought Dormie Club greens were faster and truer (if that is a word).

CC my buddy is a member at in Pinehurst has the speed of the greens on a board with the pin positions at the first tee. They have always been either 11 or 12 when I've played there. They are definitely the fastest I've played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played the Golf Club of Houston the day after the Shell Houston open was played & those were running about a 12-13 if I had to guess. I've played there several times and usually run about a 10 & these were noticeably faster.

According to the head pro at the club I played this weekend, the greens were rolling at 11+ in the morning and baked out yesterday afternoon to be at 13.

All I know is they were brutally fast - really, they were too fast for normal play (this was a special event). On several holes it was entirely possible to roll the ball off the green and it was almost impossible to hold a green on any hole with anything more than a wedge.

In my tournament yesterday the greens were at 12...aka concrete. Today they are expected to be 12 or 13

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

12ish , rock hard in the desert. Holding a wedge from a real treat

I played Oakmont the year after the Open. The caddie told me that the greens were typically kept faster than tournament conditions, and the rough was a little higher too. He said greens were 12 or 13 that day. It was awesome.

Troon North last fall with Rambler and Spivey are the fastest greens I remember playing.
No idea what they were running on the stimp meter though.

I've played Whisper Rock in Scottsdale at 14. But the fastest greens I've ever played were at Alhmbra GC in Orlando in the late 70's. I missed a 6' putt about 5" to the right on one hole; the ball was at a complete stop and the wind blew it in.

I played The Harvester (Rhodes, IA) with friend of mine 1-week prior to US Senior Open Qualifier in 2007. Greens were rolling 13.5-14.0.

Aldeen in Rockford has 12-13 often but the quickest would have been Stonewall Orchard before a US Open qualifier.... Running 13.5-14. Loved it.

For me it was Pinehurst #2 in February. Temperature was 27 fevers when I teed off and and the greens were like glass-mostly because they were painted green and dormant Bermuda. I've never hit the ball so softly and seen it roll so far.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

The University Club in Baton Rouge. It's LSU's home course. They run around 12-14 and if you are on the wrong quadrant then you are lucky to two putt.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Fastest I played was 13.5-14 in Spain. As I just started playing golf, and most courses in my area rarely exceed 8, I was really struggling. Don't think I've ever had more putts in a round.

had the pleasure to play Colonial in Fort Worth last August. greens were in perfect shape and lighting fast. downhill putts were almost impossible. gave me so much more repect for the pros. i'm not the greatest putter but i can generally read which way the ball is going to go. these greens had such slight breaks it was crazy to read.

Back