Tempo... How do you control yours??

I use the "1 and 2" approach.

I count in my head as I take the club back in a smooth motion. "1"

At the top of the swing is a very slight pause. "And"

Coming back to the ball at impact. "2"

Normally, I just hit some seven irons, then change to the driver and use the same tempo. The length of the shaft will make it go faster, but the rhythm will remain the same.

It's my constant battle. Tempo is everything in my game, mostly its just a mental battle more than a physical one for me.

I use the one two approach. I fought a super quick tempo since beginning the game. Since working n my tempo my games improved and added much needed consistency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's my constant battle. Tempo is everything in my game, mostly its just a mental battle more than a physical one for me.

When you have your tempo matched up, do you see a difference in your launch, contact and trajectory? When I get to fast and load too much my flight is low and contact a bit thin. When I'm in tempo, the ball launches high, long and pretty precise.

When you have your tempo matched up, do you see a difference in your launch, contact and trajectory? When I get to fast and load too much my flight is low and contact a bit thin. When I'm in tempo, the ball launches high, long and pretty precise.
Always. It's verbatim what you said for me, low and low on the face.

I work a lot on balance and taking it back slow the first 18 inches. I also do drills such as hitting full shots with my feet almost touching to keep everything synced up and in control.

Back